What is on the minds of Conservatives.

McGentrix

Reply Sat 24 Nov, 2007 01:36 pm
dyslexia wrote:
dlowan wrote:
Good grief!!!!

That's bloody bizarre.

It's real wingnut conservatives that use that site, though, isn't it?
NO, of course not, just average patriotic americans like okie, shiksa mcgentrix and Onsickdavid. It's only rabid left-wing liberals who ignore truth, justice and the american way (people like me)

Much like a fat man with gas, you continually stink up every thread you attend to.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 24 Nov, 2007 06:09 pm
blatham wrote:
Why, thankyou kindly.

I went on one of my occasional youtube binges last night. A friend had sent me a portion of the transcript of the old Dick Cavett show where Norman Mailer and Gore Vidal and another guest, a female writer for the New Yorker, had all been guests and on the stage at the same time. It's a famous bit of tv. I'd seen it when it was broadcast but had quite forgotten how wonderful it was. So I looked for it on youtube but got sidetracked on a series of interviews involving Frank Zappa. I shamefully confess I hadn't known how exceptionally brilliant that man was. Descriptions of himself as "not well" would have landed happily with him too.

Did you find what you were looking for? If so, can you give the url please??????
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 24 Nov, 2007 11:22 pm
deb

Haven't found it yet...not on youtube so far as I can determine. I'll keep looking.

But...if you type "Cavett" into the search box, you'll find riches.

It is an incredible resource and getting richer every day. Tonight I found a discussion between Bill Buckley and Noam Chomsky. Amazing. I used to watch Buckley's show all the time because of the level of discourse (and for the beautiful examples of english usage). Watch this and one can't help but bemoan the incredible degradation of political discourse in the US.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=VYlMEVTa-PI&feature=related
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2007 08:26 am
McGentrix wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
dlowan wrote:
Good grief!!!!

That's bloody bizarre.

It's real wingnut conservatives that use that site, though, isn't it?
NO, of course not, just average patriotic americans like okie, shiksa mcgentrix and Onsickdavid. It's only rabid left-wing liberals who ignore truth, justice and the american way (people like me)

Much like a fat man with gas, you continually stink up every thread you attend to.
Yes, of course you're right, I did forget to include gunga in my list of just average patriotic americans. Sorry about that.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2007 09:52 am
ps...forgot to mention

Wonderful bit of audio to be found on youtube from Nixon's tapes...in this case, Nixon and Halderman discussing what a scumbag Dick Cavett was and wondering what they could do to him.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 02:49 pm
blatham wrote:
ps...forgot to mention

Wonderful bit of audio to be found on youtube from Nixon's tapes...in this case, Nixon and Halderman discussing what a scumbag Dick Cavett was and wondering what they could do to him.

I don't know if he was a scum-bag, but he could be a pretentious little ****. A very quick-witted one and he had excellent guests on his show. The best was The Amazing Slydini.

What did he ever see in Carrie Nye?

Carrie and Dick

Carrie and Her Dick
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 03:12 pm
Possibly those superficial things...intelligence, talent, humor?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 10:27 pm
blatham wrote:
Possibly those superficial things...intelligence, talent, humor?

Uh oh, perhaps I should have viewed a picture of Mrs Blatham before I posted my comment.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 12:13 am
Merely beautiful.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 12:18 am
blatham wrote:
Merely beautiful.

Not intelligent, talented or humerous?

I doubt it.
0 Replies