If

Busma

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 11:20 am
If Osama endorsed a candidate, would that candidate surely loose? Which candidate do you think someone like Osama would endorse?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 513 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 01:54 pm
Your question is hypothetical.
For your first question i think the answer is no.

Which candidate do you think someone like Osama would endorse?
If he were in a position to endorse a person into the power he would have decided 2000 victor.
If he takes his official acknowledged post as a terrorist
he would have shaped the result of the election like 2004.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 01:56 pm
It's 'lose'. Loose means something else.

Personally, I think that Osama Bin Laden would probably endorse someone as much like George W Bush as possible. I think he would endorse someone like Nora O'Donnel. She sure sounds dumb in the Dubya style.

It looks to many people as if Bin laden is using the classic ploy of using your opponent's strength to defeat him. How does a small weak guy defeat an 800 lb gorilla? Not with sheer strength that's for sure. What he does is give the gorilla a bloody nose (9-11, USS Cole etc) so he gets so blind with rage and frustration that he blunders about like an idiot wasting his resources in useless chest beating and folly (Iraq).

Furthermore, Bin laden comes from a high up Saudi family. He knows what a bunch of crooks Bush and his gang are, and just what they would be likely to do.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2007 09:59 am
Like I said...

Quote:

Report says war on terror is fuelling al Qaeda
Sun Oct 7, 2007 7:28pm EDT

LONDON (Reuters) - Six years after the September 11 attacks in the United States, the "war on terror" is failing and instead fuelling an increase in support for extremist Islamist movements, a British think-tank said on Monday.

A report by the Oxford Research Group (ORG) said a "fundamental re-think is required" if the global terrorist network is to be rendered ineffective.

"If the al Qaeda movement is to be countered, then the roots of its support must be understood and systematically undercut," said Paul Rogers, the report's author and professor of global peace studies at Bradford University in northern England.

"Combined with conventional policing and security measures, al Qaeda can be contained and minimized but this will require a change in policy at every level."

He described the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq as a "disastrous mistake" which had helped establish a "most valued jihadist combat training zone" for al Qaeda supporters.

The report -- Alternatives to the War on Terror -- recommended the immediate withdrawal of all foreign troops from Iraq coupled with intensive diplomatic engagement in the region, including with Iran and Syria.

In Afghanistan, Rogers also called for an immediate scaling down of military activities, an injection of more civil aid and negotiations with militia groups aimed at bringing them into the political process.

If such measures were adopted it would still take "at least 10 years to make up for the mistakes made since 9/11."
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2007 10:03 am
contrex wrote:
It's 'lose'. Loose means something else.
Sorry, I just couldn't help myself Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

okay continue......
0 Replies