So theres this boy

dadpad

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2007 09:54 am
So theres this boy in my daughters life. She tells us he's tried on several religions but is ostensibly a nice jewish boy, named Simon. Although why that matters is not apparent to me at this time.

No further information forthcoming at this time.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,058 • Replies: 16
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2007 09:57 am
So what is your question?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2007 10:05 am
go get a large shotgun and a rocking chair

Sit on your porch, in the rocking chair with this t-shirt

http://www.preisvergleich.org/pimages/Fun-T-Shirt-County-Jail_41__FTS1003_40.jpg
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2007 10:48 am
Fathers of daughters have complicated mental lives.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2007 08:10 pm
Noddy24 wrote:

Fathers of daughters have mental illness!
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2007 08:15 pm
dadpad wrote:
Noddy24 wrote:

Reminds me of that bumper sticker; Insanity is hereditary; you get it from your children.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2007 10:35 pm
dadpad wrote:
Noddy24 wrote:

Are you worried about this relationship, dadpad, or perhaps you're thinking that it could be "serious"?
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2007 11:12 pm
msolga wrote:
dadpad wrote:
Noddy24 wrote:

Are you worried about this relationship, dadpad, or perhaps you're thinking that it could be "serious"?

Only as much as a father normally worries about his girls. ie You hurt my daughter you gonna DIE!.

Not that I can do anything about her relationships. she's 19 and on the other side of the world.

She's never been big on boyfriends although there have been some so its all new territory for me. I just think there may be something more in this than previously because shes announced the fact.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2007 11:35 pm
dadpad wrote:
She's never been big on boyfriends although there have been some so its all new territory for me. I just think there may be something more in this than previously because shes announced the fact.

Ah. So now you can only wait to see what may eventuate on the other side of the planet? (Worry, worry ...)
If your daughter announces that her boyfriend is coming to visit Oz then you'll know it's looking pretty serious to her, yes?

But at 19 years old, this is most likely the beginning of a number of serious relationships for her! You're gonna have to do a bit of getting used to this, I suspect! :wink:
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2007 10:41 am
Quote:

...and she will be violated, abandoned and alone in The Land of the Northern Lights.....

....or she will fall head over heels in love and you'll have to spend your old age trekking across land and sea to keep up with your grandbabies.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2007 04:29 pm
Noddy24 wrote:

....or she will fall head over heels in love and you'll have to spend your old age trekking across land and sea to keep up with your grandbabies.

we got phptos today.

Its all quite exciting.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 02:06 pm
Dadpad--

Is he handsome? Exceedingly Nordic? Self-conscious for a camera?

Tell all.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 05:35 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Dadpad--

Is he handsome? Exceedingly Nordic? Self-conscious for a camera?

Tell all.

None of the above. With perhaps the exception of handsome which is a relative term. My thought was....... nice looking boy, gentle. Who can tell from a photo?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 05:45 pm
Hormones are scary things, DP--just don't forget what you once felt yourself. (Or perhaps that exactly what's bothering you.)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 06:26 pm
Setanta wrote:
Hormones are scary things, DP--just don't forget what you once felt yourself. (Or perhaps that exactly what's bothering you.)

With fathers, I believe, it generally is.

The more...er...hormonal they were, the more they worry. :wink:
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 08:14 pm
Well, dadpad - plenty of flights to Sweden!

Avoid Scandinavian Airways - worst flight I've ever had in my life - Stockholm - Copenhagen - Narita! Bastards! Thai was excellent (I've been to Sweden heaps of times!)

Remember - you can't take your shotgun in your carry-on luggage. Pack both it and the ammo in your hold luggage!

Also best not to practice the lines you are going to use on him during the flight - they may send you to the rubber room!

You have a nice trip, now! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 11:35 am
Dadpad--

We're all with you. Hold your dominion.
0 Replies