Argh! Oven Drawer is Stuck Shut

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 10:25 pm
lift the whole damn oven up.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 10:31 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Could you get your digital camera in a position to use the screen to see what's going on in there?

Huh?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 10:33 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Could you get your digital camera in a position to use the screen to see what's going on in there?

I don't think so.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 10:34 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
ehBeth wrote:

Huh?

You got one of the James Bond phones, whatta ya mean, huh?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 10:52 pm
Rockhead wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
ehBeth wrote:

Huh?

You got one of the James Bond phones, whatta ya mean, huh?

Oh, I get it ... you just slide the skinny screen part through the little gap, and look into the lens part thingy. That might work.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 10:55 pm
(smacking head and wondering why I bother)
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 04:54 am
Me thinks this may require a persuader.

can you spin something around inside the draw with your chopstick.

Lots patience will be required moving things little by little and rattleing the draw to settle the contents from time to time. push the offending object from one side of the draw to the other side. just jeep patiently working at moving any object you can.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 05:36 am
dadpad wrote:

Lots patience will be required moving things little by little and rattleing the draw to settle the contents from time to time. push the offending object from one side of the draw to the other side. just jeep patiently working at moving any object you can.

Yes...the patient jeeping on will be the answer.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 06:59 am
Turn off the pilot. Turn on the gas. Leave.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 07:55 am
This is a Very Exciting Thread. I can't wait to get back home.

A Project! Hurrah!
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 09:02 am
dlowan wrote:
dadpad wrote:

Yes...the patient jeeping on will be the answer.

Take that silly hat off!
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 09:12 am
Is it still stuck?

Do you have a metal yard stick? If you slip it into the drawer and push it around it often loosens the stuck item.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 09:14 am
I have a big prong you could use in your drawers
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 09:51 am
Are you forgetting the drunken night when you superglued the neighbor's ferret into the bottom of your oven?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 11:11 am
Ticomaya wrote:
Oh, I get it ... you just slide the skinny screen part through the little gap, and look into the lens part thingy. That might work.

Don't you ever use your digicam/cellphone to look at things you can't see directly? like hold it around a corner ... snap ... bring it back and see what you got - it's very handy for things in weird locations
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 12:12 pm
I talked to a friend of mine who who works in appliance repair and he swears that you should have enough play in the gas line to pull it away from the wall and look inside the drawer from the back of the oven to see what the problem is.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 12:42 pm
There has to be enough play or it never would have gotten installed in the first place.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 12:43 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

Don't you ever use your digicam/cellphone to look at things you can't see directly? like hold it around a corner ... snap ... bring it back and see what you got - it's very handy for things in weird locations

No.

But in this case I understand the opening gap is 1/2 inch wide. So unless she has an endoscope ....
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 02:39 pm
suspended
Almost all gas lines are flexible, and a minimum of twenty four inches. If you tried moving your stove, and it didn't budge, you were probally being to dainty about it, and it just needs a little jarring. Don't be afraid. Gas explosions usually occur only in the middle of the night
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 02:51 pm
littlek has not responded to the last fifteen posts.

is she okay?
0 Replies