Is there anything worse than death?

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 12:13 am
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
OmSigDAVID wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
JLNobody wrote:
F'Abuzz, very interesting. But it seems to me that concepts such as chaos, order, randomness, life, death, eternity, infinity/finity, absolulte/relative, Truth/error, Existence, etc. etc. have only a profoundly human significance. They are our necessarily provincial attempts to understand the Grand Scheme of things--also a purely humanly limited notion. When it comes to ultimate concerns I prefer the Ignorance* of the so-called mystical perspective.

* of course there are two types of ignoance: having false answers to false questions, and being free of questions.

I'm afraid I cannot accept a plan of creation that requires sentient beings to strictly abandon their sentience. I can accept a paradox that incorporates in, equal measure, both the self and the all, but I believe it is something of a dodge to insist that enlightenment requires abandonment of the self-awareness that drives us to seek enlightenment.

The moment of enlightenment may very well be the moment that the self is absorbed by the whole, but, if it is, it is a moment achieved, not slipped into. There must be a transition point where the self recognizes the value of surrender.

Y not attend the next convention,
and discuss it with folks who 've gone thru it ?
www.IANDS.org

Because a near death experience is not synonomous with enlightenment.

It may drive one to enlightenment, but it is, in and of itself, nothing more than a physical experience.

Possibly, u can be referring to conscious life
departing elsewhere from a material body,
as being " nothing more than a physical experience "
0 Replies

lex884

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 01:12 am
I too once read that website that you gave DAVID and go even further to other sites. I've been thiking a lot about the NDE thing,

1. It is definitely not psychological in nature as the flat brain wave signifies no activitiy at the brain. So it can't be hallucinations, vivid imaginations or dreams. In fact, we can easily take our EEG and tap it to someone's head while he's dreaming, hallucinating or having vivid imaginations and compare the resulting EEG waves to the dead guy (which most definetely won't be the same as the dead guy's wave is flat right? Razz )

2. The experience has some similarities accross the globe, don't that at least get u thinking "Geez... this thing could actually be right". The possibilities of global conspiracy, bunch of people who purposely confess the same experience for some ulterior motives is very unlikely.

3. Sometimes the experience involves OBE (out of body experience), and during OBE this person can observe stuff that actually impossible at the point of view of the body and once he's revived, he can actually described this stuff at great accuracy, for example the clothing of the wife outside the resucitation room, the process of resucitation in details, etc.

4. The fact that a lot of experienced doctors (i.e. cardiologist, neurologist) observe the NDE of his patient first hand and actually believed it. I mean, if it's something that can be explained medically, this guys are the expert right? We trust this guyz to open our very private skull and take a peek at our brain (neurologist).

So is that means that whatever these guys see out there is the real deal? Is this a irrefutable proof of life after death? of consciousness outside the brain? of heaven and hell?
0 Replies