Do you have a "Claim to Fame"?

Reyn

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2008 10:03 pm
Well, this is my "Claim to Fame" (tongue in cheek).

I worked for McDonald's from 1972 to 1974. Somewhere in there, the Egg McMuffin was introduced to Western Canada. It was tried and tested in the store that I worked in (Main & Terminal, Vancouver) at the time.

Since I was the main daytime grill cook, I was asked to test it out on a Saturday. It was early and the restaurant had not as yet opened. So, I became the first person out here to cook one of these guys up.

Thank you, thank you, please line up for autographs on my left here. Laughing

How about you? Do you have a "Claim to Fame"?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 6,626 • Replies: 107
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2008 10:47 pm
I attended a Conway Twitty concert, at a time when he would have attracted an audience of just three hundred ninety nine persons. My entrance rounded out the whole four hundred. (Shortly after that, he went from rockabilly to country, and expanded his fan base).
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2008 11:10 pm
Quote:
Thank you, thank you, please line up for autographs on my left here.

Awwww Reyn~ >swoooon< :wink:

I have sorted claims to fame, but my lawyer won't let me discuss them publicly.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 01:13 am
First, when I first ordered an Egg McMuffin here in the states, it was served open-face, with a knife and fork and a packet of jelly. The idea was that you would eat the egg, bacon, and muffin with a knife and fork, and then put jelly on the other half of the muffin for "dessert"... Was it that way in Canada, Reyn?

On the Claim to Fame front, I was once roommates with Nina Blackwood (one of the original MTV V-Jays). She also plays the harp, which I loved to listen to when she practicedl.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 06:08 am
I won 2nd prize (and $15-) in a national Chiquita Banana jingle contest when I was a kid. I thought that it was so special that I made my mother put the letter that told me that I had won the prize in her safety deposit vault at the bank! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 06:19 am
1985 was my CtF year, and i can thank frisbee for it.

• the NY Post published a photo of me playing in central park
• a friend wrote a piece for Games Magazine, and a photo i took was used in the article
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 06:30 am
My CtF?

I invented the internet.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 06:43 am
Chai wrote:
My CtF?

I invented the internet.

Ohmygawd. I never realized that in real life, you were Al Gore! Laughing
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 07:12 am
I like to keep a low profile.

pssst....spendius is tommy lee jones.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 07:18 am
And Im Ann Coultier
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 08:19 am
I'm a super hero.

I tell my children that all the time, but they don't believe me. I am that good at hiding my identity.
0 Replies

vid

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 08:41 am
My claim to fame is that I won a poetry reading competition at school.

I am not a nerd, honestly.
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 08:43 am
I put the ram in the rama lama ding dong.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 08:46 am
George will get a kick outta this.

I won my school spelling bee in 4th grade, and represented at a citywide competition. (all downhill since, Rolling Eyes )
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 09:02 am
Laughing
I like that one Linkat!

Actually, I do have a claim to fame. Back in 1988, as an advertising art director, I was running through a stack of headshots from this dinky little modeling agency and ran across a very pretty girl, called her in for a go-see, liked the way she presented herself and gave her the first two, maybe three modeling assignments. She was great to work with but too short to model successfully. But I think she had other things in mind anyway. :wink:

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/458/halleberryym9.png

Halle Berry
(I had a hell of a time deciding which shot to use. The girl can't take a bad picture!!!)
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 09:10 am
This photo of me was in wide circulation about, oh, 19 years ago.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d8/Tianasquare.jpg
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 09:37 am
eoe wrote:
Laughing
I like that one Linkat!

Actually, I do have a claim to fame. Back in 1988, as an advertising art director, I was running through a stack of headshots from this dinky little modeling agency and ran across a very pretty girl, called her in for a go-see, liked the way she presented herself and gave her the first two, maybe three modeling assignments. She was great to work with but too short to model successfully. But I think she had other things in mind anyway. :wink:

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/458/halleberryym9.png

Halle Berry
(I had a hell of a time deciding which shot to use. The girl can't take a bad picture!!!)

Wow...that's a super cool story!
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 09:52 am
no pele
I will share out of my treasure.
Mid nineteen seventys. Pontiac Michigan. The silverdome. Capacity:eighty thousand. Attendance:two to three hundred. Event: Div II A.S.L championship. Under three minutes left, the score is still zero-zero. Slide tackle, steal the ball, break down the left wing, pursuers hot on my heels, I let off a shot. To this day I haven't a clue where that strength came from, but, that ball soared about thirty five yards into the upper right corner of the net.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 10:00 am
I can easily believe eoe's story. She has posted about working in Chicago. Halle Berry was discovered in Chicago.

(Over the years, I have shamelessly included boasts about my family while posting on other subjects.)
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 10:11 am
wandeljw wrote:
(Over the years, I have shamelessly included boasts about my family while posting on other subjects.)

Hope it didn't sound like I was shamelessly boasting. It is what it is.

What boasts have you made? Let's hear some now. Very Happy
0 Replies