• Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,468 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 11:46 am
Bush justice is a national disgrace
By John S. Koppel
Article Last Updated: 07/05/2007 11:48:30 PM MDT

As a longtime attorney at the U.S. Department of Justice, I can honestly say that I have never been as ashamed of the department and government that I serve as I am at this time.

The public record now plainly demonstrates that both the DOJ and the government as a whole have been thoroughly politicized in a manner that is inappropriate, unethical and indeed unlawful. The unconscionable commutation of I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby's sentence, the misuse of warrantless investigative powers under the Patriot Act and the deplorable treatment of U.S. attorneys all point to an unmistakable pattern of abuse.

In the course of its tenure since the Sept. 11 attacks, the Bush administration has turned the entire government (and the DOJ in particular) into a veritable Augean stable on issues such as civil rights, civil liberties, international law and basic human rights, as well as criminal prosecution and federal employment and contracting practices. It has systematically undermined the rule of law in the name of fighting terrorism, and it has sought to insulate its actions from legislative or judicial scrutiny and accountability by invoking national security at every turn, engaging in persistent fearmongering, routinely impugning the integrity and/or patriotism of its critics, and protecting its own lawbreakers. This is neither normal government conduct nor "politics as usual," but a national disgrace of a magnitude unseen since the days of Watergate - which, in fact, I believe it eclipses.

http://www.denverpost.com/opinion/ci_6308408
0 Replies

Halfback

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 01:09 pm
So, we are left with a case that will never go to trial, apparently, and so, the truth will never be known. (Whatever "the truth" is these days.) As a result, all the accusations are hearsay and all the disclaimers are equally so. Personally, I would rather have the trial, in camera, if necessary.

Halfback
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 01:23 pm
Just thought i'd point out to you, once again, Ramafuchs, that your English sucks, but that given your obsessive political ranting, i doubt that you would make any more sense if you were an Oxford Don.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 01:38 pm
Setanta
I respectfully beg you to ignore my thread if you fieel it like that.
I always read threads and avoid insulting the person who project a subject which is not of my taste.
I had posted here two reliable American source as the subject and I had not used/abused/misused the language of yours.
Thanks.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 01:42 pm
The title of the thread represents an "abuse" of the English language. As for whether or not you feel insulted when i point out just how badly you speak English, i can only point out that it is your free choice to display your ignorance and ineptitude in the English language, in a venue in which the English language is overwhelmingly the currency of communication. You can expect to have it pointed out to you in such circumstances, and now that i know that you take offense, i have good reason to make a practice of pointing it out to you.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 01:46 pm
The title has got two additional words from me.
Supine is an adjective which in some context means submitting, lowered, inverted.
And
supple sometimes means servile , dishonoust.
Supreme disgrace is NYT's title.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 02:10 pm
Supple does not mean servile or dishonest (there is a spell-check function at this site, you might profit from learning to use it).

Quote:
sup·ple (spl)
adj. sup·pler, sup·plest
1. Readily bent; pliant.
2. Moving and bending with agility; limber.
3. Yielding or changing readily; compliant or adaptable. See Synonyms at flexible.
tr. & intr.v. sup·pled, sup·pling, sup·ples
To make or become supple.

The source is the American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language.

Quote:
su·pine (s-pn, spn)
adj.
1. Lying on the back or having the face upward.
2. Having the palm upward. Used of the hand.
3. Marked by or showing lethargy, passivity, or blameworthy indifference. See Synonyms at inactive.
4. Inclined; sloping.

Same source--your claim about the definition of supine is almost as suspect.

As i pointed out, you don't speak English worth a damn.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 02:17 pm
Ok .
Thanks for your erudite enlightenment about the useage of two faulty words which I had added in the title.
How about repudiating or justifying the subject of this thread.
Pour forth your views please.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 02:34 pm
I am in no position to either repudiate or justify the allegations embodied in the article you quoted--i don't possess any certain knowledge that what happened happened in the manner alleged, nor do i know for a fact that the individual described was or was not "innocent," and whether or not that was known at the time he was allegedly kidnapped. Additionally, i derive greater pleasure from ridiculing your butchery of the English language than in being sucked into your political ranting.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 03:30 pm
butchery of the English language
Is your way and not my way sorry..

su·pine (sū-pīn', sū'pīn') pronunciation
adj.

1. Lying on the back or having the face upward.
2. Having the palm upward. Used of the hand.
3. Marked by or showing lethargy, passivity, or blameworthy indifference. See synonyms at inactive.
4. Inclined; sloping..
Since you wish to project your intellectual views,
I once again beg you to ignore my views
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 03:37 pm
Yes, you are sorry . . . and you should apologize, for being sorry, and for consistently butchering the English language.

You may beg to your heart's content. I will continue to reserve the right to ridicule your use of English.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 03:41 pm
My language is globalized one .
Like MLK
Gandhi
Mother theresa
Karl Marx
Nelson.
I wil.l expose my ignorance with befitting quotes.
Await
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 04:27 pm
Nelson?

Horatio Nelson? The English naval hero? He was a very vulgar man, you should think more carefully about that one.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 05:07 pm
The subject here is something else
to expose the hypocracy of LAW
I will be much obliged to you if- only if- you have any opinion about this subject.
Otherwise I beg once again with all respect to ignore my thread and allow others to use their freedom
0 Replies