Back to Georgia

littlek

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 08:29 pm
Thanks for the history lesson!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 08:33 pm
History can be interesting, safecracker. I especially like it when it comes with 'connections'. Thanks.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 08:48 pm
Hmm, the Butler plantation was there, wherever it was, before the Mexican war....
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 08:50 pm
I am not all so smart about the history of the area...but my ex wrote a screenplay (no, not produced) about these people, did several drafts, thus, I heard through him a lot of the history. I probably never knew quite where this plantation was exactly though.
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 11:44 pm
there is actually 3 unmarked graves right near my home in butler that can not be identified, they were there before the town was built (my wifes family were included in the founders) the mayor has actually been trying to figure it out for ages. It's 1 of those tiny towns where everyone knows each other hell the mayor called us and congratulated us when my wife became pregnant. Pierce Butler's plantation owning was started in South Carolina, I've seen records of the plantations near Savannah and the 1's on Butler Island....believe me it's not the same family as the general lol
0 Replies