David Frum on NPR Re: Iran

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2007 12:22 pm
Heard this on the drive home, give it a listen.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=15778918
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 404 • Replies: 6
No top replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2007 01:24 pm
No comments?
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2007 03:28 pm
My comment is, I would never believe anything these people tell us. They have no credibility and no sincerity.

Did you see Colin Powell addressing the UN about Iraq's supposed weapons? It was all false, and it was all made-up lies, made up with the intention of misleading the public as well as the UN.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2007 03:48 pm
I clicked onto that link 3 times, and 3 times I was kicked off the internet. So, no, I have no comments. However, David Frum is an idiot, generally ignored by the rational-thinking up here.
0 Replies

username

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2007 04:10 pm
I hear very little hard fact and a whole lot of neocon projection of people's motives and actions--and we all know how inaccurate those projections have been in the past--from someone who has consistently been an apologist for even the stupidest actions of the Bush presidency, and who has apparently not changed his stripes. I also hear our Dick of a vice president, who was the most prominent and hardest-line voice in the Bush administration in favor of war on Iraq, now talking about military strikes on Iran. And his voice carries considerably more weight, unfortunately for the USA, than David Frum's does.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2007 05:56 pm
I don't click on links that are offered without a summary of what they are about. Even then, I rarely click on links for videos since I am on a dial-up connection.

Is the issue important enough to you to provide a summary of what you solicit comments upon?
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2007 12:00 pm
On one of the points that the caller raises at about 8:30 into the interview about the US' overthrow of Mossadeq in 1953 Frum responds with a strawman argument addressing "people who are apologizing or defending the current Iranian clerical regime," stating that they, "will often say how do you expect them to trust us when the United States overthrew the Mossadeq regime in the 1950." He then goes on to say that the Shia clerics of his time were some of his worst enemies thereby drawing a non-sequitur conclusion through his implied connection between the US' coup and these clerics to whom he refers. One thing is that Mossadeq had enemies among the conservative clerics in Iran, another thing entirely is the US' coup of Mossadeq's government and installation of Muhammad Reza Pahlavi, the dictatorial Shah of Iran, who himself persecuted many of the conservative Shia dissenters who opposed his libertarian rule.
0 Replies