Hello from the Nazi State of IL

cjhsa

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 07:54 am
Last night in a sporting goods store I was told I couldn't even touch the ammo, though it was on sale and in the middle of aisle, without an "FOID card".

F--k Illinois. Nazi creeps. I cannot leave fast enough.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,283 • Replies: 48
No top replies

roger

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 09:50 am
This goes way back. I saw the same thing in Springfield in 1970
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 10:20 am
Why is such supposed to mirror a Nazi state resp. "Nazi creeps"?

If you refer to the German arms law: that originates from the law of 30. January 1919 (with later additions in 1928).
The idea was actually to be anti the Nazis (and other extreme right and left extremists).

[I've a (kind of) "FOID card" myself, from 1809, issued by the (Napoleonic) administration of 'Kingdom of Westphalia'.]
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 07:22 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:

[I've a (kind of) "FOID card" myself, from 1809, issued by the (Napoleonic) administration of 'Kingdom of Westphalia'.]

Damn you are OLD
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 08:01 pm
"Nazi creeps"

C'mon Walter.. you know, like Switzerland where you actually have to register when you buy ammo.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 09:09 pm
Liberalism rewrites history so they don't have to remember it, and yet it dooms us all to repeat it.

Nazi creeps.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 09:10 pm
In some cantons, yes. Unless they've changed the laws, in other cantons, no. They used to have the same variation as we do between California and New Mexico.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 10:01 pm
roger wrote:
In some cantons, yes. Unless they've changed the laws, in other cantons, no. They used to have the same variation as we do between California and New Mexico.

I knew I shouldn't have trusted the Swiss government to tell the truth about their laws.

I'll have to track down that press release by the Swiss government refuting claims by the NRA about gun laws in Switzerland just to see how deceitful they were.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 10:25 pm
roger wrote:

They've the same regulations as in the EU.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 07:44 am
The only people I know in real life who weren't completely apalled by this were from Illinois....
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 08:34 am
cjhsa wrote:
The only people I know in real life who weren't completely apalled by this were from Illinois....

That might be.

But I'm still not sure why you wrote "Nazi state".
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 01:18 pm
IL is the most undemocratic state in the republic - Lincoln is rolling in his grave. It is government for the government, by the government, not by the people. They are nazi gun grabbers intent upon controlling their citizens with an iron fist. The mayor of Chicago is a brazen ass. The state governor is a second amendment hating fool.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 02:23 pm
I'n sure that you have neither have an idea about what Nazi means nor that you care at all about the terrible background of this term.

What certainly is your right.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 02:35 pm
The nazis took away the citizenry's guns, especially those belonging to the jews. They had no way to resist their internment.

We lost family members in WWII in europe. My father was a B-17 pilot who actually survived the war... it wasn't a high probability in that job.

You really need to concern yourself with nutjob despots like Ahmallamasdingdong instead of your perception of what my knowledge of a nazi is.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 03:25 pm
Thanks for the clarification on that, Walter
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 04:54 pm
cjhsa wrote:
The nazis took away the citizenry's guns, especially those belonging to the jews. They had no way to resist their internment.
Nothing like rewriting history there cj...

But then you are more than happy to rewrite history if you think it would support your point.

Quote:
Gun control, the Law on Firearms and Ammunition, was introduced to Germany in 1928 under the Weimar regime

The myth of Nazi Gun control
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 10:29 pm
cjhsa wrote:

We lost family members in WWII in europe. My father was a B-17 pilot who actually survived the war... it wasn't a high probability in that job.

You really need to concern yourself with nutjob despots like Ahmallamasdingdong instead of your perception of what my knowledge of a nazi is.

I lost have of my family due to the Nazis. But that wasn't the topic.

However, and if you had read (since you obviously didn't know that) what I had written above: the "weapon law" ('Waffengesetz') was introduced in the early days of the Weimar Republic. (In 1918 bylaws by the 'Poeple's Council' and vatious police departments, in 1919 by parliament - 1928 the law was changed.)
The Nazis just used it for their purpose.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2007 06:21 am
Whenever a "cop" says they think law abiding citizens should be disarmed, which is the mentality of most of Chicago's force as well as their superiors - they have no business being cops....

(my father will tell you stories about having to pay Chi-town traffic control cops to cross the street after a baseball game finished - they haven't changed)

By MIKE ROBINSON, Associated Press Writer
Sun Sep 30, 2:47 PM ET

CHICAGO - Videotapes of angry officers savagely beating civilians and charges that a murder plot was hatched within an elite special operations unit have Chicago's troubled police department reeling again.

Adding to the department's woes is word from federal prosecutors that they are investigating claims that homicide detectives tortured suspects into confessing to murders that landed them on death row in the 1980s.

Not since club-swinging cops in baby-blue helmets chased demonstrators through clouds of pepper gas at the 1968 Democratic National Convention have Chicago police been so awash in trouble.

The biggest shock came Wednesday when federal prosecutors charged special operations officer Jerome Finnigan with planning the murder of another member of the unit to keep him from talking to the government.

"This kind of stuff on Page One is just horrible," and reinforces a misleading stereotype of police, said Roosevelt University political scientist Paul Green, who taught at the police academy for four years.

"The overwhelming 99.9 percent do their job professionally," he said.

But evidence of deep-rooted problems is piling up.

Finnigan, 44, also is one of six members of the special operations unit, created to crack down on gangs and drugs, who are charged with operating a shakedown operation aimed at civilians. Prosecutors say they have him on tape weighing the possibility of having someone kill a fellow special operations officer to keep him from becoming a witness against him.

Finnigan and his attorney, Michael Ficaro, declined to comment.

In July, three off-duty officers pleaded not guilty to charges that they beat four businessmen in a bar in a videotaped confrontation.

In another videotaped confrontation, off-duty officer Anthony Abbate was seen apparently beating a 115-pound female bartender because she would not serve him another drink. Abbate has pleaded not guilty to a felony charge of aggravated battery.

The quagmire is deepened by five federal lawsuits accusing police and city officials of covering up the torture of murder suspects at the Area 2 detective headquarters under violent crimes Lt. Jon Burge in the 1980s. Burge was fired in 1993 after a suspect in the murder of two officers allegedly was abused while in his custody.

A four-year study by two special prosecutors appointed by a Cook County judge, released in July 2006, found that Chicago police beat, kicked and shocked scores of black suspects in the 1970s and 1980s to get confessions. The report said it was impossible to file charges because the incidents were so old that the statute of limitations had long since run out.

On Wednesday, however, U.S. Attorney Patrick J. Fitzgerald announced the federal government was stepping into the torture case, saying it would seek evidence of "perjury, false statements and obstruction of justice by members of the Chicago police department."

"It's political, it's cultural, it's systemic," said attorney G. Flint Taylor, who represents several former death row inmates now suing Burge and city officials.

Attorney Richard Sikes, who represents Burge in the five civil suits, said after Fitzgerald's announcement that allegations against his client "have been fairly investigated by the special prosecutors who found that charges were not appropriate."

The department has been slow to put its best foot forward. Officers in the news affairs office said only department spokeswoman Monique Bond could comment. Bond did not return three calls seeking comment over two days.

Mark Donahue, president of Chicago's Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 7, said most officers are doing a professional job but the department's reputation has been hurt by the misdeeds of a minority.

"I subscribe to the few-bad-apples theory," Donahue said. "It is also due to the attention that the few bad apples are getting from the media."

The City Council recently revamped the Office of Professional Standards, which investigates charges that police officers abused civilians. Instead of reporting to department higher ups, as it did for years, the office now reports directly to Mayor Richard M. Daley.

Futterman says such investigations in the past were shoddy and rarely resulted in discipline against the officers.

"If they investigated crimes the way they investigate complaints against police officers they would never close a case," Futterman says.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2007 06:50 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:

However, and if you had read (since you obviously didn't know that) what I had written above: the "weapon law" ('Waffengesetz') was introduced in the early days of the Weimar Republic. (In 1918 bylaws by the 'Poeple's Council' and vatious police departments, in 1919 by parliament - 1928 the law was changed.)
The Nazis just used it for their purpose.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2007 11:41 am
You say the nazis used it for their purpose. Why do you continue to (fail to) mock me?

Illinois' gun laws are a travesty and a strike against the contitution of the U.S.
0 Replies