HELP! Moving into new home and need softener ASAP.

justalurker

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 12:52 pm
Re: Some closure
442 wrote:
It's crazy how soapy and sudsy the water gets. As for the whole softened water saving water, I wonder if the fact that you have to use so much to rinse cancels out any benefit! Maybe I just have to get used to realizing that the soap is gone even when it still feels slick and slimy...

Cut back on the amount of soap, detergent, and shampoo you used to use.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 02:11 pm
justalurker wrote:
442 wrote:
It's crazy how soapy and sudsy the water gets. As for the whole softened water saving water, I wonder if the fact that you have to use so much to rinse cancels out any benefit! Maybe I just have to get used to realizing that the soap is gone even when it still feels slick and slimy...

Cut back on the amount of soap, detergent, and shampoo you used to use.

+1

You need to use 50 - 70% less soap product than you normally used with hard water.

442 wrote:

P.S. H20_MAN gets the prize.

Please provide me your Credit Card# w/ expiration date and CVV2# on back, Billing address, SS#, Mother's maiden name, and shoe size so I can send you your prize. J/K Wink

Laughing
0 Replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2007 08:20 am
442 wrote:
Fleck 5600SE, 1.0 cuft of C-249 resin, with tank jacket, and a stainless steel by pass valve.

The unit is programmed to recharge every 1200 gallons. For me and my girlfriend, it took us 8 days to use 1200 gallons.

Taking what you say literally, 1200 gallons, and that you have 24 gpg hardness, and you wanted to size for a family of 4 although there are only two of you now, then 1 cuft is too small and it isn't programmed correctly. IF it actually regenerated at 0 gallons remaining plus waiting until the next 2 AM, it is not going to continue giving you softened water for very long.

You used 23K of capacity, and 23k in a 1.0 cuft means your salt efficiency is fairly poor, with only two people there... What capacity is it set for and how many pounds of salt for the salt dose?
0 Replies