Why baby cry when drink formula milk after one month

LLWHY

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 03:45 pm
Need assistance, son cry, scream after one month of drinking formula milk. We try Naan, follow by S26 but do not work. This incident happens after one month prior to that no problem. We guess due to after immunisation, vacine call ratoville, live virus for the baby gut. Consult doc, give suggestion to try maylanta, cause worst to the baby. Suspect tolerance to cow protein ? why after one month. We told the doc due to vacine, do not challenge the topic, instead on formula milk
Could you provide us some comments. Every formula intake, scream for 10 mins and force to drink the milk. If do not drink milk, he will scream too due to hunger
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 6,900 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 03:50 pm
I would take the baby to another doctor and get a second opinion. Do this immediately. The baby might have a throat or mouth infection that makes swallowing painful. I don't think the problem is caused by a vaccine, if I understand you, the baby starts to cry at the moment you try to feed him. It would take longer for a stomach problem or allergy to make the baby uncomfortable.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 03:56 pm
Alot of people are allergic to cow milk / cow protien forms

if it happens a few minutes after the baby drinks the milk, it could be hurting his belly.

My daughter for example , has a serious allergy to cow milk.
She will begin having diarrhea and a very high fever less then 30 minutes after drinking cows milk and her throat can start to swell if she has too much.

It is common.

Ask another doctor.

I agree with the advice given.

Go to a diffrent doctor and ask your questions. It is possible another doctor has seen the reaction your son is having and will know what to do.
0 Replies

lab rat

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 07:05 am
Sorry if this is too simplistic, but . . .
How are you checking formula temperature when you feed the baby?
Have you tried switching brands/types of bottle nipples to see if there's a shape he likes better?

The one month lag time seems to be consistent with an allergy; maybe it could be an allergy to the bottle (latex, possibly?) not just dairy.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 08:01 am
Good point.

Latex allergies are common as well.

What about the nipple itself?
maybe the flow of the nipple is too slow, or too fast.. That can cause a baby to choke, and have a lot of gas later on if they swallow alot of air while trying to suck harder, and while they are crying.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 11:27 pm
Is the inside of the baby's mouth all white?

There could be a number of reasons behind this, thrush is one....which people refer to as being colicky, and baby's tend to scream and cry when they have this for no apparent reason.

Acid reflux...Gas....Have you tried Mylicon? Its an over the counter medication, and will ease up that....its nothing more than sugar water.

You need to take your baby back to the doctor.....or find another one.
0 Replies