Paul Krugman Starts New Blog at New York Times

Thomas

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 04:00 am
Paul Krugman is starting a new blog at the New York Times. It's titled "The Conscience of a Liberal", and you can read it over here:
    [url=http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/]http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/[/url]
That's it. I just thought my fellow Paul Krugman fans might appreciate a heads-up.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,303 • Replies: 12
No top replies

squinney

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 06:13 am
Thanks. He's a good read. Looking forward to the book.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 06:25 am
Seen him in a documentary on TV yesterday, for a hour. Pretty articulate and well reasoned guy, he is...
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 06:33 am
Bet you got a GIANT WOODIE when you found this out, eh?
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 06:59 am
Are you overwhelmed by masturbatory thoughts or is onanism your hobby?

My only woodies happen to be about beautiful women. Blame me...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 11:55 am
Ah, to be able to read Krugman again, 'tis a good day.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 12:02 pm
Krugman, who looks like an impudent little weasel, is a decidedly acquired taste - say, something between unrefrigerated two day old caviar and dogshit. I am truly amazed at the attraction he appears to hold for otherwise rational appearing people.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 01:03 pm
Your loss, not ours, George.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 01:07 pm
thanks thomas
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 03:40 pm
georgeob1 wrote:
Krugman, who looks like an impudent little weasel, is a decidedly acquired taste - say, something between unrefrigerated two day old caviar and dogshit. I am truly amazed at the attraction he appears to hold for otherwise rational appearing people.

Paul Krugman?

Let me get this straight. Are we talking about the same Paul Krugman? The one who has been honored with the Eccles Prize for Excellence in Economic Writing, the John Bates Clark Medal, the Adam Smith Award, the Nikkei Prize (with M. Fujita and A. Venables), and the Alonso Prize? Is that the sort of limited economic background to which the perceptionless one implies?

No doubt about it. That pungent smell is wafting not from Krugman but Georgiezero's soiled little diaper.

BTW: Georgiezero you failed to call him a "dirty little Jew," so you're slipping.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 03:55 pm
Kuvasz -- You severely underestimate George if you think he's into antisemitic slurs.

I think the true sources of George's grief are two: (1) George likes beautiful people, and foolishly seeks beauty in economists. That's why he's so offended by an economist who, in his words, "looks like an impudent little weasel." (2) Krugman was right about the war in Iraq whereas George was wrong. In that, Krugman resembles Chiraq and Schröder, who were right about it too. (Consequently, George doesn't like them either.)
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 06:26 pm
Thomas wrote:
Kuvasz -- You severely underestimate George if you think he's into antisemitic slurs.

I think the true sources of George's grief are two: (1) George likes beautiful people, and foolishly seeks beauty in economists. That's why he's so offended by an economist who, in his words, "looks like an impudent little weasel." (2) Krugman was right about the war in Iraq whereas George was wrong. In that, Krugman resembles Chiraq and Schröder, who were right about it too. (Consequently, George doesn't like them either.)
ROFL
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 06:34 pm
I respect both george and kuvasz. I must be schizophiliac.
0 Replies