At the ind uv the day we woch sx.

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2007 07:25 pm
Mo had to write a little story about what we did on Thanksgiving and one page said "At the ind of the day we woch sx".

My absolute mortification is eased by the fact that the next page said "After the scere mooves we wint to bed" and the illustration showed each person sleeping in their own bed.

Nevertheless, there is a little translation where someone had quizzed him about woching sx and "Scary movies" is written in by an adult hand.

I'm still scratching my head over the fact that he drew rabbit ears on the TV. Where has he ever seen those?

Once when I was in about the second grade I wrote a little paper about the worst fight my parents ever had. My mom told me many years later that my teacher thought it was hilarious but that she, my mom, was mortified. (If it was truly the worst fight my parents ever had I had a lucky lucky life.)

What funny thing has a little kid done that mortified you?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,078 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2007 07:36 pm
Not me, but my sis. (she owns a bar)

My niece and her were at the public library, downtown, and a lady walked by with a tray of canned soda. My niece was 3.

Niece says to Sis loudly..... as nice lady walks past...... Mommy I want a beer.... Embarrassed

Anything in a can at that point was a beer....

RH
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2007 07:41 pm
BPB Jr. and I were in the grocery store back when he was little. This was when The Thundercats were the big cartoon craze. Liono had his sword of thundera and every time he was in trouble and about to get his ass kicked by a bad guy he would yell "Sword of Thundera, come to my hand". Well. Stephen was riding in the cart with his sword of Thundera and dropped it and screamed at the top of his lungs "Sword of Thundera come on my hand"
I don't mortify but it was definitely a tee hee moment.

Seth, at the age of 5, came out of the bathroom at Disney World, surrounded by hundreds of people, pulled his hands out of the back of his pants, smelled his fingers and declared in a booming voice "Hmmmm... this stinky smells good!" Again, I was not bothered in fact I found it hilarious but it's safe to use the word mortified to describe squinney I think. Laughing
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2007 07:44 pm
Ha! Good one! What did your sister do?

That reminds me of the time Mo and I were at the DEQ getting the car inspected. He was about 3 at the time. It was a hot day so all of the windows are down. The guy inspecting the car was very fat.

Mo says: He has a BIG belly.

Me: Yes. Isn't it great that people all look different. That way we can tell them apart.

Mo: He has BIG hands.

Me: Yes.

Mo: He has a BIG penis.

Me: uhhhhhhhhhhhh.... uhhhhhhhh...... uhhhhhhhh......

Guy: Looks down, checks his fly, bursts out laughing.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2007 07:45 pm
Well, BPB, there's good stinky and there's bad stinky. It's good to know the difference!

My brother once set the table with my mother's Sanitary Napkins. He figured they were cleaner than the regular paper napkins we used...
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2007 07:45 pm
BPB - those are hilarious! I'm still laughing.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2007 07:46 pm
Say it ain't so, Wy! Too, too funny.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2007 07:48 pm
My uncle and aunt lived on the south side of Chicago while he attended the University of Chicago--it was an economic thing, they lived where they could afford to live. In the late 1960s, he took his daughter to the local public school to register her to attend school for the first time. Standing in line in the playground, during a brief period of dead silence, she looked up and down the line, and asked her father in a loud voice: "Daddy, why are we the only white people here?" I believe he said that he wished at that moment that he could sink into the ground.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2007 07:51 pm
Shocked I first drove thru Chicago Heights at 3 AM on a Saturday in the winter, to start a new sentence of female domination. Confused

They were burning cop cars to keep warm.... Shocked

Jon
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2007 07:52 pm
My cousin was in a bank line, two year old in hand, when, for some reason I don't remember since I wasn't there, he said f/you nice and loudly. Cousin near died on spot.

Now, I know my cousins, they didn't toss that around nastily, but I gather the words came up in recounting tales of the day.

Heh.

C. has grown up as a superb tale teller himself, and did have the growth of wit quite young...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2007 08:05 pm
Er, my post seems tame, but, oh well.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2007 08:06 pm
Heeheehee...... bookmark
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2007 08:07 pm
You getting David to help write your titles now?
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2007 08:16 pm
Not phonetic enough for Dave, God bless him.... Cool (and no screwy font) Rolling Eyes

RH
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2007 08:20 pm
Hey! I lived on the South side and I loved it there!

But yeah.... mortified in that situation.

Osso, I would have been mortified at that. Totally. My dad used to say that I could make a sailor blush because I was good at swearing. I have had to work hard to eliminate those things from my vocabulary simply because I don't want to hear Mo repeat them.

David? David! Oh please no. Mo's in the first grade and he's a bad speller. I blame phonics education.

I am not a big fan of phonics.

But some of the results are way funny especially if your kid runs out of paper.
0 Replies