Hillary's Star Continues To Rise

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 10:49 am
read 'em and weep.....

http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071007/NEWS09/71005047/1001&lead=1
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,417 • Replies: 67
No top replies

EmilyGreen

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2007 07:10 am
Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom before making any new improvements. I feel that if she was elected president, this country would hit rock bottom pretty quick... so I guess her getting into office wouldn't be all bad.

I think she's evil, but hey - that's just my opinion.
0 Replies

Halfback

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2007 10:29 am
Considering the Republican Candidates and what they seem to be offering. i.e. more of the same, continue to march. I am not impressed.

Considering the Democratic Candidates and what they seem to be offering. i.e. more of the same, continue to tax. I am not impressed.

Is this the best we can come up with? We are indeed in a sorry state. Worst of all, I suppose, is the fact that the Congress doesn't even listen to the voice of the people any more. (Witness a 25% approval rating.) Compared to that, Bush (probably the most vilified President since Nixon) doesn't look to bad.

I keep hearing the same old thing, "We need a leader to step forward...". Not gonna happen, our system seems to preclude leadership being a factor. We, the taxpayers, are going to have to take the lead.

If we cannot feel comfortable with the cast we have, let's recast the whole show. Reelect NO ONE for the next three elections. If they are incumbant, out they go. I realize that is a radical solution, but the end result would be worth the intervening six years of confusion.

The best part is that we would have a whole new set of characters and you had better believe they would bloody well listen to the voice of the people. It's a chance to take the Government back from "special interests", Lobbys and Big Business.

It has been said that a people sometimes gets exactly the Government it deserves. I hold that hypothesis proven in our case.

Halfback

i
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2007 10:31 am
EmilyGreen wrote:
Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom before making any new improvements. I feel that if she was elected president, this country would hit rock bottom pretty quick... so I guess her getting into office wouldn't be all bad.

I think she's evil, but hey - that's just my opinion.

I am not a big Hillary fan...

But she would be a big step up from where we are right now. (Or are you saying we are now below rock bottom.)
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2007 10:37 am
One more time, for the people in the back.

HILLARY CLINTON WILL NEVER BE PRESIDENT.

Carry on.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2007 10:48 am
kickycan wrote:

Carry on.

I don't think this is correct at all, unfortunately for my boy Obama.

Halfback, we need to raise taxes; we're deep in the red. Not a hard concept to understand.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2007 10:53 am
kickycan wrote:

Carry on.

I know you are powerful, but.... let's just say I hope you can follow through on this promise.
0 Replies

EmilyGreen

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2007 11:40 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
kickycan wrote:

Carry on.

Halfback, we need to raise taxes; we're deep in the red. Not a hard concept to understand.

Cycloptichorn

Have you read about the "Fiar Tax"? Its very interesting. http://www.fairtax.org/site/PageServer If you take the time to fully understand it, it would be hard to oppose it.

I don't think simply "raising" taxes will fix anything, considering who will be destributing those funds.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2007 11:58 am
EmilyGreen wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
kickycan wrote:

Carry on.

Cycloptichorn

Have you read about the "Fiar Tax"? Its very interesting. http://www.fairtax.org/site/PageServer If you take the time to fully understand it, it would be hard to oppose it.

I don't think simply "raising" taxes will fix anything, considering who will be destributing those funds.

Raising taxes will have the direct effect of bringing in more money, which goes to paying the debts. It's not a complicated subject.

The Fair Tax is just another method of keeping the rich, rich. I favor progressive taxation which makes the wealthy pay far higher percentages then anyone else.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2007 02:35 pm
kickycan wrote:

Carry on.

Ya wanna wager, ya chickenshit italian?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2007 03:00 pm
blatham wrote:
kickycan wrote:

Carry on.

Name the stakes, vile northern creature!
0 Replies

okie

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2007 03:12 pm
The subject of Hillary always brings out the best and is most uplifting, as is evident here on this thread. ha ha. With such a rising star, how is it so many Dems will close their eyes and hold their nose before they pull the lever?
0 Replies

EmilyGreen

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2007 03:15 pm
Cycloptichorn -

More money is just more money. If you don't have people in office that will distribute it properly, then its pointless.

And taxing the wealthy a higher percentage is just punishing people for working hard. The fair tax is a consumer based tax - poor people buy less and will pay fewer taxes, and the wealthy buy more and will pay more taxes... this is different because its their choice to buy more, and pay more taxes. Of course, there's a bit more to it than that, but not much.
0 Replies

EmilyGreen

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2007 03:16 pm
okie wrote:
The subject of Hillary always brings out the best and is most uplifting, as is evident here on this thread. ha ha. With such a rising star, how is it so many Dems will close their eyes and hold their nose before they pull the lever?

Because the people who have been paying attention have learned not to trust her... at all.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2007 03:19 pm
EmilyGreen wrote:
Cycloptichorn -

More money is just more money. If you don't have people in office that will distribute it properly, then its pointless.

And taxing the wealthy a higher percentage is just punishing people for working hard. The fair tax is a consumer based tax - poor people buy less and will pay fewer taxes, and the wealthy buy more and will pay more taxes... this is different because its their choice to buy more, and pay more taxes. Of course, there's a bit more to it than that, but not much.

Punishing people for working hard. Laughing That's rich!

At the end of the day, even with high taxes, the rich still live an absolute life of luxury and extravagence compared to pretty much everyone else. I'm not too concerned about the 'punishment' that they are getting.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2007 03:21 pm
okie wrote:

because Hillary, unbathed and covered in ****... would smell better than anything the republicans are going to put up. that is the reality.
0 Replies

EmilyGreen

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2007 03:25 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
okie wrote:

because Hillary, unbathed and covered in ****... would smell better than anything the republicans are going to put up. that is the reality.

What about Ron Paul?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2007 03:27 pm
EmilyGreen wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
okie wrote:

What about Ron Paul?

He's right about Iraq, and absolutely nuts about pretty much everything else.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2007 03:30 pm
and he's not going to get the nomination, so why bother talking about him?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2007 03:30 pm
kickycan wrote:
blatham wrote:
kickycan wrote:

Carry on.

Name the stakes, vile northern creature!

Do you have a sister?
0 Replies