Video
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,390 • Replies: 30
No top replies

Baldimo

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 12:14 pm
I don't think they have lost their minds and I'm not waiting for the rapture. The only people who have lost their minds are the ones who think a leather and lace parade with freaks running through the streets is part of the American family values.
0 Replies

username

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 12:33 pm
Well, Baldimo, I'll tell you, we here in Massachusetts are family-values kind of folks. We've got the lowest divorce rate in the country. Can't get much more family than that. We beat all you red-state wannabes. And we've had gay marriage for, what, about three years now. And guess what? The Commonwealth hasn't fallen. It hasn't even teetered slightly. Most of the anti-gay-marriage legislators lost their seats. And basically no one gives a sh*t about the "controversy" anymore. It's just no big deal. Gays are buying houses (and fixing them up). They're raising happy children. They're paying property taxes. They can see their sick and dying partners in the hospital now, whereas they couldn't before because they weren't "related". And it's just no big deal. We prefer to spend our time worrying about the important stuff. Like whether the Sox are going to eliminate Cleveland and go to the Series.

So, yeah, I'd say the "Christians" (and it really pisses me off that somehow they presume they embody the "Christian" viewpoint and other Christians don't) have lost their minds. Margaret nailed it when she said "I'm just waiting for Jesus to come back and say, 'That wasn't what I meant'"
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 04:02 pm
what makes christians insane is they place more importance on a "leather and lace" "freak" show than the "freaks" do.

get some priorities, for christ's sake. there are people that are suffering everywhere, and you're worried about who's doing what with their genitals. nonsense. when did jesus go gay-bashing, can you tell me when that became such a big part of christianity? worship pat robertson if you like, just don't mistake him for god's "only begotten," that should be easy enough.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 05:56 pm
I saw a bumper sticker I really liked the other day- it may be oldhat- but it was new to me-and it said:

HATE IS NOT A FAMILY VALUE
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 06:36 pm
tinygiraffe wrote:
what makes christians insane is they place more importance on a "leather and lace" "freak" show than the "freaks" do.

get some priorities, for christ's sake. there are people that are suffering everywhere, and you're worried about who's doing what with their genitals. nonsense. when did jesus go gay-bashing, can you tell me when that became such a big part of christianity? worship pat robertson if you like, just don't mistake him for god's "only begotten," that should be easy enough.

Coming from an expert, the difference between Republicans and Democrats is that Republicans are just as freaky as Dems, maybe even freakier but keep it in the closet.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2007 08:20 am
Who is Margaret Cho?
0 Replies

EmilyGreen

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2007 08:35 am
username wrote:
Margaret nailed it when she said "I'm just waiting for Jesus to come back and say, 'That wasn't what I meant'"

Yes! I could say that about a LOT of things!
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 10:21 am
Its not hate.

I know I don't want people in the streets acting like they act in their bedrooms. If you want the rest of us to stay out of people's bedrooms then tell them to keep their bedrooms off of out streets. Check the link and view the pics. I was going to try and check out the rest of the photos but I was afraid I would find a pic of Rox there.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 11:08 am
Baldimo wrote:
Its not hate.

I know I don't want people in the streets acting like they act in their bedrooms. If you want the rest of us to stay out of people's bedrooms then tell them to keep their bedrooms off of out streets. Check the link and view the pics. I was going to try and check out the rest of the photos but I was afraid I would find a pic of Rox there.

Are you talking about people sleeping on the street?
Wearing pajamas and slippers on the street? What?

It certainly is illegal to have sex on the street but I don't think you were referring to that, were you?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 11:25 am
parados wrote:
Baldimo wrote:
Its not hate.

It certainly is illegal to have sex on the street but I don't think you were referring to that, were you?

Sorry forgot the link.

Freaks in the Streets

They weren't having sex but the toys, outfits and way in which they play needs to stay in the bedroom. If they want to be tired up thats fine. I've done it I'm sure most of you have but I havn't gone to the extreems in which they have. I wouldn't do those things in the streets because it isn't the proper place.

This was the same group that had the pic taken in the last supper style with adult toys all over the table and these people playing the parts of JC and the Boys. It was insulting and demeaning to the Christian religion. You know as well as I do that if they had done the same thing with a Muslim theme they would all have received death threats. This sort of things should be public and should show more respect for those around them. I'm pretty sure not all of the business owners in that area liked that going down the street in front of their shops.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 11:33 am
Baldimo wrote:
parados wrote:
Baldimo wrote:
Its not hate.

Sorry forgot the link.

Freaks in the Streets

They weren't having sex but the toys, outfits and way in which they play needs to stay in the bedroom. If they want to be tired up thats fine. I've done it I'm sure most of you have but I havn't gone to the extreems in which they have. I wouldn't do those things in the streets because it isn't the proper place.

This was the same group that had the pic taken in the last supper style with adult toys all over the table and these people playing the parts of JC and the Boys. It was insulting and demeaning to the Christian religion. You know as well as I do that if they had done the same thing with a Muslim theme they would all have received death threats. This sort of things should be public and should show more respect for those around them. I'm pretty sure not all of the business owners in that area liked that going down the street in front of their shops.

Well, your opinion of what should or should not take place in the streets is duly noted.

But, since this is America, I support the right of people to gather in places wearing whatever clothes they wish. Your religion or opinion of decency doesn't define Freedom.

You might wish to know that the Folsom street fair brings in millions of dollars to the surrounding shops every year. They would vehemently disagree with you regarding the fair.

Why is it that Conservatives are so afraid of people publicly expressing their sexuality? Who is harmed by this? Nobody.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 11:51 am
Would you take your children to this street fair? What if you came down town with your child. As noted if you want people out of your bedroom then make sure you stay in your bedroom.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 11:53 am
Baldimo wrote:
Would you take your children to this street fair? What if you came down town with your child. As noted if you want people out of your bedroom then make sure you stay in your bedroom.

I wouldn't engage in any behavior publicly which I wasn't proud of, so I doubt these people are embarassed at all.

I don't think that each and every public event has to be geared towards being 'acceptable to children.' I wouldn't take my kids to a rock concert, but that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with rock concerts.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 12:10 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Baldimo wrote:

I wouldn't engage in any behavior publicly which I wasn't proud of, so I doubt these people are embarassed at all.

I don't think that each and every public event has to be geared towards being 'acceptable to children.' I wouldn't take my kids to a rock concert, but that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with rock concerts.

Cycloptichorn

A rock concert is a different cry from the Folsom street fair. Its not a matter if they are embarassed or not. From the pictures I would agree that their not embarassed by what they do.

Its a matter of what is proper in society. I don't support the people standing on the street corners holding up pictures of aborted fetuses either. I agree that abortion should not be legal on demand and shouldn't be used as birth control but I don't think their pictures on the streets are the right place. Same goes for the people who like to hold up signs of dead animals. Once again wrong place.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 12:12 pm
Baldimo wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Baldimo wrote:

Cycloptichorn

A rock concert is a different cry from the Folsom street fair. Its not a matter if they are embarassed or not. From the pictures I would agree that their not embarassed by what they do.

Its a matter of what is proper in society. I don't support the people standing on the street corners holding up pictures of aborted fetuses either. I agree that abortion should not be legal on demand and shouldn't be used as birth control but I don't think their pictures on the streets are the right place. Same goes for the people who like to hold up signs of dead animals. Once again wrong place.

Why?

What about these images affects you to the point that you think it's worth not allowing them to be on the street?

Pictures are just pictures, people are just people. None of it matters in the long run.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 12:15 pm
LOL I saw this post and just had to comment.

Actually I was at Folsom and had several pictures taken of me by professional photographers so search hard enough and you will find a pic of me, just please post here and PM me.

I was stunning in a corset, black leather boots and fishnet stocking. I went commando, meaning no panties. My Little Kitty enjoyed her outing as much as I did.

It was quite an enjoyable event.

The real sickos are closeted homosexuals who are disturbed that we get to enjoy ourselves free of repression.

Bring it on, little boys.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 12:29 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:

Actually I was at Folsom and had several pictures taken of me by professional photographers so search hard enough and you will find a pic of me, just please post here and PM me.

I was stunning in a corset, black leather boots and fishnet stocking. I went commando, meaning no panties. My Little Kitty enjoyed her outing as much as I did.

The real sickos are closeted homosexuals who are disturbed that we get to enjoy ourselves free of repression.

What makes you think that all people who don't agree with you are closeted homosexuals?

You call it free expression but would you be fine with the Klan burining crosses openly on the street? How about Christians marching through the streets speading their faith and preaching about Jesus?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 12:31 pm
Baldimo wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:

What makes you think that all people who don't agree with you are closeted homosexuals?

You call it free expression but would you be fine with the Klan burining crosses openly on the street? How about Christians marching through the streets speading their faith and preaching about Jesus?

Don't know about burning crosses, but the Christians march through San Fran all the time - and people support their right to do so.

Hell, every time I get off of the BART there's someone preaching fire and brimstone at me. I certainly wouldn't want my kids to hear them preaching about how we are all going to go to hell. But I wouldn't seek to bar them from exercising their first amendment rights.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Halfback

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 01:34 pm
There are other problems in this country besides the "Gay" and "Abortion" issues. More important by a long shot.

We give the Greeks credit for formulation of some of the very basic concepts we hold dear as far as Western Philosophy goes. They were not homo phobic. Is there a dichotomy here?

I have no problem with Gay Marriage. Anyone can marry anybody as far as I am concerned. I only have one caveat to attach; That the "Marriage", should it end, go through exactly the same "Divorce Court" drill that the rest of us have to. That includes the splitting of assets, bills, etc., custody fights, child support, alimony, all the little niceties that the "straights" have to endure. "Marriage" has responsibilities as well as benefits. They come hand-in-hand.

I have no problem with abortion on demand. I would rather abortion be performed than to bring an "unwanted" child into this world. (We already have enough of those.) However, since we cannot seem to "moralize" or "teach" out the breeding instinct, I would suggest sex education be taught, right along with free access to birth control devices/pills, beginning at puberty. (I would also toss in a good dose of responsibility and cost of rearing children.)

That approach would alleviate a lot of the abortions, (satisfying the "Christians", to some extent), would be much more cost effective and would, in the long run, reduce the cost of "welfare" programs. (51% of births in the County next to mine were born out of wedlock last year, you can bet MANY of them will be on welfare, considering the demographics of the mothers of those births.)

I think Sen. Kerry summed it up the best during the last election season; "I am personally against abortion, but as a legislator, I do not have the right to impose my personal moral beliefs on every person in this country." (That may not be exact wording, but it was close.) I was struck by that and it rings true.

So let me repair to my foxhole to endure the flack and frags that I am sure will be my reward for having the audacity to utter the above.

Halfback
0 Replies