chill24

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2007 06:06 pm
I am 39 weeks pregnant and have been experiencing what I believe to be braxton hicks contractions. I have had them from a very early stage of my pregnancy however they are now becoming much more intense and painful however not painful enough to be real contractions. I have also been losing my mucus plug for the past two weeks (may I say ewww lol) I am 2cm dilated and have been for the past 3 weeks. Are these signs that the real deal labour is coming soon??? I sure hope so!!!!

This is my first pregnancy so I'm not real sure what to expect.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 616 • Replies: 7
No top replies

cyphercat

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2007 11:18 pm
I know nothing about pregnancy so I can't help, but I wanted to say welcome to a2k, and also give you a bump up the page! Very Happy Hopefully someone helpful will come along.

And congratulations on the little one-- hurry up and get yourself out here in the world, kiddo!
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 12:24 am
Re: 39 weeks
chill24 wrote:

This is my first pregnancy so I'm not real sure what to expect.

A baby! Rolling Eyes

Go well chill24.
0 Replies

chill24

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 09:35 am
Neither of these posts are helpful but both put a smile on my face so thanks for that!!! Very Happy
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 09:36 am
What does your doctor say?
0 Replies

chill24

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 11:11 am
I havent had my weekly appointment yet. That is tomorrow.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 01:50 pm
Chili--

Welcome to A2K.

That last month is a very, very long, long month.

Keep smiling.

Is your suitcase packed for the hospital?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2007 02:47 pm
Having just done this I can tell you that you will probably expect this baby for some time.

There is no indicator for labor starting except your water breaking or the start of labor contractions, which I might add, will be very noticable and different from your BH ones.

Relax and take it easy. I know how hard that sounds (I was a terrible offender) but try.
0 Replies