Problems with a Security System on a Jag

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 12:31 pm
We have acquired a 1994 XJ6 Saloon type Jaguar. Hubby got the car as part of a deal selling our 1966S. I'm still crying over losing that car. Laughing However, we can't start the 1994 because we can't get the security system to turn off. It is a beautiful car and in excellent condition and I want to drive it! Very Happy Trying to save a buck or two here but will take it to a dealer if necessary.

Does anyone have any idea how to bypass the security system?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,289 • Replies: 9
No top replies

TTH

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 01:09 pm
If you have a manual for the system, it will tell you how.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 01:15 pm
I have read the manual searching for this fix but, it doesn't tell me how to bypass or override the system. At least not that I have found. It does say how to turn the system off with the code, which we have tried, but it's not doing the trick.

I appreciate your reply!
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 02:40 pm
Did you try calling the dealership or the manufacturer of the alarm system?

I bypassed the alarm system on one of my cars but, I had to read the manual and it ended up working.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 02:47 pm
Try taking the door key and lock / unlock in succession 4 or 5 times....in the drivers door...
(I am assuming this is a factory system)
RH
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 03:04 pm
Hmmm I never thought of calling them TTH. Thanx!

I will have hubby try that when he gets home Rockhead, thanx. And yes, it's a factory system. I'm going through the manual again to see if maybe I missed something.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 06:21 pm
Watched topic bookmark.

Stab in the dark. Try disconnecting the car battery for several hours.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 06:48 pm
Dad, not a bad plan, but 5 minutes should do the trick.

This will reset to base a lot of the previous ....who knows....

Then manipulate the key in the drivers door.

RH
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 09:23 pm
Rockhead wrote:
Dad, not a bad plan, but 5 minutes should do the trick.

This will reset to base a lot of the previous ....who knows....

Then manipulate the key in the drivers door.

RH

Need to run all the power out of the capacitors and such like. No idea how long this would take. Attempts to operate the security system whilst the battery is disconnected would run out any power.

Kinda like a factory reset.

Yeah, operate the key in the door several times (as Rockhead said) whilst the battery is disconnected. It'd be worth a shot for sure.

Arella Mae You should note that I have absolutely no knowledge of Jags or Auto security systems.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 09:30 pm
I do, a bit.

Manipulate the key AFTER hooking the battery back up. It tells the system that you have the key... It should work...

RH
0 Replies