A Second Digression: A State of Confusion.

Piffka

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 12:20 pm
My friend says that the plane trips back and forth across country can be inexpensive if you plan ahead.... can't remember exactly how that works, but less than a hundred dollars each way (could that be $AU?)

So November is the right time for Mangoes?? Maybe we'd better wait until next year, Diane! But we could start planning!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 12:27 pm
If you plan in advance, and book your airfares on the net, the damage is not too bad, Full price airfares are hideous. To some places, like Uluru, there are seldom cheap fares, unfortunately.
www.qantas.com.au
www.virginblue.com.au
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 01:14 pm
If only the natives could over-take the tourist delivery to the place....
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 02:01 pm
Well, I liked the Virgin Blue website better (love maps). But the one-way flight between Sydney and Perth was about $500. That doesn't seem like a good deal!

Yikes.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 11:21 pm
What? Who is coming to Oz? Now - don't forget we natives will need some real lead-in time - especially if you'r ecoming for a teeny time like two weeks!

'twil be interesting to see if our dollar remains so low compared to yours - since our economy is doing better at present. However, when your economy goes down, 'tis a matter of time before we follow....

Soooooo - where are you guys thinking of landing? November is good - 'tis Spring.

However - what is all this SENSE being talked here! Oh, the horror!!

Howsaboot I begin a travel to Oz thread on the Australia forum, and cross post it here?

Now - some NONSENSE people! Puhleeeeeeze.....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 11:26 pm
OK - here is the url to the new travel to Oz topic.....

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=19168#19168
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 11:29 pm
Good idea. We'll give you at least two days lead time, don't worry.

As for nonsense, how 'bout two days of lead time???
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2002 10:56 am
hello...

(hello hello)

anybody here
(here here here here)

i'm naked as the day i was born
here in bananaland...

do do do.

hello?
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2002 11:09 am
We're all naked under our clothing!

Where've you been?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2002 11:25 am
er, out of the office. i don't work weekends (or many weeks, but don't tell anyone here that).
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2002 11:32 am
I thought you were going to school... I must be confused.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2002 11:59 am
both. 35 hours of work a week, 2 classes this quarter, 3 next quarter. busy days, these days. fortunately the work has long undemanding stretches, of which this is one. (october, however, was awful.)
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2002 12:03 pm
I see. I hate it when I get confused. Thirty-five hours? That's a lot like full-time!

Are you at the UW, my alma mater? Could you believe those Huskies??? Haha. Haha. I don't really care, but my goodness it is GOOD to BEAT the COUGARS!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2002 12:10 pm
I work at the UW, which, sadly, makes me revile it and its damn Huskies, and all those old alums in purple sweatshirts crowding the parking lot on Saturdays to go show their devotion to a bunch of miscreant nonscholars in a stadium which (HORROR of HORRORS) does no sell beer. (And at the very least, they could replace that damn statue outside the gates or rename their mascort. That dog is a malamute, not a husky, for the luvva christ.

The lurning I do at various comm. colls 'round here, 'cuz they're cheaper and the UW wasn't taking second bachelor's candidates this year -- probably because they waste so much money on staffers who sit around goofing off all day. The stinging irony of leaving the chemistry department to go across the lake and take an organic chemistry course four days a week is acutely felt, however.

That is to say, "Go Huskies!" (More to the point, the Sonics just keep doing it and doing it.)
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2002 12:14 pm
I worked at the UW for years... Suzzallo Library, Business Library, Odegaard. You can't take a class a quarter for free anymore?

And then to BCC? I hope not during commuter hours! It is lovely though, I think to go across the floating bridge.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2002 12:16 pm
And you are, of course, correct. It is a Malamute, those idjits.

I have only gone to one football game there, a zillion and a half years ago... with a stupid frat rat. What a bummer. Never again. However, the charm of beating back the egos of certain Cougars that I know made Saturday's victory sweet. Must keep the dry-siders in line, I say.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2002 12:30 pm
Aye, aye, blast the bloody land-lubbers! (Or something.)

You can do the free-class-per-quarter, but you have to audit the course for the first couple of weeks and can only then enrol if there is still space, which is a drag for lab courses, since there isn't always, and if you don't get in those two weeks are wasted. Also, my last supervisor wouldn't let me rearrange my schedule to take classes here, so the whole shebang started out as night school. (The bridge, luckily, is tackled at midday, when it's not bad -- I-90, at any rate -- Montlake is a mess all day long.) (And it's NSCC at night, but I just drop the mate off in Ballard and shoot up 8th Ave, piece of cake even at rush hour.)

But I fail to digress.
0 Replies

Debacle

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2002 01:22 pm
I'm in general accord with your gridiron sentiments but hasten to add ....

Cheer, cheer for old Notre Dame,
Wake up the echoes cheering her name,
Send a volley cheer on high,
Shake down the thunder from the sky.
What though the odds be great or small
Old Notre Dame will win over all,
While her loyal sons are marching
Onward to victory.

Not that I'm alumnius, mind you ... just that on occasion it's one of the rocknes places to be on a Saturday afternoon.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2002 01:26 pm
strange. an englander who's settled in the american midwest to cheer on the fighting irish. or have i missed something?
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2002 01:32 pm

What are you talking about???

I guess none of you saw the brilliant Glenn McGrath catch? You probably didn't even watch the cricket - and it was in Deb's home town~! Confused

0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 06:18:37