I quit!

cyphercat

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 03:30 pm
Oh, I was just going to drop you a pm, MG... so, are you mostly excited with some nervous, or more nervous with some excited? Smile
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 03:39 pm
Material Girl--

We care. That makes your life fascinating.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 03:44 pm
When looking for a Job MG lie your ass off. It has always worked very good for me.

Except that time I told those people I could cook. I thought to myself "Hell I cook every day". Except I didn't realize I never cook ten differant things for ten differant people at the same time.

I almost burned that friggen place down. I quit that job running.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 02:56 am
cyphercat wrote:
Oh, I was just going to drop you a pm, MG... so, are you mostly excited with some nervous, or more nervous with some excited? Smile

If I allow myself to think about what Ive done and the situation Im in and what I have to face I feel very very very sick.
BUt Im excited because this could be the best thing Ive ever done.
I want a career not a dull job.

I feel that employers also lie about the job, saying 'you will be part of a fast paced office environment'...you get there and its as dull as hell.Suppose they have to make it sound appealing where in actual fact its just an office job.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 05:06 am
Material girl, you've been disenchanted with your job for ages. What caused you to finally quit?

Good luck with your job hunt!
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 06:26 am
msolga wrote:
Material girl, you've been disenchanted with your job for ages. What caused you to finally quit?

Good luck with your job hunt!

Thanks Msolga.
Ive always hated my job, Ive had less and less to do, the final straw was when I was treated very cruelly, unprofessionally and unfairly, getting a verbal warning for something I feel wasnt my fault.
I had conflicting instructions for the same situations from different bosses, it all just made it impossible for me to do my job, not that I even know what that is anymore.
I havnt learnt anything new in the last 5 years except that I can have a better job than this and how not to run a business.

Its all in the 'working for b*tth*les' thread.

I still dont think that my boss(that gave me the verbal warning)knows that Im leaving.He has said nothing.I hope he doesnt know and I hope I get to be here when he realises.
Ive started to clear things away from my desk.Sadly not enough to notice.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2007 04:56 am
HI guys

The other day I briefly chatted to the wife of the crappy boss that gave me a verbal warning, she said ' i dont think theyve found a replacement for you yet'.
My inner thoughts were 'I bet they havnt even advertised, theres no way they can make that job sound appealing plus how can they tell someone how to do my job when they didnt even know what I was doing anyway'.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2007 06:05 am
MG--

By the first week of January, they'll be missing you.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2007 11:14 pm
Hey, mg! Surprised

Good to hear from you! Very Happy

How's the job-hunting experience been so far? (I realize you'd have to take a break from it over the slow Christmas/NY period.)

Do you suppose the boss's wife gave you that message in the hope that you'd reconsider your resignation & offer to return?

What do you think of that idea, after a bit of time away from the place? Still a definite no no?
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 05:44 am
A DEFINATE NONO.
It wasnt just the big things that peed me off it was the niggly things that no one dealt with.Silly example but about 2 weeks pre me quitting the pc screen layout changed and the info I needed on the screen was way too big and I had to navigate 6 navigation bars at the side/bottom to see what I needed to see, took forever and really wound me up.They said theyd change the screen resolution but didnt and probably still havnt!!

JOb hunting has been non existant in a definate way.Im still so sacred of interviews I try to ignore the fact I need a job.As of next week I have no excuses to not physically inquire about jobs, get an application form, etc.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 06:11 am
So you're not interested then, mg? :wink:

And do come back here if you need moral support in The Big 2008 Job Hunt, won't you?

Good luck!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 01:16 pm
Next week is next week.

Meanwhile, relax and wallow in temporary irresponsibility.

Have you checked out donor sperm?
0 Replies