BumbleBeeBoogie

dlowan

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 06:29 pm
Nobody is jealous, Craven!!!!! BBB's recipes are a treasure - it would be great if they could be collected and be easily accessible. I am not objecting to their being posted individually, of course - just saying it would be good to have them in a more easily copied form.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 06:42 pm
Perhaps something we could sell to A2Kers even....hmm?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 10:46 am
A recipe topic
I don't have the ability to transfer all of the recipes I've already posted to a new site without a huge amount of work. I also wouldn't be able to organize them for easy access.

What do you think of the following idea? Ask Craven to set up a separate "Recipes" site in addition to the "Food and Drink" site. Then Craven could transfer all my posted recipes there or he could give me the ability to do it through A2K controls (I have no idea how that's done.)

This "Recipes" site could be limited to BBB's recipes, since there will be so many, or other A2Kers could post recipes there too. If it is limited to BBB's recipes, then I think it should be closed to other posters except to read but not to post so I can keep it organized.

The problem with having random recipe posting on any site is that its difficult for anyone to find a recipe if they are not organized into types of recipes and in alphabetical order.

What do you all think of this idea?

---BumbleBeeBoogie
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 09:54 am
Response to BBB needed ASAP
I need a response to my idea before I start posting another disc full of recipes. Otherwise it will just be more to transfer.

BumbleBeeBoogie
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 10:20 am
Morning All!!

Just saw this thread and have a few thoughts.

Bumblebee- Your postings are very much appreciated, the recipes are great. My only fear is that the shear volume of them may be discouraging other potential entries.

I don't think that Craven has the time to worry about making new forums for recipes, but what we can do right now is to take the recipe threads BBB started last winter, and Make them "Featured" topics, so that the're always at the top of the forum,..more easily accessed, and then we're only dealing with 4-5 threads being posted to, rather than a huge flood of new posts.

I think that this will help! Very Happy
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 10:27 am
I put in the request to feature those topics.

I think we can just "copy and paste" all of the other recipes to their respective featured topics.

Actually, I think it would be best if I did this, then I can check them all against my list of recipes for the book.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 10:30 am
Uh, if someone should actually set up an a2k cookbook or recipe forum, my feelings would not be hurt if my "Blue Bonnet Surprise" were left behind.
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 10:48 am
Roger,

I'll be grouping them all together soon,..Blue Bonnet Surprise et al! Laughing
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 12:32 pm
Jerry
Jerry, that sounds like a good workable solution, at least at this time.

I won't post any more recipes until this change is made.

Thanks

BumbleBeeBoogie
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 12:40 pm
Glad it works for ya BBB.

Most of those threads are now featured, I missed 2, but they will feature sometime today Main Dishes and Breakfast/Brunch will show up really soon! Very Happy
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2003 02:40 pm
Quote:
The problem with having random recipe posting on any site is that its difficult for anyone to find a recipe if they are not organized into types of recipes and in alphabetical order.

This part of the problem can be easily solved by using a consistent header format in your recipe posts. At the start of each posting of a recipe you could have several fields to complete such as

meal:
recipe name:
main ingredient:

and other pertinent questions a person would search under for a recipe.

Anytime someone wants to search for a particular recipe all they need do is make use of the A2K search feature and input some of the keywords found in the header or the body of the recipe to be searched for and specify the search limitations to just the food & drink category.

This allows you the flexibility of being able to continually add to the collection without having to give much forethought to the organization of it other then to create the few general categories for your header keywords.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2003 04:22 pm
Craven and Jerry
Craven and Jerry, Butrflynet has made an excellent suggestion. How could this be accomplished for all the recipes already posted?

I also think we need at least one more recipe category to those already created: Snacks and Condiments.

---BumbleBeeBoogie
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2003 12:45 am
o count a side dish as a snack
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2003 09:52 am
side dishes and snacks
Safecracker, side dishes and snacks are too different to be combine. Mashed potatoes as a side dish to fried chicken dinner is very different from popcorn while watching a football game.

I think we need a snack catagory. Smile

We have lots of A2K pet owners who are concerned about the commerical food available and might like to try making some at home. I have a number of recipes for making home-made dog and cat food. Where would you post pet food recipes? Do we need a Pet Food category too?

---BumbleBeeBoogie
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2003 04:26 pm
Ya I get where your comming from just as it is thats what i've been doing.
0 Replies