A Second Digression: A State of Confusion.

dlowan

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2002 02:47 am
Ok, here we are - a second digression thread cos some folk didn't want to have to read through a lot of posts to find out what we weree on about - not that we are generally on about very much.

For those of you who do not know, digression threads are a place to come where you are encouraged to be silly, divergent, digressive, tangential, witty, funny, chaotic and childlike. we ask only that you make no sense or nonsense and leave linearity and rationality behind.

Why a state of confusion? Well, firstly I feel a little sensible - and I would love to be confused - who can confuse me?

Secondly, many of us are new here - and still a little confused - so come here cos this is a place where confusion is a state of grace.

Thirdly, this is a new place where the dust has not settled - where reality is still forming - where a divine confusion reigns - so let's celebrate it!

Dammit - did I just make sense? Well, you aren't allowed to!

Welcome to all - but leave your sanity at the door....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 26,189 • Replies: 666
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2002 02:59 am
Hey! Just for this little space of time I am alone here! I can tiptoe around the sleeping site - tucking someone in here, rearranging a snorer there. You all look so sweet and innocent asleep - dreaming who knows what mischief when you awake - some of you are talking in your sleep ....... but I won't listen, because that isn't fair.

Sweet dreams lil knowers - I hope you wake to cause confusion and startlement soon....
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2002 03:55 am
A Second? You mean there was a first?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2002 05:43 am
I always thought that the dogression thread was deadly serious. Now she tells me! Surprised Laughing Very Happy Smile
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2002 07:03 am
Indeed, Roger, there was: http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=709&start=0

Ah, Phoenix - good attempt to confuse me! However, I know that "Dog"ression is merely a digression from DIgression....so you have failed - and your irony in avowing that you had always thought these were serious threads has not escaped me!

I am dogged like that.........

LOL
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2002 07:35 am
Yaawwwn.Oops, 'scuzeme,
G'morning.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2002 07:38 am
Mornin' M.A.- It is raining cats and dogs all today. Today is a GOOD day to clean the house. Haven't done much of that since this site hatched!
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2002 07:50 am
Pheonix, we were supposed to get a combo of snow, rain and sleet before day break and continuing. But so far it's just cloudy and overcast. Might turn out to be another false alarm. (Says he, crossing fingers.)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2002 08:07 am
you call that a digression? hmmmmmpfffffffff

Rolling Eyes

Let's talk about love, baaaaaaybeeeeeeeeeee, Let's talk about you and meeeeeeeeeeee, baaaaaaaaaaybeeeeeeeeee ...

Let's not talk about anything in particular. Particular nothings would be particularly appreciated. We need digression. We need diversion. We need more dogs that snore softly in the morning!

Let's talk about love, baaaaaaaaaaaybeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Very Happy
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2002 08:26 am
OK. Let's.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2002 08:37 am
Well?

For Pete's sake... the fez (fezzes? fezi?) were better than this!

At least they had some color, some oriental excitement and the intellectual charm of a shriner. (Any shriners posting here, please DO NOT TAKE OFFENSE!)
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2002 09:34 am
Shall I tell you what I have to do today? I must purchase and place several suet blocks since all the nuthatches and chickadees think I've forsaken them. That's the easy part.

The big deal today is hey, HAY. We need to get another half ton. I'll be getting a bale or two of straw for the stall as well and hope the Pearl doesn't decide to eat it again like last time. It cannot be good for her.

Then I have to roust PFK and have him finish the dratted back pasture fencing AND two GATES so I can finally get the rotten Star out of the front paddock and into the back where he won't cause any more trouble, or at least, I don't have to see it. Pearl-inka will not appreciate his coming into her territory. We're bound to have loud equine arguments.

Likely the entire day will engender another series in the long discussion, why do we have a draft horse?

The answer (best heard in Bill Cosby's high-pitched whiny girlie voice), "Ah don't know. Ah don't know."
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2002 12:52 pm
Why have draft horses? Because they're cute?!
Because they used to haul draught beer, and that's as good an excuse as any!
Sheesh, some people!. Just no soul!

Welcome to sunny Sydney Sunday!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2002 01:18 pm
Hey thanks margo - here in totally tepid toronto we're expecting 10-15 cm of snow in the next 12 - 18 hours

my parents, who live 3 hours east of here, have been told to anticipate an ice storm - they've been out buying candles and batteries for the flashlights.

here's what i say to that >>> blechhhhhhhh
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2002 01:29 pm
Oh no, Beth, not another ice storm? Hope it's a false alarm or at least an easy one for them and you. Stay warm!

Margo... I adore my draft girl, but this 'splains all...

God Created the Horse

On the first day of creation, God created the Horse.

On the second day, God created Woman to serve the Horse.

On the third day, God created all the animals of the earth to spook the horse when Woman was driving her.

On the fourth day, God created honest toil so that Woman could labor to pay for the keeping of the Horse.

On the fifth day, God created the grasses of the field so that the Horse could eat and Woman could do an honest day's toil and clean up after the Horse.

On the sixth day, God created veterinary service to keep the Horse healthy and Woman broke.

On the seventh day, God rested and said, "This is good. This will teach Woman humility; it will tire her out and keep her striving ever forward to meet the needs of the Horse."

Taken from the Draft Horse Journal, Autumn, p. 219
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2002 01:33 pm
Piffka
Very funny!

I see you're becoming a colour master (or should that be mistress!?)
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2002 01:38 pm
Haha, as you might imagine, I changed all the male references to female on that piece, so yes Mistress might be best!

I like color... never met a color I didn't like! Anyway, I'm just exploring this forum. A lot of things are different from Abuzz.

I'm wondering if I post to 200, do I get to be an enthusiast? Then I can stop for the day!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2002 01:42 pm
Boy, I would be freaked if a snow storm were headed this way. I'm surprised Beth is taking it so well. Let's see, I would be gassing up the car (filling with petrol... how do you say that in Oz?), rushing to get the hay, and checking on our battery supplies, too. Probably try to make some soup or a roast and wash all the dishes. (Hate having to wash dishes after a day or two without power.)
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2002 03:57 pm
Let's digress again ye knowers*
My attention level lowers,

Let us stop the blinking bleating
Over rain and snow and sleeting,

Write in prose or write in verse,
Something silly or perverse.

It's okay to fabricate,
Just make sure you titillate.

Alright knowers that is it
(alas I've emptied out my wit)

Although 'mongst knowers I may be
Immersed in Dewers I would be.

* Dlowan called us 'lil knowers'
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2002 04:09 pm
A slight digression from the drafthorse to the racehorse,

http://www.peterpaulandmary.com/music/03-07.htm
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » A Second Digression: A State of Confusion.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 08:25:44