SADDAM COULD HAVE BEEN REMOVED WITHOUT WAR

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 03:37 pm
Here is one more thing for which we must credit Bush. Wow!!!!

September 27, 2007 at 22:18:48

Saddam Could Have Been Removed Without Iraq War

by Rob Kall Page 1 of 1 page(s)

http://www.opednews.com

Saddam offered to go into exile if allowed to take a $billion dollars with him. Bush turned him down and began an unnecessary war.

In February 2003, George Bush told the former prime minister of Spain, Jose Maria Aznar, that Saddam Hussein had offered to go into exile, but that he would reject the offer, and that the US would be at war with Iraq by March of 2003. the Financial Times reports.

Hussein had offered to go into exile for $1 billion dollars.

The Financial Times based its report on a leaked transcript of a conversation between Bush and Aznar, stating,

Outlining contacts between Saddam and Egypt, Mr Bush said: "He's indicated he would be prepared to go into exile if he's allowed to take $1bn and all the information he wants about weapons of mass destruction." Mr Bush ruled out such a deal, describing Saddam as "a thief, a terrorist, a war criminal".

It appears that the Iraq war, sold as necessary to rid the world of Saddam, justified as worthwhile after the war was under way, after the occupation had cost the US thousands of lives and cost the Iraqis hundreds of thousands of innocent victims. was not necessary.

Would this going to war on another lie be enough for Nancy Pelosi to put impeachment back on the table?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 479 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 03:56 pm
I think Saddam is not that type of dictator as Imelda Marcos or any xyz.

As an Ex bedfellow of American politician he had shown his PATRIOTIC FERVOR till his last minute.

Journalists are embedded stenographers to sell their songs for their l existence.

I used the word Marcos intentionally.
USA had sent a special plane to hijack/ transport the family of the Marcos and their shoes to have a nice breeze in Havai

Papa Bush would have killed this rotten Sadam but he had not done that..
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 04:20 pm
Bush would never have fallen for that Saddam exit deal; he is too stupid.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 04:56 pm
Not that advocate.
Bush will never bestow confidence with that Spanish dethrowned non-entity..
I think this story is another non-serious STORY.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 08:14 pm
Link to initial piece in the Financial Times...
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/e46d7ed0-6d31-11dc-ab19-0000779fd2ac.html
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 10:38 am
All this is further proof that Bush's principal goal in invading Iraq was to grab the oil. Maps were prepared before the invasion that divided Iraq up among the US oil companies.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 12:46 pm
this is why george bush should be impeached, then convicted of treason and publicly executed as a traitor.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 02:55 pm
Hear, hear!!!! If only it could be. Bush is the worst thing that has ever happened to this country.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 04:41 pm
I Have no respect for Sadam nor his bedfellows.
What I had wished is this.
There were umpteen charges against the ex .dictator who got indoctrinated by the criminals..
Only the first charge is prooved and he was hanged
and the rest charges are ignored.
Of course the JUSTICE IS DONE for one charge.
Where is the uproar about the rest hidden, unheared , buried charges?
The Arab s are shouting with silence
The pot should not call kettle black
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 10:19 pm
I have been looking forward to the end of Bushes term so the congress and other agencies can investigate bush, Cheney and others in his adminstration for graft and other illegal activities. But it occurred to me that all he has to do is give a blanket pardon the way Reagan did at the end of his term. Bush and all his thieves will get away scott free because the democrats don't have the bal*s to do what they should and could have done now.
0 Replies