The 82nd Rainforest Thread ~

Stradee

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 01:00 pm
@danon5,
Dan, found when i crank up the tunes, sing along, houseworks done quicker - with lots of smiles. Very Happy

Hi ya Teeny, Beth and all ~

Tomorrow second surgery.

clicked

Work today, gotta run...
ehBeth

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 05:01 pm
@Stradee,
aktbird57 and the WildClickers have supported 2,917,727.3 square feet!

Marine Wetlands habitat supported: 217,253.2 square feet.

American Prairie habitat supported: 68,355.0 square feet.

Rainforest habitat supported: 2,632,119.1 square feet.

http://orbitingfrog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/tree_frog.jpg
sumac

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 08:11 am
@ehBeth,
Just returning from two weeks without the computer. Had to have it reformatted and then reloadedwith a clean version f OS. Caught a bug. Now have to redownload everything of value. So creating shortcut to here and will backtrack to link to care2 site.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 08:02 pm
@sumac,
Good to see you again, sumac!
http://www.thetoyshop.com/media/toyshop/products/Bandai/Zoom/Pixie-Hollow-Home-Tree-Playset-zoom.jpg

The WildClickers have supported 2,917,838.4 square feet!

Marine Wetlands habitat supported: 217,305.0 square feet.

Rainforest habitat supported: 2,632,178.3 square feet.

0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 06:46 am
Good morning. Hope today finds everybody smiling. Clicked.
danon5. How is the single life treating you? Getting into any trouble? More imporantly, how is the Mrs. doing? Remind me one day to tell you about my good deed of pillow washing. At least I thought it was a good deed.
Stradee. Swelling receding, or no need for costume next week?
ehBeth. If I may ask, is the "eh" in your screen name related to a certain countrys speech customs?
Hello sumac. Hope all is well.
See you folks later.
sumac

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 08:08 am
@alex240101,
clicked, but dismayed to find that there are stilll problems. Will have to contact the techie. Oh well.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 12:01 pm
Happy returns, sue.

Alex, yep - all set for halloween. At work, one of my co workers little tykes exclaimed "You have a booboo"!

Today, after the second surgery, my new fashion statement = prize fighter.

Home for the next week or so, and "will do very well" says the doc {who btw is one of the best, imo} Healing a slow process though, a few months of bandages - but the cancers gone and i'm a happy sentient Very Happy even if smilings a challenge for now.

Beth, very cute pics.

Dan, the house can be seen sparklin' from the road. Smile

Stradee

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 12:03 pm
whoops

http://rainforest.care2.com/i?p=583091674

0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 01:54 pm
@Stradee,
prizefighter=hilarious
danon5

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 05:31 pm
@alex240101,
Alex, prizefighter = headache # 1

I have a light heavy weight trophy to prove it. I threw up in a towel as I climbed into the ring to receive it. One and only time in the ring.

Hi all, my Patti came home today - not the two weeks that was estimated. I figured the doctors became jealous when she started to run the place.

Actually, the meds were changed and she is a new person now. But, we both realize the MS will slowly progress and - we have now hope for the immediate future. Realizing that will change in time.

Stradee, glad for the results, more happiness to you. Oh, because Patti came home unexpectedly early the house still needs dusting. Will get to it in time.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 09:40 pm
@danon5,
my schedule is all messed up - we took the dogs for a long walk then I called the hamburgers for an update on mrs. hamburger - she's allowed to try a few stairs a day now - training on how to get in and out of the car starts next week - whoooohoooooo

then there was cooking to do ... football picks ... some dishes ... and then omigawd! clicks!

Looks like Patti picked an amazing day to come home in terms of the release of new MS study news.

http://www.forbes.com/forbeslife/health/feeds/hscout/2008/10/23/hscout620608.html

~~~

The WildClickers have supported 2,917,934.7 square feet!

Marine Wetlands habitat supported: 217,342.1 square feet.

Rainforest habitat supported: 2,632,237.6 square feet.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 09:45 pm
@Stradee,
http://www.thegrowspot.com/gnomes/mushroom_gnomes.jpg

Stradee, you sound like hamburger when he's got facial bruising/stitches ... always says it's a dueling scar Laughing
alex240101

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 07:25 am
Good morning everybody. Waiting for the clouds to break. Clicked.
Has anybody ever heard of rain forest friendly jungle chocolate? From the Amazon, each purchase helps buy and protect the Amazon rainforest.
If anyone is interested: http://www.yachanagourmet.com/
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 10:19 am
@ehBeth,
LOL Hamburger has a good sense of humor, bless his heart.

I luv that picture! Reminds me of the lawns during winter. Expecting lil orgres to appear from underneath the grouped veggie condo shrooms. Laughing

Good news for Mrs Hamburger, and Pattie! Miracles abound.

Alex, thanks for the link! Saving the rainforest plus chocolate!!!!!!!!!!

Heaven

0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 10:23 am
@danon5,
Thanks for the kind wishes, Dan.

So glad your Patties feeling well, and the meds are a positive! Good news
danon5

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 02:23 pm
@Stradee,
Thank you Stradee and thank all well wishing Wildclickers.......

ehBeth, thanks for the article, but, my Patti is well beyond that phase of MS - she is now well into the progressive stage. She did try the meds mentioned years ago when she was still in the relapsing-remitting stage, but it didn't work for her. In fact the interferon almost killed her - she began to have horrible migraines which would not stop - it went on for almost two months - then she and I agreeing said stop. We tried the other one available then - it didn't work.

At least the new meds she has been recently prescribed stops the pain reaction from the brain to the organ or muscle that her brain thinks is hurting but is actually not. That's great news - because in the past she has suffered pain in her brain that made her think parts of her body were injured which were perfectly ok. This new med stops the transmission of those feelings. But, if any part of her is actually injured or hurting the brain senses it. Great meds.

Thanks all for caring - but, isn't that the reason we are all gathered here at Care2??

Alex, Your URL is now in my Favorites folder. Thanks.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 07:05 pm
@danon5,
You and your 300 friends have supported 2,918,008.7 square feet!

Marine Wetlands habitat supported: 217,356.9 square feet.

Rainforest habitat supported: 2,632,296.8 square feet.

~~~~

back tomorrow with some photos of a little adventure with the pack

the colours are simply glorious right now
danon5

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 09:27 pm
@ehBeth,
66.988 Acres !!

Way to go and good clicking, Wildclickers !!
sumac

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2008 11:14 am
@danon5,
Interesting article, ehBeth. Sorry they hold nothing of promise for Patti.

Alex, will save your link.

Techie called and he will stop by tomorrow.

Clicked here.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2008 11:17 am
Dan, so glad the meds are working for Pattie. Good news.

Me right eyes still at half mast with swelling - today though the pains subsided.

Staying home from work for a week giving the wounds a chance to heal. Not supposted to lift or bend - moving slowly - but thoroughly enjoying the remarkable weather and colors {Beth - looking forward to seeing your photos}.

Picture taking yesterday also, sending to friends and family who don't have the chance to visit here often - Autumn is probably the most beautiful season of all.

Have a good day all ~