Bush Lies...Soldiers Die...Gas STILL High

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2003 08:02 am
Now what do I do with this warehouse full of "Kick their ass..take their gas" bumperstickers? Rolling Eyes

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/08/09/business/09OIL.html?ex=1061006400&en=89a5465d877c04b9&ei=5062&partner=GOOGLE
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 623 • Replies: 7
No top replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2003 08:05 am
You don't think the oil companies are...

Nah. Couldn't be.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2003 08:12 am
Quote:
Oil traders and consumers thought that exports from Iraq would resume almost immediately after the war and replenish supplies, driving prices lower.

Gee, now why did we think that....? Anyone?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2003 08:15 am
Maybe a second winter of higher than usual gas prices will damage Bush's chance for a re-election.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2003 08:20 am
For that result I'll pay 2.00 a gallon gladly..... but Bush put the 2004 election on his Daddy's credit card on Jan. 21st. 2001 I fear.....
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2003 08:28 am
Quote:
On the eve of the Clinton impeachment hearings in 1998, the Sexuality Information and Education Council sent out ''Ten Tips for Talking about the Starr Report with your Children.''

''The upcoming impeachment hearing,'' council president Debra Haffner advised, ''provides parents with a special opportunity to talk to their children about sexuality issues ... The question parents need to ask is ''Who do I want to tell my children about this sad situation?'' Another child on the playground? An acquaintance on the school bus? They are unlikely to tell your children the facts in a clear way. And only YOU can give YOUR children YOUR values.''

It's now 2003, and if the events of these last weeks don't provide parents with that special opportunity to talk to their children about the president and values such as truth, lies, and consequences, then I don't know what does.

So, with all due credit to the Sexuality Information and Education Council, here are ''Tips for Talking about President Bush with Your Children'':

Think about your values as they relate to this situation. What are your family's values about telling the truth? What would you do if your child lied to you and when you scolded him or her, he or she replied: ''I am not a fact-checker.'' Or added, ''Isn't it time to move on?''

Ask your children to tell you what words mean to them. Explain that words have consequences and lies can come in two, six or 16 words.

Kids, lies, and President Bush
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2003 08:36 am
Is it suggested that Bush set most of this up to facilitate landslide profits for his oil buddies? Oil does make things slippery after all.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2003 09:41 am
nothing gets by you huh lightwizard :wink:
0 Replies