365 Days until Regime Change

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 06:02 pm
One year from today, George Dubya Bush will be packing to go back to his pretend ranch with his coffers full of lobbyists' money and his heart as empty as ever.

Come celebrate each day here. Perhaps with your favorite Bush faux pas quote or post a little haiku on how you're feeling now that our years of world embarrassment are coming to an end. Keep it joyful, keep it funny.

If you're a lover of the man, please make your own thread and dedicate it to what you perceive as his brilliance - I dare say it shall be short. This thread is to celebrate the end of President Buffoon and his minions.

365 days and counting...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 857 • Replies: 18
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 06:14 pm
WOW!

That's exciting, I voted today but didn't make that connection.

Rudy scares me, but pretty much any other option is going to be way better -- and Bush himself will definitely be gone gone gone.

Cause for celebration fer sure!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 06:29 pm
It's still THAT long?

Oh well........it's less time than it was yesterday.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 06:31 pm
Yes, plenty of time for misbegotten mischief.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 06:52 pm
The cornered rat knows his time is short. This administration has contingency plans that Americans should beware of. Oooops I guess this aint being joyful but beyond Bushie is joy I believe. tommyfranks brzezinski
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 07:55 pm
Bush doesn't leave office until January.. We will know who is taking his place in 365 days but Bush still gets to kick around the Oval office until late January.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 08:06 pm
And what assurances do any of you have that the next admin will be better?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 08:19 pm
actually it's just until we get to know who the next person will be. Good ol' W will have another 14 months.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 08:35 pm
I think the next administration is apt to be fractionally better, but my hopes aren't that high.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 09:01 pm
mysteryman wrote:

If we elect a primate who does nothing but throw poop around the oval office we will be better off than with the chimp we have now. Unless of course the new chimp decides to nuke Iran and finish eroding our constitutional rights, but I see no evidence that Cheney is planning to run.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 09:04 pm
Does anyone else laugh when they read about "eroding our constitutional rights"?
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 09:25 pm
No
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 11:24 pm
Now only 364 days until we don't have to be embarrassed by quotes like this:

"I heard somebody say, 'Where's (Nelson) Mandela?' Well, Mandela's dead. Because Saddam killed all the Mandelas." --George W. Bush, on the former South African president, who is still very much alive, Washington, D.C., Sept. 20, 2007
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2007 04:20 am
Green Witch wrote:
Now only 364 days until we don't have to be embarrassed by quotes like this:

"I heard somebody say, 'Where's (Nelson) Mandela?' Well, Mandela's dead. Because Saddam killed all the Mandelas." --George W. Bush, on the former South African president, who is still very much alive, Washington, D.C., Sept. 20, 2007

And I see your Pavlovian response mechanism is working perfectly.
Lets look at the whole comment, not just one line...

Quote:
Part of the reason why there is not this instant democracy in Iraq is because people are still recovering from Saddam Hussein's brutal rule. I thought an interesting comment was made when somebody said to me, I heard somebody say, where's Mandela? Well, Mandela is dead, because Saddam Hussein killed all the Mandelas. He was a brutal tyrant that divided people up and split families, and people are recovering from this. So there's a psychological recovery that is taking place. And it's hard work for them. And I understand it's hard work for them. Having said that, I'm not going the give them a pass when it comes to the central government's reconciliation efforts

It is obvious to anyone with a brain that he was using Mandela as a metaphor.
Mandela stood up to the brutal, evil regime in South Africa.
Bush is trying, albeit poorly, to say that the people that did stand up to Saddam, the people who would have been the Mandela's of Iraq, were already dead, having been killed by Saddam.

There is already enough to criticize Bush for, you dont need to make things up.
Unless of course, you arent smart enough to recognize a metaphor.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2007 07:52 am
Green Witch wrote:
mysteryman wrote:

If we elect a primate who does nothing but throw poop around the oval office we will be better off than with the chimp we have now. Unless of course the new chimp decides to nuke Iran and finish eroding our constitutional rights, but I see no evidence that Cheney is planning to run.

So you apparently see the Clintons filling your criteria. :wink:
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 08:46 pm
woiyo wrote:
Green Witch wrote:
mysteryman wrote:

So you apparently see the Clintons filling your criteria. :wink:

Actually, no. Hillary is too polarizing.

Let's see another day down. Time for another quote that Mysteryman might like to explain:

"One of my concerns is that the health care not be as good as it can possibly be." --George W. Bush, on military benefits, Tipp City, Ohio, April 19, 2007
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 08:49 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Does anyone else laugh when they read about "eroding our constitutional rights"?

Why are you so driven to display your ignorance, McG? You don't have the slightest idea what you're talking about and you lack, seriously, the necessary gray matter to ever find out.

Quote:

Bush's 2000 recount lawyer set to blast Bush in speech.

Barry Richard, the lawyer who "achieved fame for his successful representation of George Bush in the Bush v. Gore recount suits, is set to give a speech blasting the Bush administration Saturday night" at the National Association of Former U.S. Attorneys' (NAFUSA) annual conference. There will also be a panel discussion featuring two of the ousted U.S. attorneys. The National Law Journal reports:

"I'm sure people will see my name on the program and expect I will be defending the administration," said Richard, a Tallahassee, Fla., lawyer.

"But I'm a constitutional lawyer. I am concerned with the Bush administration's assault on American liberties … how the administration deals with habeas corpus and the administration's posture on electronic surveillance. This administration has gone farther than any other."

http://thinkprogress.org/

0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 09:14 pm
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 09:16 pm
Intrepid wrote:

We have to be careful not to give Mysteryman too much to explain - his head might explode.
0 Replies