Why a One World Government makes perfect sense - The Concept

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 04:23 am
Why a One World Government makes perfect sense - The Concept of a Pan-World - Fair World Order

http://www.aussenpolitikforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=2052
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 812 • Replies: 11
No top replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 07:48 am
the idea of a one-world government doesn't make perfect sense to me. it's one of those "nice ideas" that might be better someday, but for now looks like it would create more problems than it solves.

what's the difference between a one-world government and an empire, by the way? not ideally, i mean in practice? would it be symbolically led by former so-called democratic republics? that wouldn't appeal, they have a history of raping poorer nations, they would only have more power in a one-world government. empires fall, and a world-sized empire's fall would be worse. no, i don't think we're ready to put all our eggs in that basket, and when we are ready, i suspect we'll have a better idea anyway.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 12:01 am
Why don't you wait 300-400 million years from now as by that time all the continents will drift to form another Pangea. You will have one continent, one world.
0 Replies

Halfback

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 12:04 am
We can't even get local Governments to operate efficiently, let alone State, National or (shudder) WORLD Government. Laughing

Halfback
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 12:08 am
Besides, the Russions and Chinese would want a communist government, the Arabs would want a Caliphate, the Westerners would want a Republic, and the Africans would want a...err...
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 12:42 am
deja vu
oh there's a fun thought, so the entire world would have a two-party system exactly the way neocons picture america: the capitalist party, and the communist one!

or better yet, the "us" party and the "them" party, that way everyone is sort of kind of represented Very Happy just like they kind of sort of are now.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 04:50 pm
No. I really don't want people from all sorts of other cultures, with other languages trying to pretend to be my fellow One Worlder. I like my U.S. Americans with their regional accents, and regional ways, and I don't want to have to put on an act and pretend to like other languages, or other cultural ways. I would like to remain a U.S. citizen, with all its foibles.

Perhaps, if the world learned to speak American English, and then watched only American tv, and gave up soccer, and adopted baseball and American football, then perhaps in a millenia or two, I can see them being given statehood in the U.S.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 04:52 pm
Re: deja vu
tinygiraffe wrote:
oh there's a fun thought, so the entire world would have a two-party system exactly the way neocons picture america: the capitalist party, and the communist one!

or better yet, the "us" party and the "them" party, that way everyone is sort of kind of represented Very Happy just like they kind of sort of are now.

Good thinking . . . let's get right to work on that.

Will we get to shoot lots an' lots of folks?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 04:59 pm
The very idea is an absolute necessity. Only when we have it will we come into the inheritance which has been struggled for with so much pain and suffering.

Teething troubles are a baby problem.

We will get there. One day. Oh- to be born then!!!!
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 01:41 pm
Setanta wrote:
tinygiraffe wrote:

Good thinking . . . let's get right to work on that.

Will we get to shoot lots an' lots of folks?

i don't see how it can be avoided. hopefully someone can.
0 Replies

anakpawis

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 08:42 pm
It will never happen.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 12:20 am
tinygiraffe wrote:
the idea of a one-world government doesn't make perfect sense to me. it's one of those "nice ideas" that might be better someday, but for now looks like it would create more problems than it solves.

what's the difference between a one-world government and an empire, by the way? not ideally, i mean in practice? would it be symbolically led by former so-called democratic republics? that wouldn't appeal, they have a history of raping poorer nations, they would only have more power in a one-world government. empires fall, and a world-sized empire's fall would be worse. no, i don't think we're ready to put all our eggs in that basket, and when we are ready, i suspect we'll have a better idea anyway.

I can't say I agree with your seemingly reflexive jibe at Western governments, but you do make, an otherwise, good point.

Rwanda had a One Rwanda government when the two main tribes within the country were slaughtering one another. Burma has a one Burma government. Hitler ruled a One Germany government that hoped to be a One World government.

The notion that a One World Government would represent arrival at the Promised Land is pretty silly, however many people believe it is an inevitable outcome. I don't know why.
0 Replies