Respringing a garage door

tycoon

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 01:47 pm
I bought a piece of property with a garage that has a 16X7 foot door. The header over the door rotted causing the torsion bar to spring. I've replaced the header, can I respring the torsion bar?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,553 • Replies: 5
No top replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 02:33 pm
It is safer to have a pro do it for you...
0 Replies

luckydriver

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 07:04 pm
Re: Respringing a garage door
tycoon wrote:
I bought a piece of property with a garage that has a 16X7 foot door. The header over the door rotted causing the torsion bar to spring. I've replaced the header, can I respring the torsion bar?

http://www.truetex.com/garage.htm
0 Replies

tycoon

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 12:43 pm
Oh man, this is too good to be true. I can probably do this job for about $3. YEE-HAWWWWW! Thanks so much luckydriver. Let me buy you a beer.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 01:04 pm
Just be careful.

Nothing quite like releasing the bolt while not being prepared to take up the tension of the spring. Smashed knuckles are the least of your worries if you do that.
0 Replies

luckydriver

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 07:50 pm
tycoon wrote:
Oh man, this is too good to be true. I can probably do this job for about $3. YEE-HAWWWWW! Thanks so much luckydriver. Let me buy you a beer.

glug glug...thank you!

Well I cant say i would do that BUT i would definitely do the springs on the side of the door. i paid 250 for new ones to be put on and it was so ez i was embarrassed i called lol
0 Replies