So how is every body doing today?? Cool
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 976 • Replies: 10
No top replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 01:18 pm
I'm bored too. Damn, it stinks when there's nothing to do and you have to pretend to be busy. There is only so much web surfing a person can do!
0 Replies

southsidechick90

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 01:26 pm
yeah I know!! Cleaning and scanning files gets old fast!! Specially if you been doind it for a year!! Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 01:32 pm
defrag your harddrive -- that could eat up a good 15 minutes...
0 Replies

southsidechick90

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 01:36 pm
I dont know what that means?!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 01:44 pm
How about you play online video games. That's usually a pretty good time-waster.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 01:45 pm
[URL=http://www.theeldergeek.com/disk_defragmenter_utility.htm]The Elder Geek[/URL] wrote:
As advanced as hard drives have become, one item they are not very good at is housekeeping, or maybe that should be drive keeping. When files are created, deleted, or modified it's almost a certainty they will become fragmented. Fragmented simply means the file is not stored in one place in its entirety, or what computer folks like to call a contiguous location. Different parts of the file are scattered across the hard disk in noncontiguous pieces. The more fragmented files there are on a drive, the more performance and reliability suffer as the drive heads have to search for all the pieces in different locations. The Disk Defragmenter Utility is designed to reorganize noncontiguous files into contiguous files and optimize their placement on the hard drive for increased reliability and performance.

if you are using Windows:
Start --> Programs --> Accessories --> System Tools --> Disk Defragmenter --> Analyze

it looks like you're working, but you can grab a quick nap...
0 Replies

southsidechick90

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 02:00 pm
I cant games. I'm not supposed to be on here
0 Replies

MagicBlackCat

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 03:18 pm
[quote="Region Philbis

Start --> Programs --> Accessories --> System Tools --> Disk Defragmenter --> Analyze

it looks like you're working, but you can grab a quick nap...[/quote]

BAH! Blocked by admin. Geesh, don't they trust me not to nap while I sit and analyze it's actions?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 04:02 pm
Region Philbis wrote:
[URL=http://www.theeldergeek.com/disk_defragmenter_utility.htm]The Elder Geek[/URL] wrote:
As advanced as hard drives have become, one item they are not very good at is housekeeping, or maybe that should be drive keeping. When files are created, deleted, or modified it's almost a certainty they will become fragmented. Fragmented simply means the file is not stored in one place in its entirety, or what computer folks like to call a contiguous location. Different parts of the file are scattered across the hard disk in noncontiguous pieces. The more fragmented files there are on a drive, the more performance and reliability suffer as the drive heads have to search for all the pieces in different locations. The Disk Defragmenter Utility is designed to reorganize noncontiguous files into contiguous files and optimize their placement on the hard drive for increased reliability and performance.

it looks like you're working, but you can grab a quick nap...

Or, as I like thinking of it....Moving all the cars up closer to the mall entrance.

You can delete all your temporary files, or run a virus scan.....
0 Replies

MagicBlackCat

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 04:22 pm
Temporary files deleted.

Internet history cleared.

Recycle bin emptied.

Attempt to run virus scan aborted. (Blocked again)

Geesh, all this time wasted when I could be defragging and virus scanning! think maybe I'll go for a stroll around the building to clear my head from all the bugs I found. Very Happy
0 Replies