A Second Digression: A State of Confusion.

dlowan

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 12:41 am
OK - it's different - but what is it?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 06:40 am
Hm. I think it's a male of the species homo sapiens sapiens, Deb. Other than that (and the fact that he seems to have plant genitalia in his hand), I have no clue.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 08:55 am
Could it be one of her internet dates?? He's awfully cute and there is nothing like a male homo sapiens sapiens bearing flowers. Red Carnations!!! New Love!
0 Replies

Debacle

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 08:59 am
your beau, k?
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 09:17 am
Piffka, I don't remember the name of the champagne, but I do remember the zingggg of the bubbles and the glorious taste. My philosophy is that, since I seldom drink, I might as well have the best when I do indulge.

Yes, I saw your plea for a trip to oz. Let's go!! Yanks invade oz! Gawd, no. That sounds truly frightening these days. Don't want to give GW any more imperialistic ideas. Let's just say that nice, leftist Yanks will visit oz. Adelaide, Sydney, Melbourne, the outback, gathering up ozzies as we go , partying, digressing, making mango chutney, eating mangoes with the juice dripping down our chins, discovering where moondoggy goes, whether or not oz is upside down, oz style codpieces, I wonder if they use tooled crocodile skin, who's willing to catch the crocodile, dingoes, wallabies, koalas, kangaroos, and New Zealand, but I digress.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 09:31 am
The Nice Leftist Yanks Touring Oz Party
I LIKE that philosophy... I think I may wildly adopt it, at least to the extent I can afford to purchase incredible champagne.

And really??? OZ???? I knew you'd be game...

I admit I don't have the wherewithal just now. Though my dear friend says that it is not nearly so expensive once we're there. It is the airline flights (so long) and the time away that matter, too. She is going for three months. (Yes, you saw right, THREE Months.) Boy it would be fun to combine with seeing her there, or conversely if I were able to combine it with when my d. goes, probably next year... just to settle her in, you know. You'd love her, she's a fabulous traveler.

How much time could you take? Two weeks would be the minimum, I think.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 09:47 am
At least two weeks. It would probably take a couple of days to recover from jet lag. This body of mine doesn't recover as quickly as it once did!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 10:09 am
<it's Anthony of Wiggles fame......My beau? I wish!>
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 10:11 am
Oz id a fantastic place to visit! And, everything is half-off once you get there!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 10:43 am
I was lonesome for home after three weeks in Europe, but I think two weeks plus travel time would be good. Important to get as many weekends in as possible (doncha think?).

Oh? Bummer... I was hoping it was somebody you were dating. He's GORGEOUS!

Half-off? I love those words!! It would be warm, too, so we wouldn't need many clothes and our food could be limited to coffee and champagne and BBQ stuff and of course, MANGOES!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 10:53 am
mangoes and avocadoes
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 10:55 am
Right! We need our green vegetables!!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 10:56 am
<nodding>
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 11:03 am
Yup. Wanna come with us??
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 11:11 am
can't afford it, but thanks!
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 11:33 am
A trip to oz? It should be cheap now that it's in the mid atlantic!
(or did it sober up and do an aussie crawl back to its usual locale?)

MerryAndrew
Your tale about the kilbasa reminded me of a real-life story.

About thirty years ago when my sister was newly into her second marriage, I had a conversation with her husband at a family gathering. He told me he was startled to discover that his new wife was prone to sleep-walking. My sister had done so numerous times as a child so I wasn't too surprised (initially).
Then he told me, with an innocent laugh, of the 'comical' thing she did sometimes while sleep walking; ie. he said he had on several occasions while dressing for work in the morning, found a kilbasa in his bureau drawer tucked inside his underwear!

Interestingly I have heard no such stories from her third husband.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 11:37 am
Omigawd!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 12:09 pm
<what little K said>

Are you SURE he wasn't joking???
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 12:15 pm
To get the really luscious and cheap mangoes you need to be here now. Although there are mangoes into February.

Remember, Oz is the same size (roughly) as mainland USA, but without the people. Start planning.
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 12:18 pm
He wasn't joking and he must have been very good at denial because he didn't make any connection to himself.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 08:39:19