Exercise Goals for 2008

jespah

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 04:57 pm
Upped the weights I've been lifting. A lil sore but not too bad. It's hard to get the final reps in, which is exactly where I wanted to be. Weight loss has slowed a bit but not too badly.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 07:41 pm
Well, it's Wednesday and I'm feeling just about 80% recovered from last Friday's Long Run.

(Can it be that I cannot just go out and trot 16 miles, take a nap then go to a bar and have beers and burgers and feel fine in the morning????)

Saturday, I felt great but Sunday, I slept most of the day. I got up on Monday and had to drag myself around the loop for six, Tuesday morning I was still in an off mode and kinda lollygagged my way through about four or so, this morning I couldn't get out of bed at 4AM again.

I set the alarm for 6:30 and fell fast asleep.

Tonight, I moseyed for just over four miles, tomorrow I am taking off completely. Friday's run will just be enough to get me more than 20 for the week.
=======
Oh, I just remembered. I wanted to tell Sozobe how to tell if she is drinking enough fluids,,,,,, when you stop running, look at your watch, then look at your forearms......if in 30 seconds your skin isn't covered by a nice film of water, you are under-hydrated.

Joe(I can usually flick big droplets off of my fingers after stopping for a minute.)Nation
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 08:30 pm
Switched to a much higher intensity class on Wednesdays.

If you see a few posts like kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

I'll have fallen over on the keyboard.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 08:54 pm
I took a Cardio Pump class after work today. The instructor is like a blonde Energizer bunny.

I couldn't walk normally after class, and I think I'll be feeling muscles in odd places tomorrow.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 09:19 pm
day off today (writing!)

boxing and step on monday
50 mins eliptical and round of weights yesterday,
kardio kickboxing and abs tomorrow, some sort of improvised jumping around on friday.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 08:18 pm
Finished my month with record distance: 97.5 K.
But little speed.

Speed points: 0
Stamina points: 27
Distance points: 9.7

I have built again a very small cushion regarding my distance goal for the year. I'm positive I'm going to lose it during the Olympics.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 05:00 pm
Quote:

WAY TO GO!

I got my new shoes today. The ones I bought in April have nearly 350 miles on them. (so says my log.)

22.5 for the week
552.5 for the year

Had a very nice run this morning. A stocky guy without a shirt ran just behind me for the first two miles or so. I could hear his footsteps. I ran as quietly as I could (I think if you can hear the clop-clop of your shoes, your feet will suffer.) I stayed ahead all the way up Cat Hill but on the flats another, faster, runner passed both of us.

Inspired, he blew by me and made to stay with the faster guy. They soon disappeared up ahead.

Joe(relationships are so fragile)Nation
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 05:47 pm
:-)

It's been hothothot, even in the mornings. So today we ran four and then did a bunch of exercises in the shade. Sit-ups, push-ups, rovers, etc. It was good, we're gonna keep doing that.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 06:17 pm
sozobe wrote:
:-)

It's been hothothot, even in the mornings. So today we ran four and then did a bunch of exercises in the shade. Sit-ups, push-ups, rovers, etc. It was good, we're gonna keep doing that.

"We" ? I must have missed who your training partner is.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 06:45 pm
fbaezer wrote:
But little speed.

Speed points: 0
Stamina points: 27
Distance points: 9.7

I have built again a very small cushion regarding my distance goal for the year. I'm positive I'm going to lose it during the Olympics.

That is deliciously ironic!!!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2008 03:25 am
i'm up to 25 push-ups at a time, 2 or 3 sets per day.
i did 30 a couple times...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2008 08:01 am
Thomas wrote:
"We" ? I must have missed who your training partner is.

She started out as "Gym-mom," last year -- we were members of the same gym, which didn't provide childcare, and we're both stay-at-home moms, and our kids are friends. So we started trading off watching the kids (her two boys + sozlet) while the other went to the gym last summer (after the kids were out of school). Then this spring we talked about how we loved to run but our knees get twingy when we run on the street, and decided to give a local track a go. We've been doing that three times a week ever since (and she's now "Trackmom").

There are many nice things about the track but one is that when school ended we could just bring the kids with us, and they play in the shade as we run in circles around them. (Yesterday they protested that they weren't finished playing when Trackmom and I were finished working out, so we just sat around and talked while the kids kept doing their thing.) (There was some complicated criminals on the lam scenario going on.)

A couple of months ago (?) we were joined by "Newbie." She's been out of town a lot this summer on various vacations, so it's been mostly me and Trackmom.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2008 10:43 am
Adding extra walking during the week seems to be helping. Probably going to walk to lunch or dinner today, rather than drive. Hmm.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 03:46 am
Just entered three races for September, none available to me in August.
Check out the 4 mile on the the Sixth, Thomas. If you come over, I'll treat you to breakfast after the run.

556 miles and on the way home

Joe(trotter)Nation
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 04:45 am
Joe Nation wrote:
Check out the 4 mile on the the Sixth, Thomas. If you come over, I'll treat you to breakfast after the run.

Thanks Joe!

But I'll be in Germany on the week from the 31st to the 7th -- my father is celebrating his 65th birthday on the 6th. I have little hopes for the half-marathon and the 18 miler later in September. So how about the October races?

Congratulations on the 556 miles!
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 11:40 am
Week 31

22.2 miles

Scheduled cumulative mileage: 620
Actual cumulative mileage: 641.2

[Rambling through Rawlings VA on the Virtual Jog to Georgia]
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 01:44 pm
sozobe wrote:
She started out as "Gym-mom," last year -- we were members of the same gym, which didn't provide childcare, and we're both stay-at-home moms, and our kids are friends.

Ah! I do remember gym mom. I just didn't keep up with her metamorphosis, and I never heard of "Newbie". Thanks for bringing me up to date.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 07:12 pm
ok

I'm going to post it so that I have to follow-through.

October 4th. I'm going to dance with the folkloric group from school. Like, in public again.

Shocked
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 07:52 pm
Shake those hips!

No scheduled run on Monday, took sozlet and a friend to the state fair instead and tagged along behind them for 8 hours. Had to add up to something. (I wore my running shoes and was sore but fine at the end, kept up with the kids with no problem -- previous years I've worn my comfiest sandals and still NEEDED to sit after 6 hours or so.)

Ran today, it was hot though, did 3 laps then exercises in the shade.

Will run again Sat (have a Very Interesting appt. on Friday that I'll tell more about if it pans out or if it doesn't) then next week should be more normal.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 08:37 pm
I look forward to hearing more about soz's Friday appointment and about bethie's 10/4 performance.
0 Replies