Do you have a "Claim to Fame"?

makemeshiver33

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 02:46 pm
Eoe wrote:
Quote:
What can I say?
It was many years ago and not a major artist.[CODE]

Awww come on, share, share, share.........

~taps foot as I wait impatiently.......
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 02:57 pm
Reyn wrote:
Noddy24 wrote:
A bear came to tea in my back yard and ate all my birdseed. I forgave her. She was a nursing mother.

This is the right answer, right? Laughing

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
also when doing stand up had the privilege of opening for some incredibly funny and talented people, Steven Wright and Richard Jenni probably being my two favorites.

I don't know who these folks are, but I'm sure if I say "good job", it will be warranted!

Wright is the balding but yet wild haired guy that is the king of deadpan, he usually never smiles once during an act...kinda a highlight if he does crack up a bit. He often talks about his weird friend George....my friend George has braces.....on his dentures....my friend George is a DJ....when he walks under a bridge you can't hear him talk. Looks sort of like Larry from the Three Stooges.

Jeni was a small fast talking New York guy, whom I always confuse with Kevin Pollak....Pollak does a perfect Colombo, and is a all around good impressionist....they really don't look that much alike, Jeni had a very dark complexion, very Italian, and he was more of an angry commenting comic....a good one, that took his own life...a few months ago maybe...it's been recent, we had a thread on it here.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 03:10 pm
http://fusionanomaly.net/stevenwright.jpg ... http://www.chortle.co.uk/images/photos/small/rjeni.jpg
... wright ....................................... jeni ...
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 03:14 pm
My father invented the question mark.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 03:20 pm
makemeshiver33 wrote:
Awww come on, share, share, share.........

~taps foot as I wait impatiently.......

Oh. Didn't know you were waiting girlfriend.

It really was no biggie. My friend was art directing a video for a new artist, Micky Blue, Nicky Bleu, something like that, and asked if I wanted to be in it. There was a big dance party scene and I got a little face time with the camera. Must have been somewhere between 1988-1990.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 03:22 pm
I always found Jeni to be one hell of a clever guy. He was also very down to earth and friendly, very gracious. I remember the first time I went to a cattle call at Catch a Rising Star. I was waiting in the pen with about a million other wannabes and Jeni came in, saw me and called me by name, took me around and next thing you know I was on stage. I had only worked with him once before at the local club and partied after. I was amazed he knew me by name and would do such a nice thing. I was saddened when he killed himself.

I did stand up for a short time and my star was rising quickly on the regional circuit and i always did really well and never bombed until the night I did an opening slot for Steven Wright at The Punchline in Atlanta, and those people wanted to see Steven wright and anyone and everyone else could go to hell. A humbling experience. Laughing
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 03:27 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
A humbling experience. Laughing

Shocked
I'm using this emoticon only because there isn't one to represent sheer horror.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 03:31 pm
Eoe wrote:
Quote:
Oh. Didn't know you were waiting girlfriend.

It really was no biggie. My friend was art directing a video for a new artist, Micky Blue, Nicky Bleu, something like that, and asked if I wanted to be in it. There was a big dance party scene and I got a little face time with the camera. Must have been somewhere between 1988-1990.

COOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLL....lol
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 03:34 pm
It was one of the longest and most tedious nights of my life! We started at 10am and didn't wrap up until 6 am the next morning.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 04:10 pm
eoe wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
A humbling experience. Laughing

Shocked
I'm using this emoticon only because there isn't one to represent sheer horror.

I have been humbled a couple of times in my life... but only a couple... :wink:
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 04:26 pm
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 04:34 pm
Being laughed at when you weren't trying to be funny runs a close second.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 04:42 pm
eoe wrote:

I didn't get booed.... being booed or heckled is a wonderful opportunity to cut someone to shreds and humiliate them.... this was meeting with total silence... no response at all....that's the worst.

I remember opening for Mothers Finest in Roanoke right after they were thrown off the ZZ Top tour back sometime in the late seventies.... now here was a club where we were the hands down number one draw and packed the place to the rafters every time we played.... but here was Mothers Finest... who I will state for the record is one of the strongest live acts that ever took the stage.... and people... I mean big cirkus fans... were yelling at us to get the f**k off the stage and get MF up there... that kind of **** happens and you need to be philosophical about it... I still got a big check and i got laid that night... plus I got to rock out to and party with MF.... Laughing
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 04:56 pm
Loved Mothers Finest!!
(But I think we've had this conversation some time back.)
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2008 02:56 pm
I wish I could tell you.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2008 09:48 pm
here it is.
0 Replies

George

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2008 10:47 pm
JLNobody wrote:
I wish I could tell you.

How about a hint?
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2008 11:00 pm
JLNobody wrote:
I wish I could tell you.

D. B. Cooper?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2008 10:33 am
A hint? No way. There's no possible "hint" that would not give it away.

Oh, how about the fact that the actress (that's what female actors were called in those days), Betty Grable, kissed me* when I was a baby. I've got the scar to prove it.

*My father was a member of her husband's (Harry James') band.
0 Replies

George

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2008 03:31 pm
2PacksAday wrote:
JLNobody wrote:
I wish I could tell you.

D. B. Cooper?

HA!
Love it!
0 Replies