Bill Clinton on Charlie Rose Show; Obama not ready

mysteryman

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2007 01:31 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
playing cya MM? How Rovian of you.... Laughing

Not at all.
I admit that I used the wrong word, but that doesnt change the FACTS presented.
Unless you are now going to say that the record of her votes is a lie.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2007 01:35 pm
your intent was clear MM..... repudiate any positive statement about Hillary and make a negative point about her...
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2007 01:38 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
your intent was clear MM..... repudiate any positive statement about Hillary and make a negative point about her...

Not at all, she does that quite well on her own.
The statement was made ...

Quote:
A wise policy, but I was concerned that some unsuspecting reader might have thought that, with all of those links, mysteryman had accidentally stumbled upon some facts.

So, to prove that joe is a complete idiot, I posted the FACTS from her own voting record.
Are you now saying that the info from her own voting record was wrong?
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2007 02:30 pm
Re: Joe
mysteryman wrote:
Did she or didnt she vote NO to the amendment listed in the link?
I admit I should have used "amendment" instead of "bill", that was my error.
But, how does that change the information?

An amendment is not a bill. So using the wrong word meant that you were wrong. Be more careful the next time.

mysteryman wrote:
She voted NO, and I posted a link to the site that proved that.

So again, exactly what part of the info from her votes is wrong?
What part wasnt a fact?

That depends. What point were you trying to make?

mysteryman wrote:
So, to prove that joe is a complete idiot, I posted the FACTS from her own voting record.

Wrong again. You were responding to one of BBB's posts. My first post on this thread was my response to your post listing the "facts" of Clinton's voting record.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2007 02:41 pm
mysteryman wrote:
So, to prove that joe is a complete idiot....

In that case, you may wish to revisit your strategy. Joe is not the one who is being shown to be a complete idiot.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2007 02:42 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Did she or didnt she vote NO to the amendment listed in the link?
I admit I should have used "amendment" instead of "bill", that was my error.
But, how does that change the information?

An amendment is not a bill. So using the wrong word meant that you were wrong. Be more careful the next time.

I 100% admit that I misinterpreted the facts.
However, that does not change the facts.
Unless you are saying that everyone that makes a mistake interpreting facts means the facts are wrong.
If thats your view, that would mean that a child thinking that 2+2=5 means that the fact that 2+2=4 is wrong.

mysteryman wrote:

She voted NO, and I posted a link to the site that proved that.

So again, exactly what part of the info from her votes is wrong?
What part wasnt a fact?

That depends. What point were you trying to make?

No point, just showing how she voted.
The facts are correct, you are free to infer anything you want from them.

mysteryman wrote:

Wrong again. You were responding to one of BBB's posts. My first post on this thread was my response to your post listing the "facts" of Clinton's voting record.

Wrong, I was responding to your words, which were...

[quote]A wise policy, but I was concerned that some unsuspecting reader might have thought that, with all of those links, mysteryman had accidentally stumbled upon some facts.[/quote]

Now, if you choose to claim that you didnt say them or that you werent responding to what I posted, even though your response was camouflaged as a snide response to BBB, thats your choice.
But you cannot dent your words.
I posted FACTS, so do you still want to claim I "accidently stumbled" onto them?
If you want to continue to say that, I will be very happy to hit you with all the facts you want.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2007 02:47 pm
mysteryman wrote:
I posted FACTS....

You posted statements (incorrect if not purposefully false statements) and links.

You might find this to be helpful.

Quote:
2. fact - a statement or assertion of verified information about something that is the case or has happened; "he supported his argument with an impressive array of facts"
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2007 02:49 pm
DrewDad wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
I posted FACTS....

You posted statements (incorrect if not purposefully false statements) and links.

You might find this to be helpful.

Quote:
2. fact - a statement or assertion of verified information about something that is the case or has happened; "he supported his argument with an impressive array of facts"

So the links I provided to her voting record were wrong?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2007 03:10 pm
mysteryman wrote:

Yes, in that the links did not provide the information you claimed they did.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2007 03:13 pm
I might add that a link is not a fact. In the context of your post, it was a reference to an authority. Checking the reference showed most of your statements to be false.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2007 03:15 pm
DrewDad wrote:
mysteryman wrote:

Yes, in that the links did not provide the information you claimed they did.

That is not the fault of the links or the information they contained.
The facts the links presented cannot be disputed by anyone.

What is being disputed, and I admit its a valid complaint, is my interpretation of those facts.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2007 03:23 pm
I will be the first to admit that between you and votesmart.org, I will consider votesmart.org to be the more authoritative.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2007 11:09 pm
mysteryman wrote:
I 100% admit that I misinterpreted the facts.
However, that does not change the facts.
Unless you are saying that everyone that makes a mistake interpreting facts means the facts are wrong.
If thats your view, that would mean that a child thinking that 2+2=5 means that the fact that 2+2=4 is wrong.

2+2=5 isn't an interpretation of 2+2=4, it's a statement of fact, and it's wrong.

mysteryman wrote:
No point, just showing how she voted.
The facts are correct, you are free to infer anything you want from them.

That, of course, is pure bullshit. You were attempting to make a point that Sen. Clinton is a hypocrite, because she allegedly spoke out in favor of issues that she then voted against in the senate. Now that it is clear those "facts" that you posted did not support your point, you suddenly discover that you didn't have a point after all.

mysteryman wrote:
Wrong, I was responding to your words, which were...

[quote]A wise policy, but I was concerned that some unsuspecting reader might have thought that, with all of those links, mysteryman had accidentally stumbled upon some facts.

Now, if you choose to claim that you didnt say them or that you werent responding to what I posted, even though your response was camouflaged as a snide response to BBB, thats your choice.
But you cannot dent your words.
I posted FACTS, so do you still want to claim I "accidently stumbled" onto them?
If you want to continue to say that, I will be very happy to hit you with all the facts you want.[/color][/quote]
Let's review:

In post 2996270, you responded to BBB by posting the "facts" about Sen. Clinton's voting record.

In post 2996302, I responded to your post by going over every one of the "facts" and showing that, by and large, they weren't what you represented them to be.

In post 2996402, I responded to BBB with the quotation that you have pasted above.

After that, you challenged me to "show all of us exactly what was in my post that was not a FACT!!!" I did that in post 2998362.

Now, in post 2998384 you said that, "to prove that joe is a complete idiot, I posted the FACTS from her own voting record" in response to my post 2996402. But clearly that couldn't be true, because that "fact" post (2996270) preceded my post by an hour. You were actually trying to prove that BBB was an idiot, not me. You didn't succeed in that, either, but you should at least get the chronology correct.
0 Replies