Ralph Nadar: Where are the Lawyers of America?

tinygiraffe

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 09:44 am
revel wrote:
Congress's lack of action and retroactive approval don't let Bush off the hook for the lies and tricks he used in taking this nation to war, spying on Americans and lying about it, being mixed up in the whole Plame scandal, getting around the GC and authorizing torture.

jesus christ, let's hope not.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 10:09 am
revel wrote:
This website sums up the reasons why George Bush deserves to be impeached pretty well. I am sure there are others and all the links and arguments of all the actions the administration has taken the last few years have been left through out this site in any case.

And as you own reference makes clear - the actions that you see as "justification" for impeachment were in fact, approved by the Congress. The Congressional Democrats can't justify an impeachment of Bush without removing themselves from office first.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 10:56 am
fishin wrote:
revel wrote:
This website sums up the reasons why George Bush deserves to be impeached pretty well. I am sure there are others and all the links and arguments of all the actions the administration has taken the last few years have been left through out this site in any case.

And as you own reference makes clear - the actions that you see as "justification" for impeachment were in fact, approved by the Congress. The Congressional Democrats can't justify an impeachment of Bush without removing themselves from office first.

Not all of congress voted for the war and some have regretted their vote to authorize the war but think we should continue it now for all sorts of reasons which may or may not make sense. (I go both ways)

Also your right about the wiretapping; I don't know why in the world they keep authorizing it.

Which this ties into.

Mostly it has just been the lies and the secrets which makes the administration stand out from the cowardly democratic congress.

Admittedly they couldn't do much with such a slim majority but they don't have to vote for things like wiretapping without warrants and habeas corpus. They could at least attempt to bring some of these kinds of issues to the floor even if they do get filibustered.

Look I don't want to beat this impeachment thing to death. Its not going to happen and I know that. I am just saying in a just world; there is enough to impeach him. The problem would be where would you stop?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 11:48 pm
fishin wrote:

That's nonsense, fishin'. They lied to Congress. They lied to everyone. Beyond that, he and they have broken the law on numerous occasions. They make Nixon look like a piker.

It would just be too much to expect the kind of honesty necessary to admit to the world that the USA is not what it's made out to be. The rule of law has been made a joke. The ideals, never really practiced anyway, just propagandized in civics classes, are looking mighty tarnished.

All too many people who should be taking reponsibility are simply hoping that they'll wake up one day and the nightmare will have ended.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 12:19 am
Remember all the glib talk after Nixon about how it showed the process worked, that America's constitution had got it right and it was being appropriately and judiciously followed.

What a f**king crock of sour owl manure all that was. The debacle that has been the last, what, six, seven years clearly shows that the constitution doesn't work at all. That it can ignored and abused with such incredible ease clearly illustrates that it just ain't workin'.

And who's to blame for this. The very people who took all those wasted civics courses. The shame is obviously so pervasive that few are willing to stand up and be counted. Everyone knows that checking up on this perverse and perverted "uncle" could reveal even greater horrors.

But what better time is there to be counted on, than when your country and its institutions are being subjected to the most vile abuse imaginable.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 01:03 am
Well who could disagree with that?
0 Replies