Anyone knows Big Yao come in!!!

PDiddie

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 07:35 am
Quote:
A year later, there were no politicians waiting to shake his hand, no banners celebrating his arrival in several languages.

This time, when Yao Ming reached Houston, he set off an impromptu re-enactment of A Hard Day's Night. (koolplay: that is a movie from the '60s, starring the Beatles, which featured them being chased by mostly female fans and reporters.--PD)

Yaomania began again Sunday, when Yao -- trained by a year as the center of attention -- made a quick U-turn toward the waiting stretch limousine, inspiring a mad dash to catch him. Someone yelled, "There he is," and media members sprinted behind, minicams bouncing on shoulders, as if they had heard a starter's pistol. Fans followed Yao through Bush International Airport, leaving suitcases and even shoes behind just to get a closer look or, better still, a quick autograph.

Yao appeared neither as amused as he often did last season nor as stunned as he had when his career with the Rockets began. Rather, he seemed accustomed to the hysteria he inspires.

"I think it will keep getting better," Yao said of handling the crush of attention. "I have to count on myself to find the answers."

Yao Arrives a Year Wiser
0 Replies

koolplay

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 07:49 am
Another NBA season is coming...
0 Replies

valgalmypal

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 08:13 am
I am a fan of the Houston Rockets and I like Yao Ming. He has a lot of potential.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2003 04:23 pm
I'm with valgalmypal. I am very much enjoying the development of Yao. I love talent, I love serious endeavor and I love committment - Yao exhibits these traits. I believe Yao is real - as real as Akeem Olajuwon!
0 Replies

koolplay

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2003 05:45 am
Rockets got first win over Kings in preseason action Tuesday in Sacramento.
Steve Francis poured in 29 points to lead the Rockets.
Yao did it well,too.
Next game will be held in their home.
Let's see.
0 Replies

koolplay

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 12:55 am
Rockets beat Kings in their new arena.
Yao poured 20 points and got 14 rebounds.Double-doubles again.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 06:19 am
I think one of the best matchups in about 2 or 3 years maybe the Rockets bigman against the Spurs new big man (can't remember his name yet). That battle is going to be pure fun Smile
0 Replies

koolplay

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 12:34 am
I can tell the Rockets bigman in about 2 or 3 years will be Yao.Be doomed to Big Yao.
Spurs unknown...
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2003 02:43 pm
I do believe that Yao is ready for this year, he comes with experience. The spurs new big guy, same gut feeling as I had for Yao. Will love a battle at the height of short skyscapers Smile
0 Replies

koolplay

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 01:04 am
The new NBA reason is coming.
Waiting for Yao's presence.
0 Replies

koolplay

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 01:04 am
The new NBA season is coming.
Waiting for Yao's presence.
0 Replies

koolplay

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 03:33 am
Today Yao scored 19 points,grabbed 10 rebounds and rejected 3 shots for Rockets,but they lost the game to Memphis.
71:79
bad luck...
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 11:16 am
Yao 2.0.

Twenty extra pounds in the upper body, a new coach, a new offensive sytem.

I know he's tired from playing at the competition level for the past 36 months or so, and I know Van Gundy's gonna be pushing him to play all back-to-the-basket and traditional-like, and I know little Stevie'll freeze him out some nights.

I also know there will be many smooth little drop-steps and seeing-eye passes that will bring a smile to this boy's face.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 02:11 pm
Maybe a sky hook coming soon Wink
0 Replies

koolplay

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 05:50 am
Yao now gradually becomes the top leader of the Rockets,but there seems that Steve don't want to lose the No.1 class.
In the long run,no doubt that Yao will replace Steve.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 06:24 pm
koolness:

Yao had seven blocks in the Van Gundy championship game night before last:

http://www.nba.com/media/rockets/ming_400_031111.jpg
0 Replies

koolplay

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 01:32 am
Hey,I have long time not to see my post.
Yao now is in Beijing,continuous attendence of various exhibition and sponsor meeting kept him busy.
With the exciting course of the NBA Finals,Yao predicted that Lakers would hold the champion.
But now Pistons leads 3:1.
So it is hard to play the miracle again.
I believe Pistons,as an eastern team,will get the finals again since the Chicago left.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 03:18 am
See, now, you're going to have to post more often than just once or twice an NBA season. :wink:

Everyone thought the Lakers would win.

Everyone but the Lakers is happy they won't.
0 Replies

koolplay

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 05:57 am
Tomorrow is the fifth final game in Detroit.
Maybe it will be the last game of this NBA season.
Go Pistons.
Go Larry Brown.
Go all the Pistons' players.
We pray...
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 08:33 am
Defense is on top again - I believe that Yao is a great defensive player, but it is also the thing that tires him out the most. He has got to become more selective, he defends anything within 25 foot of him. This not only wears him out, but if you notice is sometimes futile (he can't get there) plus gets him out of position on his own player who usually can't be defended by anyone else. Late in the last season, I believe that Ewing had shown great skill in coaching this out of Yao. Yao is also a major scoring threat, only when he isn't tired....
0 Replies