Maintenance notice 9/19/2007

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 01:06 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
All the old urls should redirect flawlessly to the new ones, preserving bookmarks links etc.

It didn't, on my maschine at least (IE7). [With AM-Deadlink, which might have been the reason why.]
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 01:27 pm
Gawd, I just love it when Craven starts pushing buttons.

That's so hot!
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 02:59 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
sozobe wrote:
I got booted off, and had to sign in again. No big deal, but unusual.

Yeah, you probably didn't notice but you are on a different domain now.

I came here to see why that was... Nice job.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 06:27 am
Quotes sometimes do not seem to be working properly.....

eg...some posts from here:

http://www.able2know.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2862198#2862198
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 07:11 am
dlowan wrote:

Nah. The first quoter forgot or deleted the "end quote" code. As people continue to quote, the script considers the outermost quote to be invalid.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 07:44 am
DrewDad wrote:
dlowan wrote:

Nah. The first quoter forgot or deleted the "end quote" code. As people continue to quote, the script considers the outermost quote to be invalid.

I wondered that....but the "quote" function is automatic when we click on quote, no?

It's not like most of us are doing quotes via typing in the code.

Anyhoo, presumably Craven can figure that out.

Quotes went weird once before, as I recall.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 09:41 am
From time to time, when I'm on my "Your Posts" page and I'm following a link to a thread, I'm getting a German error message that translates into "The internet page http://www.able2know.org/... cannot be opened. Operation aborted."

Before yesterday, I've been getting those messages occasionally (perhaps once a day). Now (since yesterday) I'm getting them a lot more often (perhaps ten times a day).
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 09:44 am
Thomas wrote:
From time to time, when I'm on my "Your Posts" page and I'm following a link to a thread, I'm getting a German error message that translates into "The internet page http://www.able2know.org/... cannot be opened. Operation aborted."

Same here.

(I'm surprised that you get that message in German and not in Bavarian, Thomas!)

I have to go in such cases to the previous page, and from there to the last post.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 11:00 am
I'm getting that notice when I've been on the last page of a thread - go back to read the previous page - and then try to go back to the last page to see if anything new has been posted. I have to leave the thread entirely and start fresh.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 01:36 pm
yep , been getting that mesage for the last several days and thought it was a problem at my end .
i'm getting around it by accessing the PAGE first , rather than the ENTRY and moving from there post my entry - that seems to work - so far .

btw i'm still fighting to get my printer (lexmark) to work properly after having the system upgraded to VISTA HOME PREMIUM .
i suspect there is a incompatibility between MCAFEE ALL-IN-ONE and the printer/driver software .
i think i may have to add each portion of mcafee individually to find/isolate the offending piece of security software .
i had a similar problem under the old system ; when i tried to install the full mcafee suite , i was essentially shut out of the internet .
wish me luck !
hbg
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 02:07 pm
I couldn't get in for a while--twice. Informed that the website was not available. Informed that a thread was not available. And some other stuff.

I'll try to be clearer and a bit more specific tomorrow--if I can get back in.

Just informed that I couldn't get in again. Copied the message. This has now happened when I tried to enter the site and when I tried to post a repsonse.

Error 500 'www.able2know...' Unknown Host.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 05:06 pm
again !
so had to work around by going to page first , scroll down , POST A REPLY and it works Rolling Eyes
hbg
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 05:21 pm
hamburger, This works only if I can get in.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 05:26 pm
hi roberta !
i only had to sign in once earlier this week - no more questions asked Shocked Laughing

hope you are not being investigated for suspicious behaviour :wink:
(BAD JOKE Laughing ).
hbg
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 05:30 pm
I had to sign in, but figured it was my ISP.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 08:41 pm
I don't mind signing in at all. This message said that the site was inaccessible. I couldn't get in.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2007 03:17 am
dyslexia wrote:
Craven de Kere wrote:
The maintenance will be done in stages over a few days, please let me know if you see anything unusual.
I saw several plastic flamingos in my yard this morning, some people consider that unusual.

What colour were the flamingos? Nothing unusual in pink ones, but other colours.....that's pretty bloody weird!
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2007 03:45 am
Dys is an anarchist :

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/mly/lowres/mlyn211l.jpg
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2007 04:45 am
Now I"m getting this fuhkakta message when I type a response. The message appears in the topic review box.

I protest. This is clearly discrimination against sleek and swift felines.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2007 07:03 am
A2K automatically logged me out much sooner than I expected based on past behavior of the site. As a result I lost a rather long post. Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies