Cyracuz

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 06:33 pm
aperson

Call me a mystic, if you need to call me anything.

But faith in itself isn't a matter of true or false. What you put faith in, however, is. And that is the major theme of this debate/argument.

Thing is that even scientists rely on faith, essentially in what they believe. Their aim is to eliminate this factor from all their equations, but at the very beginning faith is the inspiration of science. Without faith there would be no science. The simplest way to argue that claim is to ask this: Would the very first scientists ever have started their projects if they didn't believe something might come of it?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 06:35 pm
She doesn't oppress me either.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 06:36 pm
Luckily, spendius, you aren't gay and desirous of marriage.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 06:37 pm
I think gay people should be allowed to marry.
I think gay people should have the right to be just as miserable as the rest of us :wink:
0 Replies

spendius

Do you have to be lucky to not be like that?
0 Replies

aperson

No, she doesn't opress OTHER[/i][/u] people.

Cyracuz,
things which are inarguably real and God are completely different. You can't compare them. To put your faith in God is silly. To put your faith in a scientific project is a completely different matter.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 06:38 pm
You make a lot of assumptions Cyracuz. I limit myself to nothing. You are the one that thinks I am being limited. With God ALL things are possible to those that believe.

Whether you or anyone else believes is none of my business. What is my business is the fact that you seem to now deem me and believers mentally ill and you don't have a clue as to who I am and I doubt you have much of a clue as to who Intrepid is either. I just use he and I since we are the two discussing on this thread that are Christian.

You judge me mentally ill only because I believe in God. How narrow minded can you get? The Bible says it's a foolish man that says there is no God.

When you ever get to the point of understanding that God is NOT about proof but faith maybe you will understand.

What good would a God be if He had to prove Himself to His creation? You can't make a person love you Cyracuz. You can't make a person trust you. You can't make a person have faith in you. You probably wouldn't want someone that you had to make love you, would you? God could do all of those things if He chose to. However, He choose to give us free will and wants us to love Him and have faith in Him by our own choice.

Perhaps you would have preferred a God that made all your decisions for you? So if you want to think I am an idiot, mentally ill, or whatever be my guest. That is your right.

But remember this, it's not what you think of me that is important to me. It's what I think of you that is important to me.

All the intelligence in the world doesn't make a person a decent human being. Compassion, understanding, tolerance, patience, etc., are the kinds of things that make you a decent person.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 06:38 pm
She oppresses gay people.
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 06:39 pm
A mystic?? Come on, don't be vague.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 06:40 pm
aperson wrote:
My tools are reasoning etc.

As you don't have these, you just have to repeat the phrase "God exists" over and over until the victim submits.

I will give you a clue as to who you have used brute force on before. Subtract everyone else in the world, and who do you have left?

And that applies to me and Intrepid and anything we have said on this thread how?
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 06:40 pm
aperson

Amend that to "To put your faith in a concept you have defined as an impossibility is silly." And we are in agreement.
But do you agree that it is faith in both instances?

Faith is like beer, in that you can use it to your benefit, or you can completely abuse it.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 06:42 pm
spendius wrote:
Do you have to be lucky to not be like that?

Only if you don't want to be oppressed by her. Otherwise, you're SOL.
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 06:51 pm
Arella Mae wrote:
You make a lot of assumptions Cyracuz. I limit myself to nothing. You are the one that thinks I am being limited. With God ALL things are possible to those that believe. What does that even mean anyway?

Whether you or anyone else believes is none of my business. What is my business is the fact that you seem to now deem me and believers mentally ill and you don't have a clue as to who I am and I doubt you have much of a clue as to who Intrepid is either. We don't have to know who you are. That is irrelevent. I can judge you by the views you express on this website. If you keep on bringing that point up then just don't post here. I just use he and I since we are the two discussing on this thread that are Christian.

You judge me mentally ill only because I believe in God. How narrow minded can you get? The Bible says it's a foolish man that says there is no God. Again, accepting the Bible as truth without proof. The Bible also says to kill people for working on the sabbath, to kill naughty children, to kill non-believers, to treat women as property.

When you ever get to the point of understanding that God is NOT about proof but faith maybe you will understand. We all understand that. What we (I) don't understand is why you judge faith as so marvelous.

What good would a God be if He had to prove Himself to His creation? A lot better than the current one. Why shouldn't God prove himself? You can't make a person love you Cyracuz. You can't make a person trust you. You can't make a person have faith in you. I don't just trust people randomly, as you do. For me to trust people they have to prove themselves. You probably wouldn't want someone that you had to make love you, would you? Make and prove are different things. God could do all of those things if He chose to. However, He choose to give us free will and wants us to love Him and have faith in Him by our own choice. So did the giant beetle called Mardok who lives in the belly of an orge.

Perhaps you would have preferred a God that made all your decisions for you? So if you want to think I am an idiot, mentally ill, or whatever be my guest. That is your right.

But remember this, it's not what you think of me that is important to me. It's what I think of you that is important to me. That is fairly selfish and blind. I improve myself based on respected people's constructive criticism.

All the intelligence in the world doesn't make a person a decent human being. Compassion, understanding, tolerance, patience, etc., are the kinds of things that make you a decent person.Whether you are decent or not is not the point here. I'm sure you're decent, but that is irrelevent.
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 06:54 pm
Arella Mae wrote:
aperson wrote:
My tools are reasoning etc.

As you don't have these, you just have to repeat the phrase "God exists" over and over until the victim submits.

I will give you a clue as to who you have used brute force on before. Subtract everyone else in the world, and who do you have left?

And that applies to me and Intrepid and anything we have said on this thread how?

Oh please. Did you poke your eyes out on purpose? It applies to your character which applies to the validity of your comments.
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 06:55 pm
Yes they are both faith, but one is faith in something real, the other is faith in something with no evidence whatsoever. They fail to compare.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 06:59 pm
http://www.able2know.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1898699#1898699

A clearer look at Arella Mae, AKA Momma Angel.
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 07:01 pm
"The father of lies?". This proves it - she's mad. I can't debate with someone who thinks I work for or am the father of lies.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 07:04 pm
aperson I addressed that long post to Cyracuz, not you.

I'm not taking the bait Lash. If you want a fight or to be entertained by one please go fish somewhere else.

I was enjoying the conversation but it has deteriorated greatly. So I'll just drop out. I'm not going to argue with any of you.
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 07:06 pm
Oh goodey.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 07:06 pm
wow...
That's the kind of thing that can start wars...
0 Replies