Good For Her

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 11:54 am
Hillary launches atack sites on Obama. As I've been saying all along... she has been attacked from all sides on everything from being the first lady to the size of her calves and every wrinkle in face and having an unattractive daughter (in the Bill years) for years, much less her policy decisions or voting record, all in a nasty way.

Here's the funny thing. when the guys do it they're tough, hard hitting mens men.

When Hillary fires back she's a ball bustin c*nt.

If you can't take it don't dish it out.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008/story?id=4032659&page=1
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,436 • Replies: 28
No top replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 01:21 pm
Let him have it. He is to much of a politician and doesn't have enough experience.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 01:48 pm
Re: Good For Her
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Hillary launches atack sites on Obama. As I've been saying all along... she has been attacked from all sides on everything from being the first lady to the size of her calves and every wrinkle in face and having an unattractive daughter (in the Bill years) for years, much less her policy decisions or voting record, all in a nasty way.

Here's the funny thing. when the guys do it they're tough, hard hitting mens men.

When Hillary fires back she's a ball bustin c*nt.

If you can't take it don't dish it out.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008/story?id=4032659&page=1

I thought she PROMISED not to be negative?

F
rom what I can see, Obama only criticized her record (or lack thereof).
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 01:59 pm
A: as do they all

B: there is a difference between being negative out of the box and responding in kind. Would you have prefered that after 9/11 we refused to be negative or were you desirous of us kicking Osama's ass? If Hillary ignored this you'd call her weak. What do you want? Besides no Hillary regardless of anything that is?
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 02:38 pm
Out of curiousity, exactly what attacks has Obama made on Hillary personally?
I know he has attacked her record, but what PERSONAL ATTACKS has Obama launched against her?

Pleas give us details, including verifiable proof, not just your ramblings and idle thoughts on the subject.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 02:44 pm
mysteryman wrote:
I know he has attacked her record, but what PERSONAL ATTACKS has Obama launched against her?

Pleas give us details, including verifiable proof, not just your ramblings and idle thoughts on the subject.

First, would you kindly prove that your curiosity is authentic, not facetious, and also support your claim that you "know" Obama has attacked Senator Clinton's record, and, finally, define "personal," all with credible sources, citations, footnotes, and a bibliography that adheres to MLA standards?

Thank you.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 02:52 pm
Gargamel wrote:
mysteryman wrote:

First, would you kindly prove that your curiosity is authentic, not facetious, and also support your claim that you "know" Obama has attacked Senator Clinton's record, and, finally, define "personal," all with credible sources, citations, footnotes, and a bibliography that adheres to MLA standards?

Thank you.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing okay, we're done here. Gargamel I got that, even though MM is too thick to.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 02:54 pm
Gargamel wrote:
mysteryman wrote:

Thank you.

I'm not a dem, so I havent followed them enough to know if he has attacked her personally or not, hence my curiousity.

Here he attacked her stand on Social Security.
That is an issue, not a personal attack.

http://www.boomantribune.com/story/2007/10/30/155042/22

Here he attacks her on NAFTA.
Again thats an issue, not a personal attack.

http://washingtontimes.com/article/20071119/NATION/111190024/1002/NATION

Here he attacks her on her Iraq vote,again an issue and not a personal attack.

http://tpmelectioncentral.com/2007/10/obama_attacks_hillary_over_iran_vote_camp_hillary_hits_back.php

I can find no evidence that he has attacked her personally.

As for defining "personal", lets just stick with what BPB said, and go with that for now...

Quote:
she has been attacked from all sides on everything from being the first lady to the size of her calves and every wrinkle in face and having an unattractive daughter (in the Bill years)

Since that is what is being called "personal", please show me one time where Barak Obama has EVER made attacks based on BPB's list of what constitutes personal attacks.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 03:12 pm
I know politics makes strange bedfellows, but I think I agree with mysteryman here.

I'd be satisfied with:

Are you seriously suggesting, BPB, that Obama is attacking Hillary more than Hillary is attacking him?
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 03:18 pm
sozobe wrote:
I know politics makes strange bedfellows, but I think I agree with mysteryman here.

I'd be satisfied with:

Are you seriously suggesting, BPB, that Obama is attacking Hillary more than Hillary is attacking him?

I thought the Obama campaign was getting demerits for being too passive in the face of the Clinton machine. Of course, Senator Clinton has been attacked personally, but those have come from the right, not the Obama camp.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 03:19 pm
yes I do. On this particular issue MM takes the side of your candidate sozobe so of course you agree with him. With no offense or disrespect intended.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 03:34 pm
It's not the first time I've agreed with mysteryman. It's rare, but I've agreed with him on other issues -- nothing to do with Obama.

I do think it's fair to ask that you give some examples. Personal attacks? Really?

I agree with engineer's take.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 04:36 pm
Agreeing with mysteryman, Sozobe, engineer here.

I'm between Edwards and Obama re my vote, like Kucinich out of context, could possibly like Bloomberg, haven't read enough on him.
In any case, I've agreed with mysteryman from time to time too.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 04:51 pm
it's not unusual to agree with anything negatiate about a candidate you don't support, just as you can expect me to take Hillary's side because I support her. So what's the big surprise?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 04:57 pm
Well, that you should be able to back up the specific thing rather than just saying it's because you support her so she can do no wrong?

Obama has done or said things I disagree with, and I've said so when I disagree with them. If he does or says enough things that I disagree with, and/or if I think someone else is more worthy of my support, I'll cease supporting Obama.

I don't actually know who I'll vote for in November 2008. All indications so far is that it'll be Obama... but I'm continuing to research and compare and contrast, and my mind might change. I'm not just supporting Obama, period, no facts getting in the way between now and election day.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 05:03 pm
On a campaign instituting, supporting, auxiliary attack websites, icky poo, whatever candidate it is, however legal it is.

I am not entirely against Hillary Clinton, and will probably vote for her if she is in the final vote with this or that other person.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 05:03 pm
I will research the myriad of personal attacks that have made on Hillary. I will also say that if you look at my original post you will see I did not specify Obama but said attacks from all sides. It's right there in black and white on my first post. MM specified Obama because he felt it was his best chance to belittle my post. The rest of you will agree with him because you like Obama. I will research this, if not now because I have a show, then tomorrow.
After I post it, MM will spin it. The rest of you will probably agree with MM not because you're flaming azzholes but because you don't like Hillary.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 05:07 pm
BPB, whatever you started out with, you answered my question "Are you seriously suggesting, BPB, that Obama is attacking Hillary more than Hillary is attacking him?"

with

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
yes I do. On this particular issue MM takes the side of your candidate sozobe so of course you agree with him. With no offense or disrespect intended.

(Emphasis mine.)

No rush though.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 05:14 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
The rest of you will probably agree with MM not because you're flaming azzholes but because you don't like Hillary.

Your original post specifically mentioned that Clinton was attacking Obama and then went on to say it was about time since she's been attacked by all sides (as front-runners are). When MM asks (in a reasonable tone) when has Obama attacked Clinton, you call us "azzholes"? I think the appropriate Internet protocol is just to go straight to calling us Nazis.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 05:14 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I will research the myriad of personal attacks that have made on Hillary. I will also say that if you look at my original post you will see I did not specify Obama but said attacks from all sides. It's right there in black and white on my first post. MM specified Obama because he felt it was his best chance to belittle my post. The rest of you will agree with him because you like Obama. I will research this, if not now because I have a show, then tomorrow.
After I post it, MM will spin it. The rest of you will probably agree with MM not because you're flaming azzholes but because you don't like Hillary.

I have no horse in this race (except I hope you guys get a much saner, better president) and I am with Soz and, lord help us, MM.

As far as I can see, you mentioned Hillary making personal attacks on Obama, and congratulated her, therefore I think it reasonable to believe you think Obama has attacked HER personally, as otherwise it would seem very odd to congratulate her for attacking someone who has NOT attacked her.

I think it reasonable to ask you to give examples of attacks by Obama.

I agree with you that the personal attacks on Hillary have been disgusting.
0 Replies