Total war on terrorists

Setanta

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2008 04:26 pm
Twenty years ago, Hussein was still our proxy fighting the evil Persians.

Thirty years ago, Hussein was not in power.

Forty years ago, the Ba'athists were not in power.

Typical Flaja horseshit.
0 Replies

flaja

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2008 04:26 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Setanta wrote:
Undoubtedly, Turkey's potential hostility toward the United States accounts for her membership in NATO.

Well, the only joined NATO in 1952.

And the Turks are showing hostility towards the U.S. now so NATO means nothing to them.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2008 04:29 pm
What hostility is that, Flaja?

Shelling Iraq to kill Kurds while the Shrub and his Forty Thieves of Baghdad look the other way?

You crack me up.
0 Replies

flaja

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2008 04:44 pm
nimh wrote:
flaja wrote:
nimh wrote:
Flaja,

How large do you estimate the chance that the US will be hit by a bio-chemical terrorist attack causing over 1,000 victims within the next 10 years?

Better than 50-50. I'd say that the chance that Cuba or terrorists operating from Cuba will launch an air attack on a U.S. nuclear power plant is even greater.

Dude. OK, in that case your proposals make sense vis-a-vis your risk assessment. I doubt many share your risk assessment though.

http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/12/31/205322.shtml?s=ic

This time last years some 60% of the Americans polled believed that the U.S. would see a terrorist attack in 2007. Roughly the same percentage believed that a biological or nuclear attack would take place somewhere else in the world during 2007.

http://www.mailmanschool.org/news/display.asp?ID=566

Last August more than 80% of Americans polled believed that the U.S. would be targeted by terrorists within the next 5 years.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2008 09:20 pm
Setanta wrote:
I consider your proposals to be eminently reasonable Jim . . . and i consider that you will make many enemies in the energy and produce industries, who aren't going to want you to slaughter their cash cows.

what the big dawg said...my sentimemts exactly...
0 Replies