"The Israel Lobby" Goes International

Zippo

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2007 01:43 pm

The controversial book by American academics Stephen Walt and John Mearsheimer, who accuse the pro-Israel lobby of hijacking American policy, hit bookstores in Europe in September and soon will be published across the Arab world and in Indonesia, the most populous Muslim country in the world.

Hebrew-only readers, however, will have to wait. To date, no Israeli publishing house has agreed to translate the book.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 379 • Replies: 8
No top replies

kuvasz

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 12:57 am
Re: "The Israel Lobby" Goes International
Zippo wrote:

The controversial book by American academics Stephen Walt and John Mearsheimer, who accuse the pro-Israel lobby of hijacking American policy, hit bookstores in Europe in September and soon will be published across the Arab world and in Indonesia, the most populous Muslim country in the world.

Hebrew-only readers, however, will have to wait. To date, no Israeli publishing house has agreed to translate the book.

You know zip, you hit the Jew thing pretty hard, you ought to try other villains once in a while. how many Jew-bashing threads you got started around here?

You know?

Too many.
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 08:04 am
he's probably right, i just posted in another of your threads, but if i'd seen both i wouldn't have bothered. occasional criticism of the israeli government is important, but constant criticism just looks like jew-bashing. one is useful to participate in, the other is pointless, because it will get lost in noise.

i certainly don't support everything that's happening, and i can't think of any governments that aren't corrupt, but criticism without some kind of balance just gets tuned out by people anyway.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 01:20 pm
So trying to refute the Israeli propaganda is wrong. How often should one refute the daily Israeli propaganda. Once a year?
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 03:00 pm
You guys are ijiots. kuvasz, what part of this thread is considered as "Jew-bashing"?

Stephen Walt and John Mearsheimer are professional American academics. Do you think they're a bunch anti-semites ?
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 03:06 pm
rabel22 wrote:
So trying to refute the Israeli propaganda is wrong. How often should one refute the daily Israeli propaganda. Once a year?

They'd want me to post a thread (re:Israeli propangada) once ever 10 years. Laughing

Just think of how many palestinian kids Israel could kill within that period?

http://www.ifamericansknew.org/images/children_by_year-lg.gif

"The majority of these [Palestinian] children were killed and injured while going about normal daily activities, such as going to school, playing, shopping, or simply being in their homes. Sixty-four percent of children killed during the first six months of 2003 died as a result of Israeli air and ground attacks, or from indiscriminate fire from Israeli soldiers."

http://www.ifamericansknew.org/
0 Replies

safinaz

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 03:47 pm
what I can't understand is the discrimination btw israeli and palestinian people, if some israeli ppl were killed the whole international press talk and write about them as the most innocent victims,while we hear everyday "3 palestinians were killed this morning and the government still looking for ....." just they are not human or whatever! I really can't understand!
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 04:09 pm
safinaz wrote:
what I can't understand is the discrimination btw israeli and palestinian people, if some israeli ppl were killed the whole international press talk and write about them as the most innocent victims,while we hear everyday "3 palestinians were killed this morning and the government still looking for ....." just they are not human or whatever! I really can't understand!

Here lies your answer:

"One million Arabs are not worth a Jewish fingernail." Rabbi Yaacov Perrin, Feb. 27, 1994

90% of U.S media agree with Rabbi's.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 09:19 pm
While there are no Nazis in politcal power to scapegoat Jews, Europe, in my opinion, still uses Jews for scapegoating, so it will not appear that they approve of the U.S. foreign policies. Remember, Europe needs Arab oil, more than the U.S. does.

Europe, in my opinion, is doing a nice diversionary tactic, blaming the Jews for what the U.S. does, meanwhile Europe will ultimately benefit from U.S. policies/wars.

Zippo can you get your posts up faster, you force me to think clearly.
0 Replies