cavfancier

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2003 05:07 am
Here is their official site, but it's in French:

http://www.ileverte.net/
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2003 05:45 am
I have a number of food issues as well

- Food which is passed off as Indian food without being remotely Indian !!
- Everything is a curry !!
- Indian places which do not know the proper way to serve. I recently went to a very upmarket one with a friend, and he ordered Prawns as a main course, and they came without rice or bread !! Shocked

And I guess my number one issue is

- I love food way toooooooooo much. I just cant get enuff of it !!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2003 05:54 am
Gautam, Toronto is blessed by both a "Little India" with some very authentic places to eat, every obscure ingredient you need for your own cooking, and a gay village....you simply must visit one day! Very Happy
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2003 08:04 am
farmerman wrote:
feolola- Many organic meat producers will not use worming agents to keep their animals from getting infested with internal parasites. So, in order to act like theyre doing something, they give their animals herbs or diatomaceous earth. Diatomaceous earth is made up of silica laced shells or ":Tests" of dead macroscopic sea creatures and fresh water creatures. Their shells are so gnarly that , the idea is, any animal that ingests them (like worms) will cut thier interanls up. This is complete and utter nonsense. Universities have studied this to death and found that its just a rural legend. Also, all other "organic worming agents (antihelmentics) dont do anything, and, in some cases , are dangerous to the animals.
So many organic produced meats are just made from debilitated animals who live in their own filth. (Even confinement raising is more humane)
The concept of organic has been washed up and redressed lately because more big farm ops are getting into it.They perceive that consumers will pay great premiums to be assured that their farm products are "safe from pesticides and additives"

We raise, free range lambs, who are only fed grass and finished on grain in large field areas that have loafing pens where the feed is distributed . We worm them twice before marketing (because internal parasites are endemic throughout the world) we use Tramisol and /or Ivermectin. Both of these have some carry over and these are evacuated through the animals system in at least 45 days. However, the animal is healthy and thrifty in its short life (we grow them out to about 95 pounds , beyond which the rib bones start flattening and they become mutton )

Wow. Never knew!. Thanks for the info. And thank you for worming your animals. Better for the animal, us and the world Modern science isn't all bad. Many people are suspisious of science these days, sometimes for legit reasons, especially when it comes to pharmacuticals, but people with good intentions are very vulnerable to being fooled. It's difficult to keep well informed - the info is so often conflicting. Who can you believe?

My only referance to Diatomaceous earth has been that they use it in our swimminp pool filtering system and it has to be flushed out occasionally. I'm not really sure for what though!
Trapping parasites???
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2003 08:36 am
Gautam, I'd love to experience an Indian dinner with someone from India. I never have. I do like that my 2 fav Indian restaurants have frequent ndian patronage. One has a Dosa grill (Is that right). Mmmm, I should get some Indian food and soon!
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2003 08:42 am
Hmmm.. so when r u in London next ?? Smile

Dosa grill ? Shocked
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2003 08:46 am
G, you're on. Whenever that might be.

Um, maybe I have the name wrong. A cook laddled a thin batter out onto an electric grill, put a little potato base lump of goodness in it and rolled it up into a tube. Served with a tomato based chutney type thing. I believe it's S. Indian. Ring any bells?
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2003 08:47 am
Oh that is Dosa all right - but the right way to cook it is on a flame - on a cast iron plate with plenty of butter !!

Never heard it being cooked on an electric grill !!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2003 08:50 am
well, the electric grill (plenty of ghee) was convenient I suppose. I love that place. They have a huge, lovely brunch. I'm getting hungry.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2003 06:50 am
One thing I have learned about Indian restaurants here (and most likely all over), never ever go for the buffet, despite the tempting price. Always order a la carte.
0 Replies