Time to Wipe Out White House Press Corps?

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2007 08:26 am
It's always about the money.---BBB

Bill O'Reilly to Tony Snow: Time to Wipe Out White House Press Corps -- Like Cancer
By E&P Staff
Published: October 06, 2007

When former White House spokesman Tony Snow appeared with Bill O'Reilly on Fox News last night he took some ribbing about all the money he was going to make "bloviating" (as the TV host put it) now. When Snow said that, of course, he would write a book, O'Reilly had a two-for-one idea.

The transcript follows:

O'REILLY: Now what is the career plan here? You're a fat cat now, ex-White House spokesperson. You can make a lot of money bloviating like I do, give the speeches -- I mean, you know, you can write a book. I assume you can do that, right?

SNOW: Yes.

O'REILLY: But you're not going to tell all in the book?

SNOW: No, as a matter of fact, I'm going to - I'm interested in two books. I'm going to do a lot of speeches, but also, I'm going to do a book about how you deal with something like cancer. You know.

O'REILLY: A new cancer book.

SNOW: Yes, well, it's going to be with cancer and also how you deal with the unexpected, because it's a lot broader.

O'REILLY: You know what you can do with all the respect?
You can combine how-I-deal-with cancer with how-I-deal-with- the-White House press corps. Because they're both insidious, invasive. They both have to be wiped out. And you know, you see the theme that I'm getting at here?

SNOW: Well, maybe I could thread it into.

O'REILLY: You know, you put little microbes and David Gregory's face on the cover. You know, it's huge. This is a high concept deal I'm giving you, man.

SNOW: Oh, man. I'll tell you what. I'll let you have that one.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 146 • Replies: 0
No top replies