Back to Georgia

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 11:17 am
I should be going back to GA in about a week, long drive. Wish me good weather Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,482 • Replies: 24
No top replies

littlek

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 06:07 pm
Georgia - good weather in August!?!?! What part of GA?

Oh, and, safe trip!
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 06:32 pm
ya I know it's gonna rain it never stops, the good weather needs to be when im going through TN I always seem to hit a bad storm. My place is in Butler it's in betweem Columbus and Macon. If you find Thomaston you should be able to find Butler if you blink you miss it.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 06:41 pm
Been to Macon, don't recall anything about a Butler, though....
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 06:52 pm
like I said blink and you miss it lol, think I'm moving to Columbus though as I spend more time there anyway.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 06:55 pm
I don't know Columbous either. I lived in Athens for a while.
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 07:10 pm
Wow, Columbus is less then 5 min from Ft.Benning...maybe that will help.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 07:14 pm
nope. I ventured through south GA on my way to florida once. I went up to ellijay in the NW hill country. And I did little trips around Athens. But, I never really explored the whole state.
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 07:16 pm
Ahh I see, I thought everyone knew where Ft. Benning was because of it's importance...guess I was wrong lol
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 07:17 pm
Butler, huh. Do you know the Monroys?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 07:17 pm
What importance (sorry)?

So, is the cracker in safecracker due to your GA origins or are you a safe cracker?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 07:19 pm
I'm asking the questions here, littlek.
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 07:31 pm
I am studying locksmithing (among many other things) I'm actually from Canada but moved to GA permenently to be with the love of my life, plus at the time I was stationed at Ft. Benning. As far as the importance of Ft. Benning it's the home of the army infantry. Soldiers trained on the post have participated in every major military engagement entered into by the United States since World War I. It is the home of Army Sniper school also (Advanced Marksmanship) which I taught. Columbus is the site of Georgia's first city and county consolidated government. and has more then 275,700 ppl...hard to miss for me I guess lol
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 07:39 pm
Hey, I'm not saying that they aren't note worthy, I just didn't get out of Athens much.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 07:40 pm
and, wow, you taught sniping? I have a love-hate attitude with guns. I really like target practice.
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 07:41 pm
I wasn't saying you were, just answering your question littlek. I hate ppl who misuse weapons but love the self deffense aspect
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 07:44 pm
Butler, as in Fanny Kemble Butler and Pierce Butler, he from a plantation owning family?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 07:47 pm
well, ya learn something every day. the only things i really knew about Georgia before were that: there are quite a few songs with Georgia in the title; they sell Vidalia onions in the gift shops at the airport in Atlanta; there is a little mini-subway at the airport; and, there are lots of places with the word peach in the name.
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 08:02 pm
Well heres a fact about butler and it is not a good 1 .....the last 2 hangings in GA were done in Butler on the courthouse steps by my wifes family (no shes not racist AT ALL) 2nd you may have heard of Taylor county and the prom problems they have had before and that they finally integrated well Butler is in TC. 3rd Butler was named after General William Orlando Butler a hero of the Mexican War.

Taylor County was created from Macon, Marion and Talbot counties in 1852, the 98th county organized. The county was named after Zachary Taylor, who won a victory at Buena Vista in the Mexican War and later became the 12th President of the United States.
The Tuscaloosa Formation, located in the county, is a sand clay formation that represents the first prominent coastal plains deposits laid.

ok enough history.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 08:28 pm
You asked, and you shall receive good weather. Wink ci.
0 Replies