30% of Americans Dont Know When 9/11 Attacks Occurred!!

Zippo

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2007 12:38 pm
30% of Americans Dont Know When 9/11 Attacks Occurred!!

Want video evidence? click HERE

Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 470 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Halfback

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2007 01:14 pm
Why does that surprise you? I'm willing to bet over 50% have no idea what year Pearl Harbor happened.

History is not exactly a strong suit in today's educational systems. I just read recently where one school system was not going to teach pre Civil War US history as that period of time was irrelevant.

Whereas the little "news" blurb didn't go into detail on the "Whys" (God forbid we question "authority", news or otherwise...), I suspect the whole idea might rest on "political correctness" somewhere. Then, again, it could be that informing students that there really was a concept called "State's Rights" once upon a time might be a bit confusing to "young minds".

Either way..... Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

Halfback
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2007 01:36 pm
I can understand them not knowing about Pearl Harbour...But 911 is the date duh!. This is something they shouldn't forget as it's not really 'history'. Every single person in the world has seen it for at least 48 hours continuously on their TV sets. Heck! Bush has mentioned it about 911 times during his speech. Don't people listen to what he says? Laughing
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2007 06:23 pm
The 30% statistic would be relevant if it broke out the different groups comprised in that statistic. I'd prefer it by age, education, region of country.

This statistic by itself might also be proof how strong the popular culture is in the world of many people. The person that would not know when 9/11 is might know a lot about who is who on the latest reality tv show. It's really focus; people have brains. They just use it for different information.
0 Replies

Halfback

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2007 11:02 pm
Foofie:

I'd paraphrase your entry a little..... people have brains, but I'll be damned if some people don't use them at all!

Whatever happened to those commercials that went: "..... a mind is a terrible thing to waste!"? My guess is that they were pulled because it shamed too many Americans.

You have to admit that there are a frightening number of people in this country whose idea of a serious test of cognitive reasoning is trying to determine the direction the next NASCAR lap will take in front of the stand.

Halfback
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 06:50 am
Quote:
You have to admit that there are a frightening number of people in this country whose idea of a serious test of cognitive reasoning is trying to determine the direction the next NASCAR lap will take in front of the stand.

That's rather quotable.
0 Replies

Halfback

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 12:57 pm
Thank you!

"Ignorants" are the only segment of American Society left that one can poke fun at with impunity. However, there is a Politically Correct (NewSpeak) term for them; "Intellectually Challenged". :wink:

Only a matter of time before the ACLU takes up the "cause". The only matter to be settled is if they are a minority or a majority. Laughing Close call, either way.

Halfback
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 01:18 pm
hehehehe... http://www.able2know.org/forums/a2k-post2885442.html#2885442
0 Replies