What to Wear Out West in The Fall

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 05:35 am
Greetings y'all from Denton, Texas. Haven't seen much yet. Just movin' along the Interstates. Traffic around Dallas is HORRENDOUS!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 10:28 am
Heya, P (though I get the feeling you've moved on by the time you read this)!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 10:40 am
i wonder if Phoenix has a wardrobe trunk strapped to the roof?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 11:16 am
Hi Phoenix! Hope you're having a blast!
0 Replies

LibertyD

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 02:20 am
Hi from Dallas, Phoenix -- spending the weekend here in "traffic hell"!

So, what are you wearing?? Smile You have to fill us in on that, at least!

Beth, you're looking pretty stylish!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2003 06:26 am
Hi guys!

Back from the "wild west". Everyone was very helpful, but of course I did what I usually do. I took 2 suitcases. One was for summery things, the other for warmer stuff. Kept the heavy things in the trunk, the light stuff in the back seat. As it turned out, I needed long pants only one day at the Grand Canyon. I brought enough "stuff" to last 6 months. Rolling Eyes

I had no concept of the dryness in the area, and I, who have been washing my skin with alcohol for most of my life, needed lots and lots of moisturizer.

The three places where we spent the most time were the Grand Canyon, Zion and Bryce National Park. Zion was my favorite. The rock formations are astounding. You really get a sense of the vastness of the country when you visit these places.

Oh, by the way, going by car is a real drag. I don't think that I really had a clear concept of distance until we actually made the trip. If you do travel from the East to the West, Route 40 is much more interesting than 10. 900 miles of Texas is a bit much! Laughing
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2003 06:49 am
Texas=miles and miles of nothing but miles and miles.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 12:22 am
Hey there Phoenix, I'd been thinking about you this week. Saw you come back and had planned to post something but ended up going offline.

Good to see ya around again.
0 Replies

LibertyD

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 01:50 am
Glad that you enjoyed your trip, Phoenix! I know what you mean about the driving...there are great places in Texas, but a lot of flat nothing in between all of them.
0 Replies