Anyone knows Big Yao come in!!!

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2003 07:22 am
Yao Ming,a cookie in year 2002,was selected by Houston Rockets for the first rank.his virgin game just scored zero,but game after game,his performance became well,he has got used to the NBA rules and environment.
have you ever the excellent moments against O'neal,that Big Yao sent him a huge gift,three blocks,so cool!
Yao comes from my hometown,Shanghai China.every Chinese hope he will give us a satisfactory answer from the bottom of our hearts.
what do you think of Big Yao?
drop a line for me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 6,463 • Replies: 84
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2003 08:38 pm
Yes, I'll admit it, I don't pay attention to sports...

What's a Big Yao and which sport does he play and what is the question you are hoping he will give the answer to?
0 Replies

koolplay

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2003 10:18 pm
what i referred to is a basketball player whose name is Yao ming,we call him Big Yao because of his height about 2.24m.now he is a player in Houston Rockets basketball team in NBA.
i think he will be well-known all over the world,if you have free time,you can open your TV,and select the sports channel,watch some exciting games about NBA,maybe you will see a Big guy playing his small ball.
hi,Butrflynet,that your city,Sacramento,also owns a famous NBA team named Sacramento Kings.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2003 10:34 pm
Hiya Koolplay. Yeppers, we're home of the Sacramento Kings. The TV stations around here never let us forget that! Wink

2.24 m that's what, about 7 feet 3 inches if my math is correct. Wow, that's rather tall.

Found an interesting Time Magazine article about him on Google.

http://www.time.com/time/asia/covers/1101021118/story.html

You being such a big fan have probably already seen it. Looks like he already is well known all over the world. Smile
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2003 10:35 pm
Like Butrflynet, I'm not much interested in sports, at least team sports. Your avatar is more interesting than basketball anyway. Is that you on the board?
0 Replies

koolplay

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2003 10:57 pm
oh, it's not me in the board,but i like sk8 very much.skateboarding game will bring you excitement,pleasure,spirit and sometimes mke you crazy.
but you know,it's likely to hurt yourself by playing the X games such as sk8,BMX...
do you like these kinds of sports,roger?
0 Replies

koolplay

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2003 11:03 pm
hey,Butrflynet,you are right,Big Yao is about 7 feet 3 inches high,yes,your maths are quite good.
oh i can't open the link you gave me,what a pity!
Butrflynet, what do you like in your spare time,what's your favourite?
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2003 11:11 pm
Sorry about the link, Koolplay. Try going to http://www.time.com and see if it will let you do a search on his name. I found it by doing a Google search on Big Yao Ming.

Right now I'm working on getting my health back, doing lots of walking and swimming. It feels really good to be back in a swimming pool again. When I was a kid I was on a neighborhood swim team and was quite competitive. I'm a far cry from that great shape these days...but I love swimming and it is easy on my creaky old joints.

How about you? Are you still living in China?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2003 11:19 pm
No koolplay. I'm 59 years old. That kind of thing might have been my thing years ago when I healed faster and thought I was immortal. I do like to watch skaters, board surfers, and gymnastics. I guess the individual effort appeals to me.
0 Replies

koolplay

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2003 11:23 pm
glad to know you like swimming,Butrflynet.swimming is a healthy game which will keep anyone muscular and plentiful shape.
i am a young boy and now i study in a university grade 3.i major in tourism administration.maybe i will become an international guide in the near future.
now i still live in Shanghai China,have you ever been to China?
0 Replies

koolplay

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2003 11:30 pm
oh,roger,maybe my age just can become your grandson i am 20 years old.
i think although the sk8 is your quondam thing,watching these games on TV also will make you younger.it will bring you the sense of dynamics.it is so great !
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2003 11:36 pm
Have I been to China? No, but it and other Asian countries are on my travel list to do some day. I am, however, intrigued by some of the historical eras of China and the many inventions your country has provided to the world.

With your studies in tourism you'll be able to organize trips to enjoy Big Yao in action on the basketball court.

What time is it now where you are? It is about 10:30 at night here in California.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2003 11:40 pm
Heh, count me in on the grandma list, although Roger has me beat by just a few years.

Watching the dare devil antics of the skateboarders on TV will give him a heart attack!

I can't believe the gravity defying things kids do these days. I always thought just climbing a tree was daring... Smile
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2003 11:59 pm
Hey Koolplay, I hardly ever watch sports because I'm just more into exploring things outside (skiing, hiking, cycling, etc).

The one sport I occassionally watch is basketball, because of the grace, teamwork, strategy, and the personalities involved. I'm not a regular fan, don't know hardly any players, but Big Yao really caught my eye. I think he's the most interesting prospect in the league right now. When I first saw him I couldn't help but root for him more than anyone else!

He could become tremendous! His presence could really open people's eyes to athletes from China. There's a lot of potential there, a real story in the making. When I see a little basketball now and then, I don't look for Shaq or Kobe or Bebe anymore. I'm hoping Yao will be on, that's who I want to see!
0 Replies

koolplay

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2003 12:04 am
here in Shanghai China it is 13:50 p.m.
now i am at home.i am now enjoying my summer vacation,but my vacation will be over soon,then i will go to school on sept 1st.
i often play skateboarding in campus,i think what you said is all right,these gravity defying sports belong to young.it is the youngmen's activity.
with the modern world,i think more and more boys and girls will take part in these things thus which make this world more energetic
and versatile.
just like my grangpa,he likes the quiet life just watching TV or doing
some housework.i think these are his favourite.passion is his things years ago.
0 Replies

koolplay

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2003 12:14 am
hi,CodeBorg.welcome!
i think what Yao interests you is not only his huge stature but also he is a Chinese basketball player.that Yao's presence in NBA will bring US basketball or economic markets more profits.as i know,almost everyone in Chinese will pay more attention to the NBA live,we care for all the things about Yao.because Chinese people are looking forward to watching Yao's excellent performance in the stage of NBA.
everyone believe he is born a miracle,he is cut out for a basketball player,he will succeed in the coming future,i am sure.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2003 08:39 am
http://store4.yimg.com/I/yaosays_1754_8023801
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2003 09:22 am
A very cool Flash in Chinese
0 Replies

koolplay

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2003 10:13 am
the four Chinese words"高人一等“ demonstrate that he is really a trifle higher in stature.but the more important point is that he wants that his basketball skill will be more accepted by all the people not just his marvellous height.
let's wait for his show.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2003 01:13 pm
Hey Koolplay,

Just thought I'd check in with you to see if you or family had suffered any damage from the earthquake yesterday in the region northeast of Bejiing. Heard there was quite a swarm of aftershocks too.
0 Replies