Bill Maher Threatens to Kick Protestor's Asses on Live TV

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 10:48 pm
Some 9/11 conspiracy nutcases tried to disrupt Bill Maher's show tonight, Real Time with Bill Maher, he actually went into the audience to kick their ass!

It was quite a scene, finally security took care of them, great show tonight, Sheila Jackson Lee and Chris Matthews were panelists. The West Coast feed is on at 11 Pm PST.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,061 • Replies: 20
No top replies

snood

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 04:41 am
Sh*t! I missed it!!!!

Good thing they re-show it...
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 06:48 am
Did he actually hit them? Dang, I'll have to catch that one On Demand.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 06:53 am
Professional wrestling.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 07:34 am
Man, that was funny.

I didn't expect him to try to throw the bum out himself. He kept is cool pretty much and tried to get back to business then another idiot began yelling interrupting the show a few minutes more.

He said the most grief he gets from protesters etc. is because he doesn't believe 9/11 conspiracies. Whodathunkit.

Live TV can be challenging. Laughing
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 08:23 am
unike that pussy Bill O'Reilly who makes threats... a real man just kicks your ass...
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 08:44 am
Nothing like seeing something live though. (I love getting the East Coast feed at 8pm Pacific)
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 09:16 am
I saw it too. It was a good few minutes of the show that those idiots f*cked up.

Here it is.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 11:37 am
Pathetic. Call that kicking ass. You're dreaming your own macho dream. Form being confused with substance. Words equating with the actions they describe. Assertivitis rampant.

It looked rehearsed to me. Are the shows ratings slipping?
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 12:04 pm
Question:
What kind of moron would call that rehearsed?

Answer: The same kind of moron would refer to me as macho in any sense.

On second thought, moron is being kind to morons. Imbecile?

(well, I actually thinking he is referring to Bear, no one could possibly be that clueless)
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 12:16 pm
What kind of a moron watches tripe like that?

Oh--I know. One that can't read despite years of English lessons.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 12:18 pm
having looked at the video I must agree it wasn't exactly kicking ass but it was great......and spendius.... catch your dick in your fly or something?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 12:36 pm
"Oh baby-that God you've been praying to
Is gonna give you back what you're wishing on someone else."

Bob Dylan. New Pony I think.

I didn't start name calling. I merely made a comment about the video kicky put up. It's well known that a lot of that stuff is staged.

You should save your cheap gallantry for personal occasions and not for public debates.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 01:57 pm
You should save your critique for a subject you have some knowledge of. That was not staged. I didn't watch the video, I watched the show live.

Having TV, theater and stage experience, beyond a shadow of a doubt, it wasn't staged.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 02:02 pm
I just found this.

BTW the titlle of this thread is???

The AP reports that it wasn't staged, no one even suspects that it was staged except except one lonely guy in Hicksville

Quote:

It was a very compelling live TV event and leave it to a right-wing malcontent to try to throw cold water on the situation and make it a left-right issue. It was just great TV.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 05:44 pm
Quote:
Regular audience members found the ruckus thrilling.

Say no more! Mission accomplished. They saw the ads.

Why would AP think of reporting that it wasn't staged if only " one lonely guy in Hicksville" suggested, not insisted mind you, that it "might" have been.

That would seem to be a criticism of AP. Wasting AP's time.

Half of the people in our pub think the moon landing was a movie for goodness sakes. A "kicking ass" session with no flowerpots crashing over and no scratches could easily look choreographied to folks like that.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 06:26 pm
Thread Title = Bill Maher Threatens to Kick Protestor's Asses on Live TV
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 06:45 pm
I did see this story & a film clip on a news program.

My chief impression was that of amusement at Maher's behavior. Here is the narcissistic wussy little star dramatically rushing up to "kick a little ass" as he described it, but carefully timing his arrival to follow the burly security guys and never getting closer that 15 or so feet from the action before beating a fast retreat.

Never mind that Maher himself has centered his own career on protesting the actions of others who have, compared to his, serious jobs to do.

A real eye roller. A little punk who apparently believes his media prominence has made him into something else.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 07:03 pm
Maher is a hilarious, rich little punk.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 07:16 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
Maher is a hilarious, rich little punk.

"hilarious"... I don't know - clearly he amuses many. For myself, I find him at best occasionally a bit funny, but overall a little cloying in his self-important posturing and mocking -- sort of like the high school kid who gets a rep by parodying the teachers (but doesn't accomplish anything himself).

As for the rest, ... maybe so. He is still a contemptible little punk, and he doesn't have enough money to change that.
0 Replies