The Practice - cancelled or what?

dov1953

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2003 12:14 am
Rolling Eyes I get yes and no. It's my fav show so I'd really like to know from someone. Thanks, Dov
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,403 • Replies: 9
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2003 07:04 am
It will carry on with a mostly all new cast.
0 Replies

vaughn15

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2004 08:31 am
Sad to see The Practice cancelled
I read this a.m. that Spader and Shatner will be on a a new "The Practice" spinoff which makes last night's episode understandable. This is sad for me as even though many of the many big players are gone, I still like Manheim, Harris and gang and think they are doing a great job! Oh well, it's all about ratings I guess!
0 Replies

Jacci

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2004 05:31 pm
When bad people happen to good TV
Yall have no idea how much this upsets me. The Practice is "my" show. My mother and I watch it together every Sunday (sort of. We live in different cities, but we call each other during every commercial break).

Its sad how the show got so crappy. And it wasn't the show's fault. What happened was, last season I think, the airtime was changed from Sundays at 10 to Mondays at 9. Because of this, ratings dropped. When the show switched back to its regular slot it couldn't afford to keep the big names, Dylan McDermon, Lisa Gay Hamilton, Lara Flynn Boyle, Marla Sokoloff (who came back for the last two episodes) and that bitch who played Bobby's wife. Then they started screwing with the plot.
My mom's theory was that the writers KNEW the show was doomed, so they decided to make it as absurd as possible, ala St. Elsewhere. I mean, what was up with the skull hanging in the office? The whole Jamie/Eugene fling was a buncha crap too, since Eugene has always been nothing but respectable, and Jamie is a slut.
Of course the biggest change was James Spader. Since the moment he walked on it became his show. Who can even remember a storyline involving Jimmy? And another thing...even his storylines are weaker. The trial of his friend, for example. When they met in the treehouse afterwards, and Alan found out the friend DID murder his wife...my mom noticed the friend was wearing black gloves. She called me, breathless, screaming that the friend was going to kill Alan and she couldn't wait. And then...nothing. Maddening!
The new show is certain to be godawful. A cocky pervert, a british slut in denial, and a man who can hardly utter any words at all, aside from "I am Denny Crane." Crap. I'm furious at the network for ruining my favorite show (well, aside from Just Shoot Me and the Simpsons, which goes without saying), but I have to finish out the season. Its still on tonight, as far as I know, so much more than likely I'll be back to rant later.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2004 05:43 pm
The producers are taking the show off the air, for good.

That's that folks!!
0 Replies

Jacci

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2004 08:18 pm
I lied. No show tonight, but a new episode schedules for nest week.
0 Replies

corgidog

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 03:17 pm
Cancellation of The Practice
I am so disappointed that The Practice is going to be cancelled. Up until last year, when it seemed to be drowning, I never missed it. Then this year picked up again and I have been watching it closely. The best part was when Dylan McDermott (Bobby) and (Lindsay) left the program. It was becoming maudlin with them.

What REALLY irks me now is that Bobby is going to be in the last two programs, as he was in the May 2 episode. What a big mistake.

I sincerely hope Camryn Manheim gets onto another good tv program, so I don't have to be without her completely.
0 Replies

edithdoll

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 11:34 am
Hi all,
Via the trades I read the original "Practice" will be wrapping up. James Spader, William Shatner, and Rebecca Demornay (sorry that probably is not the correct spelling, blonde actress known for the films "Risky Business" and "The Hand that Rocks the Cradle") are all on board for the new series. Shatner and Demornay's characters to be introduced on the original series last episodes, then spun off. The new show is to be about a civil law firm in Boston. It's tentatively called "The Practice: Fleet Street." Which if you are from Boston, is kind of a giggle. Fleet Street is in the North End, sort of our Little Italy, where they hold the feasts in the summer. One of the feasts held on Fleet St., I think is the Fishermens' feast, where they parade the statute of the Madonna through the street, and pin money to her. Do you see where I am going here? Not to say there aren't any law firms in the North End, especially near the waterfront, but most of the firms are downtown or in the upcoming seaport district. Anyway, www.tvtattle.com is a good site, for articles/updates if you are interested.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 11:38 am
I think it's interesting that Spader's character told Shatner's character, "I recognize alzheimers," inferring Shatner's character has it.
0 Replies

edithdoll

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2004 10:05 am
Hi a little update, last week in the middle of chaos at work, I read on the wires that the title, "The Practice: Fleet Street" didn't test well (surprise), so they are calling it "Boston Legal" not to be confused with Mr. Kelley's recently cancelled "Boston Public." Sorry I don't have a link, but I am pretty sure I read it on the Yahoo wires. A simple search will turn it up.
: )
0 Replies