Advice and what you think please.

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 01:59 pm
Hello,

I am new to this site. I am a 20 year old female. I missed carried my first child in march when i was 2 months pregnant. I am in a healthy relationship with one i love. My doctor put me on a Birth control to help my hormones and to help my body accept my eggs. Well I have been on it since May. I have always gotten my period when i am suppose to. This month I haven't. I haven't received it yet and i have two days left before i start a new pack. Normally I would have started two days ago. Do you think I could be pregnant? I have always wanted a child. When i miscarried the doctor told me i would most likely never have kids. I really don't want to get my hopes up, So some advice on what you all think would be perfect and much appreciated.

-JKFoster. Confused
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 572 • Replies: 5
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 04:40 pm
I'm sorry but your post is really confusing.

The doctor said you would likely never have children.... why?

Also, you said you quit taking the pills in May but that you have a few days left before starting the next pack.

I really don't have any idea if you are pregnant but you can buy a pregnancy test at any grocery store.

Good luck!
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 04:44 pm
Oh yeah....

I don't get this:

Quote:
My doctor put me on a Birth control to help my hormones and to help my body accept my eggs

I get the hormone part but not the "accept my eggs" part. Did s/he explain what s/he meant by that?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 05:06 pm
And...if you "most likely will never have kids," why bother with birth control in the first place?

Sorry, but this isn't making a lot of sense to me. Can you help us understand? (Welcome to A2K, by the way!)
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 05:27 pm
I understand the post.

And my suggestion would be to call your doctor before starting your other pack if indeed you think you may be pregnant.
He can do a blood test that would be more accurate then a urine test to find out if you are pregnant.

This early in your pregnancy, you may not be able to tell by any tests.. so do call the doctor. And right away! Smile
0 Replies

Jkfoster

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 07:56 pm
Okay For those of you who are confused....

I was pregant before and miscarried. I went to the doctor then and they told me that my body doesn't hold my eggs. Fertilized or not. I used to have several periods a month. When I miscarried my doctor told me it was because my body wouldn't except my eggs and let me carry a child for longer than two months. So she said it would be very in likely to ever be able to have children. She said that i could try a birth control called Yaz that helps your body except eggs and stay regular. So i have been. I have been taking the medicine (oral) for the last 5 months. I am almost finished with this packet. I have 2 days left. I was suppose to start almost a week ago and i haven't. So I am concered that Maybe by the grace of God I was able to get pregnant.

The only other option for me to ever be able to have kids besides giving the birth control a try is to do surgery. I am scared to death of surgery and i am not ready to give it a try.

Bottom line I think I may be pregnant but im not sure, and don't know what to do and don't want to get my hopes up if i am not.

Shewolfnm I will call my doctor and thank you for understanding and thanks for the advice! I greatly appreciate it! Hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving!

-JKFoster
0 Replies