"What is truth?" (John 18:38)

Squeakybro

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2014 06:32 am
@neologist,
Their offspring were hybrid, of course.

Jude 1:6
6 And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day;
(NKJ)

I said
There is no such thing as a hybrid people.
And Jude 1-6 is talking about the one third of the angels that followed satan.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2014 06:39 am
@neologist,
Their offspring were hybrid, of course.
I said
There is no such thing as a hybrid human.
Jude 6 is talking about the one third angels that followed satan.
neologist

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2014 10:11 am
@Squeakybro,
Then, who were the nephelim?
Squeakybro

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2014 11:07 am
@neologist,
You got me their not in the KJV or the NKJV
neologist

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2014 04:47 pm
@Squeakybro,
Sorry. The KJV refers to their children as mighty men in Genesis 6:4.
I thought your research capabilities much better than that
Squeakybro

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2014 05:04 pm
@neologist,
you said
Then, who were the nephelim?

I said
Your doing a lot of flip flopping here. Are you saying that the nephelim are the mighty men ???
Or are you just running alittle camoflouge here?
neologist

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2014 05:28 pm
@Squeakybro,
Check a few other translations of the bible to see what I am talking about. Nevertheless, the KJV specifically refers to the children of those angels as "mighty men".

You continue to miss the point; this line of reasoning was generated, at least in part, by the subject of whether angels have free will, only to a lesser extent as to whether angels could marry, a claim I never made.

The account of Noah's time clearly explains the motivation and activity of those angels who chose to join Satan in his rebellion.

Think: demons

Another problem you have is failure to ascertain that the "Old Testament", or Mosaic Law, represents only a portion of the Hebrew text. When Jesus fulfilled the Law, he did not invalidate the texts he quoted from, did he?
Squeakybro

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2014 08:11 pm
@neologist,
nephelim is your word not mine.
neologist

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2014 08:47 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
nephelim is your word not mine.
I suppose I spelled nephilim incorrectly.
If you were to Google the word, you might get this from Wikipedia.
Quote:
The Nephilim /ˈnɛfɨˌlɪm/ (Hebrew: נפילים‎) were offspring of the "sons of God" and the "daughters of men" before the Deluge according to Genesis 6:4; . . .
As an aside:
The "mythologies" of the Greek and Roman religions were based on the "heroic" events of Noah's day.
Squeakybro

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2014 09:56 pm
@neologist,
Without the bible and absolutely no evidence of something you just follow any rumor thrown out there. Nephilim is no where in the bible anywhere.

Now about your half breeds in verse 6 look at the definition of renown.
And implication honor, authority, character:

Gen 6:4
4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
(KJV)

8034 shem (shame);

Noah and his offspring were the sons of God.
Gen 5:32-6:1
32 And Noah was five hundred years old: and Noah begat Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

CHAPTER 6

1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
(KJV)

a primitive word [perhaps rather from 7760 through the idea of definite and conspicuous position; compare 8064]; an appellation, as a mark or memorial of individuality; by implication honor, authority, character:

KJV-- + base, [in-] fame [-ous], named (-d), renown, report.

neologist

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2014 11:22 pm
@Squeakybro,
You are sidestepping the truth that in Noah's day, rebellious angels materialized and had relations with women, bearing children who were "mighty men". If you believe these offspring were anything other than hybrid angel/human, say so. If you were willing to do even the most basic of research, you would understand that many bible scholars use the term nephilim. I certainly did not invent it.

I seriously am beginning to think you are holding to your irrational statements in order to protect your closely held beliefs.

Look. You have a lot of things right. Keep them and build on them.
neologist

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2014 01:53 am
@Squeakybro,
Try looking it up in Strong's
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2014 05:45 am
@neologist,
Who is side stepping? I proved that you were wrong about your hybred and that angels were not the sons of God.
neologist

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2014 10:00 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
Who is side stepping? I proved that you were wrong about your hybred and that angels were not the sons of God.
Hmm . . . .
Quote:
( Genesis 6:2) That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
Quote:
(Genesis 6:4) There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
Quote:
(Job 1:6) Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.
Quote:
(Job 2:1) Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD.
Quote:
(Job 38: 6,7 ) Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;

7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?
Quote:
(1 Peter 3:19,20) By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
Quote:
(Jude 6) And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
Any of this sound familiar?
Squeakybro

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2014 10:38 am
@neologist,
You can be sons of God on earth old testament
Gen 5:29-6:6
29 And he called his name Noah, saying, "This one will comfort us concerning our work and the toil of our hands, because of the ground which the LORD has cursed."
30 After he begot Noah, Lamech lived five hundred and ninety-five years, and had sons and daughters.
31 So all the days of Lamech were seven hundred and seventy-seven years; and he died.
32 And Noah was five hundred years old, and Noah begot Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

CHAPTER 6

1 Now it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born to them,
2 that the sons of God saw the daughters of men, that they were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves of all whom they chose.
3 And the LORD said, "My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years."
4 There were giants on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.
5 Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
6 And the LORD was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart.
(NKJ)

you can be sons of God in heaven old testament
Job 1:6-9
6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came among them.
7 And the LORD said to Satan, "From where do you come?" So Satan answered the LORD and said, "From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking back and forth on it."
8 Then the LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered My servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, one who fears God and shuns evil?"
9 So Satan answered the LORD and said, "Does Job fear God for nothing?
(NKJ)

you can be sons of God on earth new testament
Gal 3:25-27
25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.
26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
(NKJ)

you can be sons of God in heaven new testament
Luke 20:34-36
34 And Jesus answered and said to them, "The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage.
35 "But those who are counted worthy to attain that age, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage;
36 "nor can they die anymore, for they are equal to the angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection.
(NKJ)

neologist

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2014 12:04 pm
@Squeakybro,
What about sons of God before man was created?

(Job 38: 6,7 ) Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;

7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?
Squeakybro

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2014 12:45 pm
@neologist,
Who cares about the time before man was created? My minds full with what has happened sense man was created.
neologist

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2014 01:32 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
Who cares about the time before man was created? My minds full with what has happened sense (sic) man was created.
Of course you don't care as it proves the Sons of God are angels. It would not have been related to us if it were not true.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2014 02:24 pm
@Squeakybro,

you can be sons of God on earth new testament
Gal 3:25-27
25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.
26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
(NKJ)
neologist

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2014 02:41 pm
@Squeakybro,
You like to throw around terms such as oxymoron.
Here is one you must learn:
Non sequitur